First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I have been waiting since the first concept Jeep Wrangler truck (Gladiator) back in 2005.

0502_3+Jeep_Gladiator_Concept+Front_Drivers_Side_View.jpg

0502_3+Jeep_Gladiator_Concept+Front_Drivers_Side_View.jpg
Sponsored

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Damn, you guys are triggered pretty easily... With the title, you should have had the IQ to extrapolate what the post was going to be about and not even read it if it was going to bother you that much. We should work on being a welcoming and friendly crowd, not pretentious, there is no point to being an a**. To the OP, enjoy the RAM! they are pretty sweet trucks! I looked at a Laramie Longhorn yesterday and it was beyond gorgeous!! :) Best luxury truck by far! I am personally really looking forward to the Gladiator! I have always buzzed around the trails on dirtbikes and am excited to join the Jeep world. the smaller size is just right for me. I have never owned a truck so the massive size makes me uncomfortable. Have a good day all.

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
Hmmm what’s the name of this FORUM?
GLADIATOR -
  1. (in ancient Rome) a man trained to fight with weapons against other men or wild animals in an arena.

Beware non GLADIATOR owners lol.

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm what’s the name of this FORUM?
GLADIATOR -
  1. (in ancient Rome) a man trained to fight with weapons against other men or wild animals in an arena.

Beware non GLADIATOR owners lol.
Gladiators were the fighters and were typically slaves from conquered lands owned by rich flamboyant playboys. ;):CWL:

Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
I love my Jeeps and have owned many of them. I ain’t mad at the original poster though. These Gladiators are $$$$$. By my math, they are $10,000 more for $10,000 less “truck”. My solution is to buy a stripped Sport and built it from there while probably costing double to do it LOL

I only paid $44k for my loaded 2018 Recon Edition JK 17 months ago. Hard to pay $20k more for a bed and push button start but I’m probably gonna do it anyway

image.jpg

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
I love my Jeeps and have owned many of them. I ain’t mad at the original poster though. These Gladiators are $$$$$. By my math, they are $10,000 more for $10,000 less “truck”. My solution is to buy a stripped Sport and built it from there while probably costing double to do it LOL

I only paid $44k for my loaded 2018 Recon Edition JK 17 months ago. Hard to pay $20k more for a bed and push button start but I’m probably gonna do it anyway

image.jpg
Now that's a Garage!!!!!

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

image.jpg
Your garage dwarfs my shed! hahaha Sweet set up and sweet JK! TJ looks good too!

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO

image.jpg
Love the big Trump 2020 banner!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The Ram Rebel is a SWEET truck. It's absolutely beautiful inside and out. The designer needs a pay raise. It's also got the perfect combo of tech and off-road goodies. And it's got a real payload and towing capacity. VERY nice truck...and I did inquire about those before the Gladiator.

But, what kept killing me is that the Ram trucks (or any full size truck for that matter) is predicted by the banks to lose massive value in the first 3 years. Yes, you can buy a nice Ram 1500 for the same money as the Jeep Gladiator...but 3 years down the road you've lost way more money in value than the Gladiator has. They're figuring 55% retained value on Ram vs. 75% on Gladiator. Ouch.

When I actually went truck shopping last week, it totally changed my mind about the pricing on Gladiator. This truck is going to be the best value in pickup trucks hands down.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
The Ram Rebel is a SWEET truck. It's absolutely beautiful inside and out. The designer needs a pay raise. It's also got the perfect combo of tech and off-road goodies. And it's got a real payload and towing capacity. VERY nice truck...and I did inquire about those before the Gladiator.

But, what kept killing me is that the Ram trucks (or any full size truck for that matter) is predicted by the banks to lose massive value in the first 3 years. Yes, you can buy a nice Ram 1500 for the same money as the Jeep Gladiator...but 3 years down the road you've lost way more money in value than the Gladiator has. They're figuring 55% retained value on Ram vs. 75% on Gladiator. Ouch.

When I actually went truck shopping last week, it totally changed my mind about the pricing on Gladiator. This truck is going to be the best value in pickup trucks hands down.
Most vehicles lose around 1/2 value in 3 yrs

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
This is true, I work for Subaru which is known for resale value. The average residual percentages for our cars range from 55-65% over 3 years.
I sold my Subaru for over 50% what I paid brand new. It was 10 years old and had 140,000 miles on it. Paid 32,000 sold it for 12,000.

I agree it held it's value.
Sponsored