First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Ironworker
So just got my 2020 gladiator overland model. I’m currently wanting to set it up as a go anywhere with the wife and dogs overland rig. Currently stuck between the 35’s and 37’s look but don’t know which will be best for me. I live in the pnw Oregon to be specific. Don’t plan on rock crawling all that much but want to be able to conquer what comes at me. However I know the extra weight and mass will kill my mpg and basic maintenance on other parts. If I go 37’s I plan to redhead as well to regain power and mpg. But Is it worth the 37’s and 3.5 lift and re gearing or is it better to go mopar 2” and stay with 35’s? Also is this a decent 3.5” lift kit or will I regret this one in the long run?

CF7B4350-6F17-41E7-B35B-4978ACA70303.png
Sponsored

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
Don't do anything to it, drive it stock on and off road for the first few months, you will be amazed how capable it is stock.

Air down, unhook the front sway bars and go!

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
Then, based on how you use it, the mods you NEED will become clear.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
RC is bottom of the barrel in my experience and that goes beyond Jeeps (NOTE: not trying to sound like some Jeep snob); poor fitment/alignment, cheap hardware and if you sneeze on RC stuff it starts to rust. Just remember, cheap is cheap for a reason. NOW I also understand we're all working on the budget, so maybe wait a bit longer and get better stuff. At the end of the day, those parts vital to being safe; not only for you, but your passengers and others on the road.

I think 35s is your best bet, otherwise, Yes you'll want to regear and thats not a cheap upgrade. A good driver can pretty much get anyplace on 35s. Plus 35s will not kill your MPGs to bad

MoxiesDad

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2014 Jeep Patriot
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
It's called Rough Country for a reason, stay away from it.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
There's lots of good reading in this forum to answer most of your questions. Use the search feature. What works for someone else won't necessarily work for you.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
It depends on how much you are willing to spend. The Mopar lift would be the minimum, quality and price wise. Other quality lifts will cost more. I'm partial to Clayton and feel like they give you the best bang for the buck. If you go with the Mopar lift, you're stuck with 35s. And that will work well for you. The only caveat is you might have that nagging feeling you should have gone with 37s. And they do look great on 37s.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
If you are handy with a wrench, just put together your own lift using the mopar coils, bump stops, control arms and sway bar links. I think I was able to price that out under 400 bucks and it will give an overland 3+ inches of lift. Take the money saved and buy some fox 2.0's shocks and some adjustable upper arms and for ~1200 bucks have a way better lift kit than the rough country will give you.

Also with the mopar lift you can go 37's, the 2 inches is based on the rubicon so you'll get 3 inches and be able to fit 37's with the appropriate bump stops.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
It depends on how much you are willing to spend. The Mopar lift would be the minimum, quality and price wise. Other quality lifts will cost more. I'm partial to Clayton and feel like they give you the best bang for the buck. If you go with the Mopar lift, you're stuck with 35s. And that will work well for you. The only caveat is you might have that nagging feeling you should have gone with 37s. And they do look great on 37s.
I have seen Gladiators with the Mopar lift on 33's, but it's like that they are waiting on 35's.

WheelerGal

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired Army
I went with 285/70’s = 34.1” and no lift. I can go anywhere I need. I get plenty of articulation I took the money I saved on the lift and put it into skid plates. If your not crawling you don’t need to go vertical.

Sponsored

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Ahhhh good ole "Rough Riding Country",yeah I've had only of their kits and welp all I got to say is that you get for what you pay for,don't be that guy rocking a rough country kit, just get like a Mopar lift kit or even like I'm about to do a metalcloak 2.5 kit I know they're got good stuff from seeing and handling their products in hand and also from my dad's experience hes had good luck with them

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
honestly if you want something basic and functional get a metalcloak 2.5 leveling kit maybe add a spacer in the rear or a 1.5 inch lift spring in the back and go with 35's add some 2.0 fox shocks and bam you got a solid little setup
but stock is still capable and from my personal experience in my previous gasser JTR i was keeping up with jk's on 35's and 37's in some mild trails you just dont have to get scared on bumping up on hills with rocks and scraping your frame and whatnot but at the time i had skidplates so that gave me peace in mind,and at the time i only had some black rhino wheels and my powertank&rope and that was enough for me at the time
But i would recommend a nice bumper and winch so that if you want to go wheeling with some buddies or being by yourself,you can pull yourself and others :D but i'd honestly get what i mentioned about keeping it stock and adding skidplates and getting yourself a recovery rope and a winch and since you do have overland some quick front swaybar disconnects will come in handy too

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver