To Max Tow, or not? Looking for advice

Robtco99

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 wrangler, 01 cherokee
Definitely get Max tow if not getting a Rubicon/Mojave. One thing to watch out for the early Max Tow didn't come with trak lock/limited slip it was a $995 option then. I think sometime mid 2020 the trak lock was included and the price was raised to $1295/1495
Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Sport S with Max Tow here too. My last two Jeeps before this were a 2008 JKUR, and a JLUR(stick). The Max toe with the 4.10's outperforms my last two by far. Had to bump to 5.13's on my JKU. I do not feel the need right now. All 3 are on 35's. I also like the 8 speed auto better than I liked the 6 speed manual in the JLU. Just don't do a leveling kit if you plan to off-road. You'll need a mild lift. I have a leveling kit and front tires rub when I'm on the beach and that's not putting it through anything.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Something other than the diesel has the cast knuckles. I’m pretty sure it is Mojave. I thought max tow got them , too.
Just Mojave and diesel have the iron knuckles.

Acano363

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Max Tow here with 3.5 lift, 38's, limited slip, and stock gearing. I have done several of the well known wheeling spots in UTAH/AZ and put simply, this build has taken me anywhere I want to go. In 2 years of ownership I have not missed the lockers. Examples: I've followed two Wrangler's exact wheeling lines at Moab Utah's Hell's Revenge and done steep rock climbs in Sedona, AZ's Broken Arrow. There are some challenging paved roads with steep grades near me in AZ/California and I am glad that with the MT I don't have to worry as much, if at all, about overheating. With the money I saved in comparison to other trims I had in my list, I spent that on the lift and wheels. For me it has been worth it.

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Yes, absolutely max tow. Not getting it was my biggest mistake in purchasing. This package is hands down the best value you can get from the factory.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely get Max tow if not getting a Rubicon/Mojave. One thing to watch out for the early Max Tow didn't come with trak lock/limited slip it was a $995 option then. I think sometime mid 2020 the trak lock was included and the price was raised to $1295/1495
The late 2020 got the Trac-Loc as standard in Max-Tow, I'm of the lacking Trac-Loc Max-Tow crew. :headbang: I've had great experience with Trac-Loc in 3 different Jeeps. Depending on how things go I'll hopefully get a set of lockers for my JT. If I had the Trac-Loc I'd be happy with that then a front locker. Road manners in my XJ's and LJ never been a problem.
Sponsored