Sponsored

Toledo, OH - Underspray

UTRocky

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rocky
Joined
Jan 15, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
184
Reaction score
125
Location
Toledo, OH
Vehicle(s)
'23 Jeep Gladiator JT - Willy
Anyone go to Ziebart in Toledo and use them for under-spray on Glad? I have a 2023 Willys and i went underneath this past weekend while washing it, and I have a tiny bit of rust - that I can get off - so its time since I want this rig to last lifetime and in Great Lakes weeeee.

$650 was estimate and then come back yearly and its currently $50 a year but may go up a little due to inflation. If you recommend a different place let me know / https://www.ziebart.com/
Sponsored

 

Bandit’s Lair

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Jul 9, 2025
Threads
46
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
7,202
Location
Southern California
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
There’s a few DIY products that could fit your situation for less. I’d personally go that route for an under spray. It doesn’t have to be pretty it just has to be covered.
 
OP
OP
UTRocky

UTRocky

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rocky
Joined
Jan 15, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
184
Reaction score
125
Location
Toledo, OH
Vehicle(s)
'23 Jeep Gladiator JT - Willy
There’s a few DIY products that could fit your situation for less. I’d personally go that route for an under spray. It doesn’t have to be pretty it just has to be covered.
I want to do this, I just currently dont have the tools/location/area to do it. - Im young and without kids so $ to waste and goal is to yes learn to do this. like I will eventually be doing this not going to always to go this place forever. =P Buying tools and watching youtubes as we go.
 

Bandit’s Lair

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Jul 9, 2025
Threads
46
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
7,202
Location
Southern California
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I want to do this, I just currently dont have the tools/location/area to do it. - Im young and without kids so $ to waste and goal is to yes learn to do this. like I will eventually be doing this not going to always to go this place forever. =P Buying tools and watching youtubes as we go.
Gottcha. In that case yeah let someone do the first coat and do the touch ups yourself. Mimic their work over time and you’ll be as professional as they are eventually.
 
OP
OP
UTRocky

UTRocky

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rocky
Joined
Jan 15, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
184
Reaction score
125
Location
Toledo, OH
Vehicle(s)
'23 Jeep Gladiator JT - Willy
Aye, that is the plan, think $650 sounds good?
 

Sponsored

Zephyr

Well-Known Member
First Name
Nick
Joined
May 21, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
45
Reaction score
10
Location
Rhode Island
Vehicle(s)
Mohave
Occupation
Government
Just a thought: 1 plastic put spray 2 gal jug from Home Depot (like those used for spraying weed killer) $19, blue plastic tarp 10x10 $12, Goggles - $10. 1 Gal of lanolin $40-$50 + 1/2 on your back & laundry your work clothes. You can easily store & reuse multiple times. If money is a concern, this is the best alternative. Just sayin
 

Wheelin98TJ

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ryan
Joined
Jul 27, 2021
Threads
14
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
4,601
Location
Devils Lake, MI
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
There is a guy in Blissfield that advertises wool wax undercoating. On the east end of town.

Don't know the cost, but he's usually very reasonable with prices. Might be worth the 20 minute drive.

Hy-Test Autoworks
517-682-1510
 
Last edited:

Bearpaw

Active Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
29
Reaction score
44
Location
southeast
Vehicle(s)
2016 gladiator
Occupation
carpenter
Just do it yourself. There are no special tools required. Fluid film can also come in black or clear takes about 4-6 cans to do the underside and wheel wells. Just touch it up about 1 time a year.
fluid film runs about 12.00 per can
Check out their website
 

Sponsored

OP
OP
UTRocky

UTRocky

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rocky
Joined
Jan 15, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
184
Reaction score
125
Location
Toledo, OH
Vehicle(s)
'23 Jeep Gladiator JT - Willy
Well I googled, so maybe I should go with a KROWN Service looks like under $200 bucks?
 

Jrgunn5150

Well-Known Member
First Name
J.R.
Joined
May 15, 2024
Threads
12
Messages
1,661
Reaction score
3,586
Location
Ionia Mi
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Well I googled, so maybe I should go with a KROWN Service looks like under $200 bucks?
It's all the same, lanolin oil, parafin wax.

People swear by this, that, the other... It all works, keep the air out, no chance for rust.
 

Rusty PW

Well-Known Member
First Name
Russ
Joined
Jan 10, 2022
Threads
38
Messages
12,037
Reaction score
32,124
Location
Fayette Nam, Pennsyltucky
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Last 3 trucks I had done by Ziebart. Just the undercoat, not the full rust protection. I took my JT back once. They resprayed the whole underside of it. Thought they would only do a touch up. I don’t want 3" thick undercoating after a few years. I'll take it back in when I think it needs a touch up.

I sprayed inside of the frame with 3M Body Cavity Wax. And I sprayed between some body panels too. Got the wax from Amazon. Need about 8 cans to do a good job. Also the different length spray tips.
 

Bandit’s Lair

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Jul 9, 2025
Threads
46
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
7,202
Location
Southern California
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Last 3 trucks I had done by Ziebart. Just the undercoat, not the full rust protection. I took my JT back once. They resprayed the whole underside of it. Thought they would only do a touch up. I don’t want 3" thick undercoating after a few years. I'll take it back in when I think it needs a touch up.

I sprayed inside of the frame with 3M Body Cavity Wax. And I sprayed between some body panels too. Got the wax from Amazon. Need about 8 cans to do a good job. Also the different length spray tips.
It just feels odd reading Body Cavity Wax from Amazon around this group. šŸ˜‚
 

Rusty PW

Well-Known Member
First Name
Russ
Joined
Jan 10, 2022
Threads
38
Messages
12,037
Reaction score
32,124
Location
Fayette Nam, Pennsyltucky
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
 







Top