Sponsored

Tonneau Cover Photos and Fit, I need help making a choice.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Anybody know much about “Lund” brand?
I’ve also seen lots of posts about Chevy Colorado covers fitting but most are stating 2018 models.
Here’s why I ask....
Went to the local farm and home store after finding out the carry “Hi-Lift” brand jacks for $70 (cheapest price I’ve found) and noticed the sign saying they are clearancing out bed covers.
Will the 5’ one for the 2014 Colorado fit and is $230a good price/deal on a Lund cover or are they not very good covers?
Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Photos and Fit, I need help making a choice. B7C52D19-ECA0-4F14-A807-31816F96B78F
Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I swapped out the OEM soft rolling cover for an Rugged Ridge Rolling Hard Cover Tonneau . I really like the OEM soft rolling cover a lot. The look and waterproofness has impressed me. After installing the Rugged Ridge Armis Rolling Hard Cover, I was not happy with the initial kit. Seems like Rugged Ridge is just trying to apply a standard product line to the JT without any customization. During my initial install the POS weatherstripping went all over the place - Plus the instructions really suck! Please employ someone with a freakin’ camera to take pics of each step. If you buy this Tonneau Immediately throw away the crappy weather stripping and buy d-seal weather stripping. Also, recognize the hard portion of the tonneau is tapered. It is 53+ inches near the cab and 52+ inches near the tailgate. It would have been nice if they mentioned that in w directions. Could have saved me a bunch of time figuring it out. My initial set up (trying to maintain equal distances) did not work. Would not let the end “lock” - then I measured a few spots on the tonneau to determine it was tapered.

This is a great idea with piss-poor implementation. There are so many things RR could have done to make this a true “JT” design. My guess is they are saving a buck by making similar parts to another truck bed out there and rushed to market with the cover. I’m curious is the part number I purchased is used for other trucks. Sad.

UPDATED:
I have calmed down a bit since the above post. I was a bit upset with the fit and instructions. Since, then I am happy with the tonneau. It looks really good. I do get a little water every now and then, but nothing that has caused me grief. In fact on the way back from the beach yesterday, we put a bag of groceries in a Paper bag in the bed and hit a major downpour on way home. The paper bag was dry when we got home.

I do recommend replacing the foam seal with the D-seal material that I show on the post. It has been holding up well. I roll/unroll it multiple times a week ( I have to climb in the bed to snap the bottom seal in the channel for the soft top rear window).

The kit I bought had the brackets for 'No trail rail' and hardware for the Trail Rail. I have the BuiltRight trail rail and mine mounted fine (after figuring out the taper). The velcro seems fine too.

My only "want" would be for the bed side channels to have a slot to accept Yakima style cross rails. I would like to be able to use cross rails with the tonneau cover closed.

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Photos and Fit, I need help making a choice. B7C52D19-ECA0-4F14-A807-31816F96B78F

ddubb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Sting Gray & 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU
I'm using the Access LiteRider, mainly because when I got my Gladiator it was the only set up I could find that worked with a bed rack setup. There still aren't alot of great combinations that work perfectly together. I'd love a hard tonneau, but so far this cover works well, stays pretty dry for the most part.

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I swapped out the OEM soft rolling cover for an Rugged Ridge Rolling Hard Cover Tonneau . I really like the OEM soft rolling cover a lot. The look and waterproofness has impressed me. After installing the Rugged Ridge Armis Rolling Hard Cover, I was not happy with the initial kit. Seems like Rugged Ridge is just trying to apply a standard product line to the JT without any customization. During my initial install the POS weatherstripping went all over the place - Plus the instructions really suck! Please employ someone with a freakin’ camera to take pics of each step. If you buy this Tonneau Immediately throw away the crappy weather stripping and buy d-seal weather stripping. Also, recognize the hard portion of the tonneau is tapered. It is 53+ inches near the cab and 52+ inches near the tailgate. It would have been nice if they mentioned that in w directions. Could have saved me a bunch of time figuring it out. My initial set up (trying to maintain equal distances) did not work. Would not let the end “lock” - then I measured a few spots on the tonneau to determine it was tapered.

This is a great idea with piss-poor implementation. There are so many things RR could have done to make this a true “JT” design. My guess is they are saving a buck by making similar parts to another truck bed out there and rushed to market with the cover. I’m curious is the part number I purchased is used for other trucks. Sad.

UPDATED:
I have calmed down a bit since the above post. I was a bit upset with the fit and instructions. Since, then I am happy with the tonneau. It looks really good. I do get a little water every now and then, but nothing that has caused me grief. In fact on the way back from the beach yesterday, we put a bag of groceries in a Paper bag in the bed and hit a major downpour on way home. The paper bag was dry when we got home.

I do recommend replacing the foam seal with the D-seal material that I show on the post. It has been holding up well. I roll/unroll it multiple times a week ( I have to climb in the bed to snap the bottom seal in the channel for the soft top rear window).

The kit I bought had the brackets for 'No trail rail' and hardware for the Trail Rail. I have the BuiltRight trail rail and mine mounted fine (after figuring out the taper). The velcro seems fine too.

My only "want" would be for the bed side channels to have a slot to accept Yakima style cross rails. I would like to be able to use cross rails with the tonneau cover closed.

C53E9D29-7EC8-4E9F-9DA6-3427D393BAE8.jpeg

877E3C50-0B3D-4B6B-B249-7D9219E214B7.jpeg

515FACFF-C979-40B6-AC02-ABEDDA299F80.jpeg

BF43D5FF-EE1A-444F-95BB-6B78D7442D77.jpeg

09A9BA5D-1DFB-4CD3-98ED-F7B42B122E27.jpeg
That looks alot like the Truxedo I had. I finally gave up on it. Went to the Trifold. That is a whole new ball game. You could have a dance party on that thing. It mounts super secure.

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
Rugged ridge hard trifold here. Security and low profile are big benefits. We have taken some overnight road trips and never felt nervous about stuff in the bed, and not a drop of water gets in during storms. Flips up nice when you need it too also.

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Photos and Fit, I need help making a choice. IMG_5578
This.

Sponsored

Microday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Gladiator Mojave
Another Tyger here, almost a month of ownership and still deciding the final direction for my cover. After reading all the positive reviews on the Tyger top I purchased over the weekend and installed tonight as an interim solution. Overall very impressed with the top based on the price point. I have only owned the trifold hard covers so my expectations may have been low on the soft cover. Very easy to install and aligning was no issue. I expect the material to relax from shipping after a few hours in the sun.

For under $200 I should have purchased weeks ago.

3C2D6AFE-CEA9-439C-8D46-23F87D97AE12.jpeg

4AD5CA70-436F-4ED2-AD93-FEA96EADD43C.jpeg

dickpasman

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Occupation
retired
I bought American made soft trifold by Gator. Fits well and not too pricey.

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
Absolute best $900 and some change on Amazon, comes highly recommended by all the pro truck stores and I’ve had one for six years on my Sierra. Fitment oh my gladiator is perfect I love it
Hard cover Ultraflex by Undercover

4FDEA403-6F0A-4AEF-B995-F6BEE55A0C00.jpeg

Trekkor2020

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I went with the Rugged Ridge hard trifold. It was about $680. And seems to be well made. It is easy to install, fits very well, even with the bed rail system. I wish it could flip up the 3rd panel but it is easy to remove. Haven’t had any water leaks even when at the car wash.

A266E35C-B626-4A15-B4FE-7B237CD2B852.jpeg

3F3B2735-932B-47FF-B72A-58533A261EAE.jpeg

3CEE8FF3-C553-4D66-AA17-CFD49F6140D8.jpeg

6417CEFA-F5B1-4EC8-B2FD-A7F4CC81079F.jpeg

66B1B10F-85FD-4F17-B812-570CA9D9D34E.jpeg

9F47D206-6E88-4EFB-8DCD-E08D5F26334D.jpeg

09FEBEF2-52FB-4A88-BC60-739A6CF692F0.jpeg

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Rugged Ridge Trifold comes in a big box that says made in the USA. It has struts to prop ip the third panel and even a cool warning sticker that says not to prop it up if your jeep top is off.

Sponsored

Trekkor2020

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I went with the Rugged Ridge hard trifold. It was about $680. And seems to be well made. It is easy to install, fits very well, even with the bed rail system. I wish it could flip up the 3rd panel but it is easy to remove. Haven’t had any water leaks even when at the car wash.

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Photos and Fit, I need help making a choice. 09FEBEF2-52FB-4A88-BC60-739A6CF692F0

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Photos and Fit, I need help making a choice. 09FEBEF2-52FB-4A88-BC60-739A6CF692F0

Sorry, I meant Rough Country, not Rugged Ridge. I need to read my own post better!

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer

UPDATED:

C53E9D29-7EC8-4E9F-9DA6-3427D393BAE8.jpeg

877E3C50-0B3D-4B6B-B249-7D9219E214B7.jpeg

515FACFF-C979-40B6-AC02-ABEDDA299F80.jpeg

BF43D5FF-EE1A-444F-95BB-6B78D7442D77.jpeg

09A9BA5D-1DFB-4CD3-98ED-F7B42B122E27.jpeg
Thank you for this. I just ordered mine yesterday and it should be here by Thursday.

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
did those Brackets come with it? I just bought a used Tonneau, and it has those exact latches... I can't get it to latch with my utility rails.