First Name
Wai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Hi all, my first post... I'm really green at this so please bare with me. I apologize if this topic is already been touched. I've glanced through some of the postings but there seems to be so much information to gather for what I am describing below.

I'm a simple person so I'll start simple with my 21 Gladiator. Mine doesn't come with the trail rail so I'd like to add that first thing along with a tonneau cover. A hard cover is my preference.

In the near future, I want to be able to add a simple rack system. Maybe just a simple set cross bars (maybe the Mopar cross-bars for the trail rails) or maybe even a low rack to put on top of the truck bed. My biggest intial concern is whether the tonneau cover (any brand or style I end up getting) will interfere with the installation of either the cross bars or the rack.

Any insight from those who have toyed with this kind of setup? To start out, is the Mopar hard tonneau cover the way to go? Money-wise, performance-wise and quality-wise? Then, what do you think I should do with the bars/rack add-on later?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t say for certain that this will work with any of the Mopar covers, but I have a Bakflip mx4 tonneau, installed along with the Elevate TS rails from truck hero. Gives you a t slot on the bed rails that you can get racks from Yakima, or simple cross bars from almost any company. I went with Frontrunner load bars.

Truck Hero Elevate TS Rails | 1118414 | Fits Jeep Gladiator (50" Rail Length) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083GN94D...abc_HDNGH3CX0RHCRAYEGRTA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

LBSK016 Roof Load Bar Pair 1425mm(W) - by Front Runner

LASS028 Pickup Roll Top/Top Mount Leg - by Front Runner

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau cover, rail and rack combo EDD5E369-A903-473D-8908-701EA54FBA67
Jeep Gladiator Tonneau cover, rail and rack combo A2AD5E2B-190E-417A-B7F0-B0EA645E5525
Jeep Gladiator Tonneau cover, rail and rack combo D968DCDB-A6A8-41F4-A930-EA280D8EEC3E

OP
OP

Chanwmr

First Name
Wai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
HjStrater,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I have been doing a lot of searching and researching looking at different options. I just cannot decide at this time between having a flush cover but with the rack rails exposed (like yours but I like the t-slots) or having a cover sticking above the bed while making use of the trail rails and/or their mounting holes (like the BillieBars). So far, it looks like I can't have it both ways -- flush cover and no rack mount above the edges of the bed.

Any other idea? Anyone else?

Thanks

Sponsored

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
Interesting! I already have the x4, but had been holding off hearing they would be making a rack specific for it. How well does the mount fit under the x4 rails?

Rick Sanchez

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Living the dream
I can’t say for certain that this will work with any of the Mopar covers, but I have a Bakflip mx4 tonneau, installed along with the Elevate TS rails from truck hero. Gives you a t slot on the bed rails that you can get racks from Yakima, or simple cross bars from almost any company. I went with Frontrunner load bars.

Truck Hero Elevate TS Rails | 1118414 | Fits Jeep Gladiator (50" Rail Length) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083GN94D...abc_HDNGH3CX0RHCRAYEGRTA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau cover, rail and rack combo E9F61B78-F0B1-4805-8480-F467108B3E95
Jeep Gladiator Tonneau cover, rail and rack combo E9F61B78-F0B1-4805-8480-F467108B3E95
thank you this is exactly what I have been searching for a long time to see if I could do this with still keeping my mx4! do you know of compatible load bars that are elevated and sit up higher? looking to get a condor xl RTT and I believe I need more clearance than what you have.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Depending on how much you want to spend and the type of cover you'd prefer, you could go with a TruckCovers USA solution. That gets you a hard retractable cover with rails that let you mount Yakima SkyLine Towers + HD bars. I'm very happy with mine - the build quality and fitment of the cover was perfect. Only downside (maybe) is that the crossbars only sit about 4" above the cover, so whatever you mount basically blocks the rearview mirror. Upside is, if you mount a tent (like I did), the tent basically sits flush with the roof and doesn't hit against the wind.

AverageDad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
VP of Operations

I like your setup. How much clearance between your cover and rails? Will the Bak Revolver roll up under it?

Sponsored

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
I like your setup. How much clearance between your cover and rails? Will the Bak Revolver roll up under it?
Can’t say for certain as I’ve never seen one in person but the load bars only sit about 6” above the tonneau, plus an inch of clearance after you roll past the first bar.

I would think you could get it at least half way back.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Interesting! I already have the x4, but had been holding off hearing they would be making a rack specific for it. How well does the mount fit under the x4 rails?
They are still making mounting brackets for the X4 rails, it's just taken longer than we both expected with shipping delays. I'm hoping to get my rack and brackets in the next week or two to test fit for them.