First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Past: 76' CJ-7, 2013 GC Altitude 5.7, 87 Wrangler
Occupation
Horribly underpaid government worker
I live in an area that doesn’t get much rain but is pretty dusty. Is there harm in leaving the top and doors off for long periods of time and always being parked outdoors (no garage)? I do have a cover for the occasional, rare storm, but will the Jeep be harmed by potential dust and sunlight from always being outside? Sorry if this is an amateur question!
I don't work for the company but I bought the Full Sun Shade from https://www.jtopsusa.com/ and it is really well made. You can keep it on under your hardtop or softop also. Keeps the sun off of the top of your head and the bird poop too!
Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
It's a Jeep. Sun bleaching and dirt everywhere is a badge of honor.

fyrefight

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiaor Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Utility Operator
Perfect, that’s what I figured. I’m near Lubbock so similar climate.
As am I. After that last "haboob" (wall of dirt in a storm gust front) I had to do some serious cleaning. West Tx wind is no joke.

Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
You mean dust/dirt like this ? This was with 300 miles on the clock. Just be prepared to clean.....clean ....clean.

Was in Moab last week and Gladis was a completely different color. Clean ....clean ...clean.

C4E9023F-41B4-4FD3-8320-32953292FBAF.jpeg

OP
OP

Geauxcrush

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Basketball Coach
Nice! I’m the head girls soccer coach at Coronado El Paso, I’ll be in Midland in a few hours with the boys team for their area playoff game tomorrow.
Small world! Hope your playoff game went well. We lost our bi-district game this year in OT.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
The wife runs with the top off all summer. Only thing i really see that faded are the covers for the roll cage. 14 JK Sahara with leather seats.

Renoraines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Mojave
Occupation
Oil and gas.
Nice! Any good areas to ride near you that would also be close-ish for me?
There is, although I’m rusty as I haven’t played out here in a decade or so. Hopefully in a week or so I’ll have some solid leads for you. I don’t remember which were public or private, I was a land surveyor in the oilfield out here a decade ago.

Got a few spots picked out to go check out on some day trips. I’ll keep ya posted with what I find.

Worth a day trip to head out to Las Cruces for you and take off from Red Hawk Golf Course up in to the Dona Ana’s and finish at Red Hawk w a cold beer if you haven’t checked it out yet. Used to live there and could take the UTV from the house to the trails. Miss the snot out of it. Never mind on Red Hawk, Was thinking you were in Tula Rosa NM for some idiotic reason.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
How big is your yard / drive? Could just put up one of those cheap tin car port things and park under that to keep the sun off.

OP
OP

Geauxcrush

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Basketball Coach
How big is your yard / drive? Could just put up one of those cheap tin car port things and park under that to keep the sun off.
Not enough room unfortunately. I am going to get mesh shades for the top and rear which I think will at least help a little

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
There is, although I’m rusty as I haven’t played out here in a decade or so. Hopefully in a week or so I’ll have some solid leads for you. I don’t remember which were public or private, I was a land surveyor in the oilfield out here a decade ago.

Got a few spots picked out to go check out on some day trips. I’ll keep ya posted with what I find.

Worth a day trip to head out to Las Cruces for you and take off from Red Hawk Golf Course up in to the Dona Ana’s and finish at Red Hawk w a cold beer if you haven’t checked it out yet. Used to live there and could take the UTV from the house to the trails. Miss the snot out of it.
Let me know, I'm a 45 minute drive from Dona Ana and frequently lead trail runs out there.

TurboCopter

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I’m in El Paso, short answer no, long answer be prepared to clean a lot though. I’ve got a wet-dry vac at the house and it sees a lot of use...
I’m in Horizon and the wind/dust would definitely stop me from leaving my top and doors off. That’s the number one reason for the premium soft top. Safe travels my friend.
Sponsored