Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

BabblingBafoon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales Management
Just installed my Datin Fabrication canopy rack yesterday. The quality is pretty good and it seems very sturdy. I believe I’m the first to have a rack installed over top of a Softopper on the Gladiator. Should make for a very usable space

87ED2DCD-F2E4-4EAE-A393-21D3AD4E40C5.jpeg

673257A1-1465-4AF6-B661-EFA48B1D3060.jpeg

D09969A0-D76A-4286-B968-C495DBAC6C94.jpeg

71E3BF53-5FCB-454E-B6F9-4243304F512B.jpeg

FA680462-D961-4C1C-AC4C-CAD783CE213F.jpeg

0D2FE4DB-402A-46E3-B0CE-A21142FA102D.jpeg

9987B337-94C8-4284-BE56-F95CCF78EA1E.jpeg
This looks AWESOME, and just what I want!

I went to the website for this and clicked on the "JEEP GLADIATOR CANVAS CAGE BED RACK", as it is the only option I saw on their site for the Jeep Gladiator. What isn't clear to me is if it actually comes with the soft top or if that is separate?

Also, how weather tight do you think the soft top is? Mostly worried about rain.
Sponsored

WildCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Galdiator
perfect.. i just sent Softopper an email asking if they had recommendations of rack that was compatible. Curious if it rubs on the Softopper and if you can put the top down with the rack up. @ Tim, i've had the Softopper on my Gladiator end of June made trip to CO from KS on highway minimal noise and no leakage in rain storm(s). The folks at Softopper have been awesome.

BabblingBafoon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Management
perfect.. i just sent Softopper an email asking if they had recommendations of rack that was compatible. Curious if it rubs on the Softopper and if you can put the top down with the rack up. @ Tim, i've had the Softopper on my Gladiator end of June made trip to CO from KS on highway minimal noise and no leakage in rain storm(s). The folks at Softopper have been awesome.
This is a great question I hadn't thought about! @GreenZJ can you let us know if you are able to collapse the soft top with the rack in place?

I have since realized that the soft top is a separate purchase from Softopper.

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
This is a great question I hadn't thought about! @GreenZJ can you let us know if you are able to collapse the soft top with the rack in place?

I have since realized that the soft top is a separate purchase from Softopper.
If you were to remove the rear most rail you could potentially fold it down. It doesn’t readily fold however

BabblingBafoon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Management
If you were to remove the rear most rail you could potentially fold it down. It doesn’t readily fold however
Oof, bummer. How difficult is it to remove the rails once installed? Is it simply a matter of some bolts/wrenches and like 30 mins? Or is it a more involved affair?

One of the things that seems most attractive to me about the Softopper is that you can fold it away like a tonneau cover.

The rail system intrigued me around the ability to mount things on the sides and above, including a roof tent, so the rails also have their benefits.

The two together look tough, but I’d hate to lose functionality of the Softopper.

Sponsored

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Oof, bummer. How difficult is it to remove the rails once installed? Is it simply a matter of some bolts/wrenches and like 30 mins? Or is it a more involved affair?

One of the things that seems most attractive to me about the Softopper is that you can fold it away like a tonneau cover.

The rail system intrigued me around the ability to mount things on the sides and above, including a roof tent, so the rails also have their benefits.

The two together look tough, but I’d hate to lose functionality of the Softopper.
It’s only 4 bolts. Wouldn’t take long at all

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
That's brilliant! Add a heater and you gotta hot tub! Or a birthing tub?

Sponsored

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
it is color matched - they did a really good job - thanks for your comments!!
Did you have RLD color match it or take it to a shop? I’ve got a Gobi Rubi myself about to pull the trigger on the RLD and like your color match vs getting all black. Have you added any cupboards? Weight okay on the standard Rubi fox shocks or have you had to do some mods? Thanks!

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Did you have RLD color match it or take it to a shop? I’ve got a Gobi Rubi myself about to pull the trigger on the RLD and like your color match vs getting all black. Have you added any cupboards? Weight okay on the standard Rubi fox shocks or have you had to do some mods? Thanks!
RLD color matched it - they did a great job!

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
RLD color matched it - they did a great job!
and no cupboards, the weight is ok on the standard Rubi shocks, but once I added a RTT and gear, the shocks were way too soft - added Falcon adjustable so I can ramp them up with the added weight and dial back down once I take the RTT off. I also added Airlift 1000 air bags to minimize the sag

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
and no cupboards, the weight is ok on the standard Rubi shocks, but once I added a RTT and gear, the shocks were way too soft - added Falcon adjustable so I can ramp them up with the added weight and dial back down once I take the RTT off. I also added Airlift 1000 air bags to minimize the sag
I’ve heard that 2x now talking with other guys with the RTT and RLD. The airlift is hilarious. Looked at the website on how to install and pump up. With a connection in the gas tank or out the back. I thought maybe I’d do a 60lb rack and the Decked system. But that Decked is 203lbs alone! RLD is only 175lbs. So seems I’ll need some falcon shocks and a might as week get a lift if getting those. Thanks man!
Sponsored