Sponsored

Tow package on a Mojave, is it worth it?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Curious to know how those ram springs work out. I have the Mopar 2inch lift and it is great but the springs are soft and I get a lot of sag even when towing a light trailer.
My chosen shop developed a semi custom method for people that want a rock crawler/overland rig that has good articulation and still keeps the rake and bed load/tongue weight capacity. It goes into the shop on the 22nd and I should have the results by the following week. I’ll happily share my results. I’m pretty confident that it’s going to work out very well. The shop specializes in capable vehicles that are still safe daily drivers. These springs are part of a build including a 3.5” JKS lift with Fox 2.0. I could have done 2.5, but something had to give with the budget. :) I’ll share before and after pictures when it’s done. Won’t likely tow with it until gears are broken in though. But I will almost certainly hook up the trailer to see how it levels out.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Curious to know how those ram springs work out. I have the Mopar 2inch lift and it is great but the springs are soft and I get a lot of sag even when towing a light trailer.
I have max tow springs under mine. My trailer is a bit under 5,000 pounds. Tongue weight was accurately measured using a scale at 520 pounds.
Mine has a lot of rake normally. When hooked up it sat level and I got almost everyone flashing high beams at me. The truck rode great, towed great, sat level but level meant the LED headlight cutoff was too high.
Not sure how max tow does it, really. I mean, I have max tow springs and the tongue weight was nothing near either payload capacity or tow capacity. Figure if they can tow 7,000 pounds and have a tongue weight of only 10%, that's 700 pounds - and that's 200 pounds more than I had and my truck with all that rake sat level! Anyone taking the rake out and then towing is going to be looking like they are 'coon hunting or from Georgia.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Ram springs - aren't those heavier trucks? I'm wondering how stiff that ride will be and what shocks they put on it. The Rubicon fox shocks suck on the back of mine and it rides more like a truck just with the max tow springs.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ram springs - aren't those heavier trucks? I'm wondering how stiff that ride will be and what shocks they put on it. The Rubicon fox shocks suck on the back of mine and it rides more like a truck just with the max tow springs.
The ram springs will be stiffer than JKS rears, but on purpose for my uses. The fronts will be JKS as come with their 3.5” lift. The fox shocks are not the same 2.0’s that come from mopar with a stock rubicon. They’re tuned for the JKS lift, and are of course appropriate lengths for the lift. 2.5’s we’re an option, but would have added around 2k to an already insanely expensive build. Something had to give. I’m still very convinced this will handle better than stock. I will of course share the results in detail.

RazorbackRed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Mojave Gladiator
Getting ready to tow a 6x12 trailer cross- country....3500 lbs if I max it out. Do I need airbags for my stock Mojave with oem stock tow package? (not max tow)

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Getting ready to tow a 6x12 trailer cross- country....3500 lbs if I max it out. Do I need airbags for my stock Mojave with oem stock tow package? (not max tow)
Probably not.

Your tongue weight should be between about 350 and 500lbs.

it took 600lbs to drop me 3/4”.

3,500lbs is not very much.

RazorbackRed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Mojave Gladiator
Probably not.

Your tongue weight should be between about 350 and 500lbs.

it took 600lbs to drop me 3/4”.

3,500lbs is not very much.
Ok. Thanks. May not even hit the max...moving and just need to get some things to our new home that I don't want to go in the moving trailer.
Sponsored