Tow pkg ? Is it worth it?

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Redarc makes a wireless unit? I went to their web site and couldn't see it.
Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your right, the Redarc is not wireless. I was thinking of the Tekonsha Prodigy which is wireless.

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
If you'll really only need to tow this weight three times a year, maybe you'd be better off buying the Gladiator you really want and rent a bigger truck for the job? Or go more often for a lighter load?

Part of the reason the Max Tow package has the extra capacity is the smaller wheel/tires on the Sport. If you put Rubicon size (or bigger) tires on it, it will affect towing ability.

jdwhichard

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
nurse
Vehicle Showcase
yes get the tow package with 4.10s . well worth the money with the wide axles and extra cooling you will not regret it . just need a front locker and you have a cheap rubicon hopely someone will put out a lunchbox locker soon for our dana 44s 32 spline . i didnt realize that when i bought mine, i was just looking to replace my horses tow vehicle , f250 . 285 x 70 x 17 no rub at all , but with my goose neck fifth wheel that is about my max tow height . I might install 35s on 9 x17 rocktrix 5.5 backspacing when off roading . i dont know if the rear is higher with the max tow but i would put at least 1 inch front spacer on it . The front end looks like its taking a nose drive without any weight it the bed and it only squats only about one inch in the rear with a 6k trailer hooked up , but let me tell you cant feel the trailer at all driving down the road super stable great on cross winds
Sponsored