Tator

Tator

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
You can't not have sag when its loaded and not have rake when its unloaded unless you use something adjustable like bags.

Air them up when you tow, air them down when you aren't.

Of course we are talking ONLY about aesthetics. If you can live with a bit of sag in the back when the boat is on, it doesn't really make a difference in how it tows.

If you will be "maxing out the tow capacity", then a weight distributing hitch would probably help. You are in FL so its a safe bet you won't be towing over mountains, so you should be OK at close to rated tow weight.

Shocks have nothing to do with the height of the suspension.
Yeah I plan on investing in a good weight distributing hitch. I think that will definitely help
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I tow a boat that weighs about 3k on a trailer that weights 1.5k-2k. I recommend working trailer brakes (I did electric as my trailer never gets dunked.) I felt the boat pushed the truck around pretty good stopping otherwise. But I have some hills and bridges that can be steep.

I haven’t felt the load was off and needed a weight distributing hitch although my trailer is well balanced with most of the weight directly above both axles.

Power is totally lacking (Could be the MT.) Although i get a lot of windage from the trailer so I don’t go over 50mph with the gladiator. If I have to go more than 25 miles I borrow a full sized from one of the guys that races on my boat.
Jeep Gladiator towing boat 9FCBDC13-9DB3-4387-AAA2-D73443407EBC

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I tow a boat that weighs about 3k on a trailer that weights 1.5k-2k. I recommend working trailer brakes (I did electric as my trailer never gets dunked.) I felt the boat pushed the truck around pretty good stopping otherwise. But I have some hills and bridges that can be steep.

I haven’t felt the load was off and needed a weight distributing hitch although my trailer is well balanced with most of the weight directly above both axles.

Power is totally lacking (Could be the MT.) Although i get a lot of windage from the trailer so I don’t go over 50mph with the gladiator. If I have to go more than 25 miles I borrow a full sized from one of the guys that races on my boat.
Jeep Gladiator towing boat 9FCBDC13-9DB3-4387-AAA2-D73443407EBC
I’ve never seen the JT look so small in a picture lol. Nice freakin boat by the way.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Most boat trailers have surge brakes, they can be tricky to have work properly with a weight distributing hitch.

DesertGladiator

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I tow a 24' Bennington, whole setup on the trailer is over 30 feet and 5k pounds. When I switched over to a weight distribution hitch with sway control (spring bars) it changed everything. It feels like the trailer is part of the truck now, night and day difference.

OP
OP
Tator

Tator

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
I tow a 24' Bennington, whole setup on the trailer is over 30 feet and 5k pounds. When I switched over to a weight distribution hitch with sway control (spring bars) it changed everything. It feels like the trailer is part of the truck now, night and day difference.
Thank you for the info!

polarisTXguy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, F350, Boss 302, Mini, Ram1500
Occupation
Polaris Industires
No sag with Clayton 2.5 lift. Granted the boat isn’t that heavy

FBE2B793-75D1-4ACE-9F0C-18E0F51CA17E.jpeg