First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
I posted the same in the Tire section but no replies so thought I’d post in the general as well.

So I hit 5000 miles and decided to do a five tire rotation. All 5 have TMPS sensors in them, and the original 4 mounted had no issues. I did spare to RR, RR to RF, RF to LR, LR to LF and LF to spare as the usual 5 tire rotation goes. Drove around a bit so the sensors would update, and now the LF shows a dash and the rest register. However the “new tire” into the rotation is the RR. Any reasons why 1 of the first 4 that had no issues all of a sudden does? Am I missing something?? I was assuming as long as the sensors were active, the truck would determine where each tire/wheel was. But if the front left tire/wheel went to the spare and the locations didn’t update then that’s why that one is just dashes assume the spare was never activated. Again please help. Thanks!
Sponsored

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
I would guess it's because the original LF is now stationary and the truck isn't picking it up. Since the truck is only capable of reading four sensors, it may need to re learn each wheel. Maybe even with the (LF spare) away from the truck. One of my prior vehicles had re learn the TPMS by letting a little air out of each wheel one at a time while the switch was on. I'm sure the JT process is different but it should be similar.

Bipolarbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE on order
I just upgraded tires and put in new sensors today. They were less than $40 for 5 on ebay. 1 registered right away, 2 took about 10 miles and the last started reading after almost an hour of driving.

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
I just upgraded tires and put in new sensors today. They were less than $40 for 5 on ebay. 1 registered right away, 2 took about 10 miles and the last started reading after almost an hour of driving.
If this is the case, and I don’t dispute your findings, how does the factory ever get them set up on a new vehicle? Am I missing something?

OP
OP

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’ll be driving roughly 30 mins each way today, hopefully it will pick up the “spare” that is now on the truck. Never had an issue with my jk when rotating tires. Keep the ideas coming.

Sponsored

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I added a fifth wheel and tire from another gladiator to get rid of the steel spare and do a five tire rotation. Swapped the new one and the gladiator recognized the new TPMS right away and all 4 wheels read. I'm thinking you may want to check your LF sensor. You may have did something when you rotated tires. The sensor on the jeep not the one in the wheel.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
While its not being mentioned - My bet is the LF which is showing a dash - doesn't have a sensor / dead sensor. The other scenario's i.e. picking up the 5th wheel etc would still show a value. Head to the shop that mounted them - the snapon tool (matco which ever) can read them at the stem. - Not a lot of trouble shooting with these -

OP
OP

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
While its not being mentioned - My bet is the LF which is showing a dash - doesn't have a sensor / dead sensor. The other scenario's i.e. picking up the 5th wheel etc would still show a value. Head to the shop that mounted them - the snapon tool (matco which ever) can read them at the stem. - Not a lot of trouble shooting with these -
But the tire that is now in LF was on LR before the rotation and read fine. The only tire in question would be the spare as that was under the truck when I first mounted the new wheels/tires. Wonder if since 1 of the 4 had an issue then all 4 aren’t reading correct location, like they think they are were they were Before the change. If the sensor in the original spare was never activated and now mounted on 1 of the 4 locations it would throw off all of them.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
But the tire that is now in LF was on LR before the rotation and read fine. The only tire in question would be the spare as that was under the truck when I first mounted the new wheels/tires. Wonder if since 1 of the 4 had an issue then all 4 aren’t reading correct location, like they think they are were they were Before the change. If the sensor in the original spare was never activated and now mounted on 1 of the 4 locations it would throw off all of them.
First thing first - Your original spare does not have a TPMS Sensor - So depending on what you had mounted and if you didn't buy a 5th sensor - You have a gap. Virtual diagnosis insnt going to help - Need to take to svc dept and have it checked.

Daddycakes

First Name
Jamy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
I posted the same in the Tire section but no replies so thought I’d post in the general as well.

So I hit 5000 miles and decided to do a five tire rotation. All 5 have TMPS sensors in them, and the original 4 mounted had no issues. I did spare to RR, RR to RF, RF to LR, LR to LF and LF to spare as the usual 5 tire rotation goes. Drove around a bit so the sensors would update, and now the LF shows a dash and the rest register. However the “new tire” into the rotation is the RR. Any reasons why 1 of the first 4 that had no issues all of a sudden does? Am I missing something?? I was assuming as long as the sensors were active, the truck would determine where each tire/wheel was. But if the front left tire/wheel went to the spare and the locations didn’t update then that’s why that one is just dashes assume the spare was never activated. Again please help. Thanks!
Scan the 4 sensors on the ground with a tpms tool and then drive the Jeep up to 10 minutes and all 4 should start reading on the dash

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Scan the 4 sensors on the ground with a tpms tool and then drive the Jeep up to 10 minutes and all 4 should start reading on the dash
Thinking this is gonna be my best option, or at least first option. Would autozone or advance auto have one to use or will I need to buy it? And if so what and from where?

side note, the wheels/tires are aftermarket and all 5 have sensors installed in them.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking this is gonna be my best option, or at least first option. Would autozone or advance auto have one to use or will I need to buy it? And if so what and from where?

side note, the wheels/tires are aftermarket and all 5 have sensors installed in them.
If they are 5 aftermarket and all with sensors - I would go to that shop and have them validate the sensors - I don't think autozone / advanceauto would have the scan tool

Pointing out - with my new wheel tires - The shop installed a bad sensor - denied it. Took it up the chain and when mgr put a scanner on it - they replaced without further ado. But showed they never validated it worked after mount and balance.

Last edited:

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
Good morning everyone... i just bought a JT on tuesday, and everything has been great thus far (about to roll 100miles). I noticed my TPMS light was flashing this morning, so i scrolled though the command center screens and it shows the graphic of the vehicle and 4 tires... the front have red dashes (nothing registered) the rear are both 42psi. Will turning the vehicle off the vehicle or unplugging the battery reset this sensor fault? Id hate to think in under 100 miles i would have to go back to the dealership to have the vehicle flashed. Thanks,

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning everyone... i just bought a JT on tuesday, and everything has been great thus far (about to roll 100miles). I noticed my TPMS light was flashing this morning, so i scrolled though the command center screens and it shows the graphic of the vehicle and 4 tires... the front have red dashes (nothing registered) the rear are both 42psi. Will turning the vehicle off the vehicle or unplugging the battery reset this sensor fault? Id hate to think in under 100 miles i would have to go back to the dealership to have the vehicle flashed. Thanks,
Sounds like the pressure may be out of spec especially if the rears are at 42 psi - Put a pressure gauge on them and see if too hi / lo adjust. Take it for a ride. If nothing back to the dealer - doubt it would be a "flash" sensors may have been bad or pressure to high low - My tire pressures vary by upwards of 6 psi depending on morning temp and highway driving -

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
As mention in another thread about the "Selectable Tire Fill", the unique TPMS part 68464665AA is specific only to the Gladiator. Maybe(?) aftermarket TPMS could cause some glitches with the TPMS communicating with the Gladiator.
Sponsored