First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Makes me nervous just watching those guys, I don't think I could do that myself. Pretty awesome

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just don’t understand why someone would take a JT without lockers or proper skids on Pritchett. I’ll do it when everything’s done, but it’ll be over built for that day. Just one opinion.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Okay, gotta be really impressed with that glad. Watching it drive out under its own power, no lockers and no 4:1.

Im impressed!

Any idea as to it’s tire size and lift/details?

Aside from needing more bump stop and/or high clearance flares, it worked really well!

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
This video brings up the question of weight distribution for all the diesel JL and JT drivers and how if at all should we approach steeper inclines and declines differently.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
This video brings up the question of weight distribution for all the diesel JL and JT drivers and how if at all should we approach steeper inclines and declines differently.
It’s only about 300lbs heavier? (Not 100% sure)

I think the tow truck going backwards is a different animal altogether.

We dont have heavy rigging sticking up high in the air. I inferred from the video commentator’s statements, the tow truck likely has counter weights up front.

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I did some wheelin out in Moab last Oct. but it's not my primary focus these days. The JT is just a tool to travel long distance seeing cool stuff that requires 4x4 to escape the masses. No way I'd do that to my truck.

FYI.....I weighed front axles on my 20121 Ecodiesel JT vs a client's 2020 3.6 JT this week to decide which front springs to order for him. We dont have exact equal builds, but both have a fair amount of equipment installed.......Bumper, winch, steps, sliders, etc.....Mine was right at 3,300lb and his 3,000lb.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, gotta be really impressed with that glad. Watching it drive out under its own power, no lockers and no 4:1.

Im impressed!

Any idea as to it’s tire size and lift/details?

Aside from needing more bump stop and/or high clearance flares, it worked really well!
Can’t argue with that. Other than the roll. We don’t know if that happened as a result of being on a trail that was too much for that setup. If it was unable to get up a climb for example. 4:1 or lockers could have made the difference easily on a trail like Pritchett. Just speculating unless someone knows the circumstances regarding the roll.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase