First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Mojave's axle isnt any stronger, if it broke the rubi he'd have broke the mojave too.
I think the Mojave doesn't have the FAD. I thought it was the FAD that broke... not the axle? Or is the broken axle the same vehicle? If so my bad. Having a hard time understanding how they could have broken the axle unless they attempted a jump...
Sponsored

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
Mojave is same as rubi, its the knuckles that are different.
Most people dont need D60s, the aftermarket d44’s that delete the fad are strong enough for a lot of people. (Prorock 44, dana makes one, G2 another)

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I think the Mojave doesn't have the FAD. I thought it was the FAD that broke... not the axle? Or is the broken axle the same vehicle? If so my bad. Having a hard time understanding how they could have broken the axle unless they attempted a jump...
The mojave has a FAD just like all the other JL/JT's.

Looking closer it looks to be a metacloak game changer lift (can tell from the gold arms front and rear) on fox 2.0's with probably 37's given they fill up the fender wells pretty good.

They honestly probably attempted a big ass jump way too quick or didnt see a big hole and were just going too fast.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Context is important. Mater there says he sees it "all the time", indicating it's super common. Then normal Gladiator drivers get nervous. All this guy does is rescue people who did something most likely stupid. To him - it's common given his profession. I wouldn't worry about this. If you want to jump, build a real trophy truck. I bought a Mojave to haul ass in the sand in SoCal. I sure as hell am not going to "jump" it, regardless of the "stiffer frame" marketing Jeep did.

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
So what would one buy to stiffen up that weak link?
can truss your current axle. Rustys and Artec both offer a truss system.
recommend a competent welder tho, usually good practice to heat the cast axle section before burning on the truss. And go small sections to not put too much heat in

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
The mojave has a FAD just like all the other JL/JT's.

Looking closer it looks to be a metacloak game changer lift (can tell from the gold arms front and rear) on fox 2.0's with probably 37's given they fill up the fender wells pretty good.

They honestly probably attempted a big ass jump way too quick or didnt see a big hole and were just going too fast.
OK thanks. Shows you what I know about Mojaves :facepalm:

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
OK thanks. Shows you what I know about Mojaves :facepalm:
Np, everyone seems to think the Mojave is this raptor fighter and it's really just a gladiator overland with a rear locker, different coils, hydro bumps, and bypass shocks (yes yes it has extra thick welds on the frame and different shock mounts too). It's not really made for big jumps or trophy truck type racing but basically fire roads and washboards at higher speeds.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Np, everyone seems to think the Mojave is this raptor fighter and it's really just a gladiator overland with a rear locker, different coils, hydro bumps, and bypass shocks (yes yes it has extra thick welds on the frame and different shock mounts too). It's not really made for big jumps or trophy truck type racing but basically fire roads and washboards at higher speeds.
To be fair, the Raptor will die quick too trying trophy truck stuff!

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Mojave is to Gladiator as Tremor is to F150. That's my opinion. Not comparing towing and payload, just packaging for the model.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
@5:30 "we were racing" ... "hit it" ... "he was showing off for his wife" - I feel bad for the JT owner but folks lets be honest. FAD may be a weak spot but its a Rubicon, not a Mojave. Speed increases forces in ways we don't always understand. FAD takes the abuse... no need for D60s for normal driving...
This all day long. 9.9 times out of 10, there is a “send it” moment with this stuff happening. I don’t care what kind of rig you have. 100% driver doing stuff beyond their knowledge or capability.

How many brand new HHP car in the ditch or wrapped around tree videos have you seen.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
This all day long. 9.9 times out of 10, there is a “send it” moment with this stuff happening. I don’t care what kind of rig you have. 100% driver doing stuff beyond their knowledge or capability.
Knowledge or capability of the vehicle.
Not even the best off-road drivers can prevent a vehicle from grenading at its limits.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Guaranteed this guy did something he shouldn’t have been doing. Or more to the point, that the truck wasn’t designed to do.

Watching Matt’s OffRoad Recovery as I type this by the way… 😁
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator trail mater'd image
Sponsored