Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think this is what cracks me up the most. To each their own, do what you want, etc. But, the whole overlanding thing is a bit odd to me.

TR: Wants to get outdoors and away from modern society, and drink coffee.
Also TR: Drags $150k worth of modern society with him to be outdoors.

Not hating on the guy as he does seem genuine, I just find the whole thing funny.
Indeed. He can get lost sometimes going on and on about some new gadgetry that just makes him look a bit ridiculous.

I agree: to each their own. But given that he makes his living with these videos, he could learn to be more discerning about what stuff is worth talking about, and what isn’t.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
On second thought, trading in his Gladiator for a Wrangler diesel + a Power Wagon may simply be a business decision to expand his viewership.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was initially happy when TR got a Gladiator but was disappointed in what he decided to install on it. It became apparent to me at least that he was installing hear that was given to him to promote and not necessarily the best equipment for overlanding which is my main interest.

As said above it’s all about fresh content for him and many other utubers. I would not be surprised to see him rigging out the Tesla truck or the Eneos Grenadere in a year or two.

Venture 4wd and The Road Chose Me are my two favorite content providers now. Dan Grec is the real deal....taking a relatively stock Jeep all the way to the southern tip of South America and another Wrangler around Africa. He has forgotten what more than what the others think they know..
I'm in agreement with you 100% with Venture 4WD and the Road chose me.
Heck Matt's Off-road recovery is one of my favorites currently, my 90 XJ was similar set up to what his was, except for mine was heavy for rock crawling not mud or sand.

Now if I could get the sponsorship's for it "I'll be a "shill" for products and give up my current job too. If I could change my inability to hype things up and sell something. I've thought about it even without the sponsors, I might still down the road.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I used to like trail recon but on his coffee one videos he says the gladiator let him down Bs the clip he posted were anything but. Yeah there isn’t much argument that a. 2 dr can. Do better than a. 4dr than a gladiator in certain situations but then you’d e hard pressed to haul a kayak mt bike and rtt to a good spot to camp in the mts. As for you tube vids. I like coyote works and the story till now. That guy takes his gladiator into some very hairy situations. And it does very well indeed.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I'm in agreement with you 100% with Venture 4WD and the Road chose me.
Heck Matt's Off-road recovery is one of my favorites currently, my 90 XJ was similar set up to what his was, except for mine was heavy for rock crawling not mud or sand..........
Dang! How could I forget about Matt? Great videos!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I used to like trail recon but on his coffee one videos he says the gladiator let him down Bs the clip he posted were anything but. Yeah there isn’t much argument that a. 2 dr can. Do better than a. 4dr than a gladiator in certain situations but then you’d e hard pressed to haul a kayak mt bike and rtt to a good spot to camp in the mts. As for you tube vids. I like coyote works and the story till now. That guy takes his gladiator into some very hairy situations. And it does very well indeed.
The guys from The Story Till Now are in British Columbia, right across the border from me.

Their videos inspire me to go play outside when the border finally reopens.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
maybe it's just me but trading in a gladiator for a diesel wrangler and then getting a ram also is backwards thinking for me, since there is a diesel gladiator. it doesn't seem like he rock crawls heavily, which would be the only sense for getting a wrangler.

not my money though, just doesn't make sense (to me)
I believe he said he got the RAM because the JT was not enough "truck" for towing and payload and the diesel JT was even worse for those needs. Wheeling/overlanding he has done fine for years in a Wrangler and he's probably going to stick to that. Hell, he may use the RAM to tow around the Wrangler for trips.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
When I do watch his videos I normally skip first 2 minutes at least and only watch "the coffee with Brad" videos or garage videos. I'd hate to be on a trail with them anytime other than noon time them damn flashing lights and brite facing all directions of the vehicles.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I agree it doesn’t make Jeep sense to loose the gladiator and buy a ram and a diesel. It would be far more interesting to have kept the gladiator and got the diesel and used those for comparisons I have always been a fan of power wagons. But his was a Jeep site. Now it’s both. Why?

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
We need a YouTube of an gnarly crusty old guy. Wheelin this Jeep and that and telling everyone what they really think. In unvarnished terms. :punch::LOL::devil:

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
We need a YouTube of an gnarly crusty old guy. Wheelin this Jeep and that and telling everyone what they really think. In unvarnished terms. :punch::LOL::devil:
Dude, that would describe most of the guys on YouTube. They smoke, curse, spew conspiracy theories and, eventually, get around to talking about wheeling or working on Jeeps. This is why I find Brad's channel refreshing.
Sponsored