First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I watch as I like to see the places they go more so than all the builds. I just figure with most of these folks the constant vehicle changes, etc is for content. I have some friends who are heavy into Kayak Fishing and produce You tube channels and man its crazy. One was telling me that he has to fish regardless if he wants to or not in the rain, doesn't matter he has to come up with so much content to keep his level up which gets him his money or something like that. If he drops off he loses big time. Takes a lot of fishing, etc to edit up enough time to keep pumping out the shows
He has to fish even if its raining ? Sounds terrible !!!

All kidding aside, I am sure that is can suck at times ... Any time you turn your hobby into your work it ruins your hobby ... Especially if it is a large part of your income stream ...

I was a computer hobby guy and turned it into my lifes work ... It has been good to me but I can tell you that it aint my hobby no mo ... I don't want to look at a computer after work ..

Id sure hate for that to happen with my Jeep !!! Ill probably keep this one a hobby ... Its better that way ...

I do get a chuckle though when nasty people dissatisfied with their own lot in life take shots at someone else living their dream ... Reeks of envy ... If ya wanna travel the west in a heavily modded jeep and are content to feed the thankless youtube funnel to do so, more power to ya ... Im sitting on my fat ass in an office and there is definitely room for improvement ...
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I watch as I like to see the places they go more so than all the builds. I just figure with most of these folks the constant vehicle changes, etc is for content. I have some friends who are heavy into Kayak Fishing and produce You tube channels and man its crazy. One was telling me that he has to fish regardless if he wants to or not in the rain, doesn't matter he has to come up with so much content to keep his level up which gets him his money or something like that. If he drops off he loses big time. Takes a lot of fishing, etc to edit up enough time to keep pumping out the shows
Brad can run his channel as he sees fit. It is never a one size fits all with these Jeep or any other automotive related Youtube channels. I still find a few nuggets in his current stuff to keep me subscribed.

I do understand there is a tipping point where they are a slave to content creation to keep the light bill paid.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I like the Trail Recon videos and have learned from them.

But, just like most YouTube, "Please Subscribe", "Don't forget to to Like", and 20-minutes or more to cover 5-minutes or less of content.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
<SNIP>

Any time you turn your hobby into your work it ruins your hobby ... Especially if it is a large part of your income stream ...

<SNIP>
So true, just have fun, you don't have to be THE best or have the THE most extreme Jeep.

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I've watched a couple of his videos. I don't see how all of his vehicles are not over their payload capacities. I'm not sure that's a good thing to promote.

Sponsored

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Been a subscriber to Trail Recon on Youtube for quite some time. Like the Lite Brite channel, his was relatable in the early days when he was actually paying out of pocket for his own builds. So everything was a work in progress. Now, it is just plain commercialization and everything to the max out the gate when a new vehicle comes to the stable and vendors throwing things at him.

I do not begrudge him his success, but his videos more times than not nowadays have very little appeal to me.
I hate to say it but sadly I agree. I used to look forward to the content they put out, but now they all feel like commercials for whoever is giving them free parts at the moment.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I like the new bronco and used to like Ford vehicles exclusively but I can't support companies that support marxist political organizations like black lives matter and virtue signal the social justice dogma that many major corporations feel compelled to endorse.​

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
venture4wd on Youtube is hands down my favourite channel in this segment. It blows my mind he only has 60k subs. If Mr Rogers had a illegitimate child who lived out of a Jeep it’s this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/c/venture4wd

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
I like the new bronco and used to like Ford vehicles exclusively but I can't support companies that support marxist political organizations like black lives matter and virtue signal the social justice dogma that many major corporations feel compelled to endorse.​
I watched a YT video back in the spring that made a whole lot of sense once I really thought about it.

The video was something to the effect of, "why are so many corporations making such a stink (virtue signaling) about supporting BLM and declaring that we have such an issue with race/gender/equality/etc."

The synopsis was, essentially they all do that to keep the peasants (us) fighting amongst ourselves while they continue to do the real f*cking of society. As long a we continue to blow up these, arguably, relatively minor social issues, the masses won't be looking at us.

Made sense to me.

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach-1, 2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Sales, and generally being awesone
The best of both worlds is a Wrangler and Gladiator, not some crummy ford
Well I am a Ford guy as well as a Jeep Guy..... The hundreds of thousands of Pre-orders for the Bronco say differently.

With that being said and actually owning a Gladiator, I will say the New Bronco is every bit as good as the Wrangler or Gladiator, And I have owned 5 Wranglers.

Sponsored

2010JK

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Sport
Well I am a Ford guy as well as a Jeep Guy..... The hundreds of thousands of Pre-orders for the Bronco say differently.

With that being said and actually owning a Gladiator, I will say the New Bronco is every bit as good as the Wrangler or Gladiator, And I have owned 5 Wranglers.
Being a Ford guy and Jeep guy is like saying you root for the Yankees and the Red Sox

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
... I will say the New Bronco is every bit as good as the Wrangler or Gladiator,...
How can you say that? Have you driven one? Actually have seen one in person? Or are you just repeating the reviews of those that Ford has allowed?

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How can you say that? Have you driven one? Actually have seen one in person? Or are you just repeating the reviews of those that Ford has allowed?
I have worked for Ford for 11 years... We just had a bronco in here the other day for some training. I think they are amazing and like it every bit as much as my Gladiator.

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Being a Ford guy and Jeep guy is like saying you root for the Yankees and the Red Sox
I should clarify.... I am 99% Ford, and the only Jeep's I would ever consider would be the Wrangler or Gladiator.
Sponsored