Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Yeah i dont really see the need for Jeep to "up their game" when it's already making great products. I have no problem with competition, but like I said, Ford is a rival to my favorite brands and im not gonna have any kind of fuzzy feelings for a new product of theirs
Competition also drives down prices, let's hope that occurs here too... (although too late for me, I already bought, maybe in 2022 when we are looking for a 4xe for my wife though...)
Sponsored

2010JK

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Sport
Competition also drives down prices, let's hope that occurs here too... (although too late for me, I already bought, maybe in 2022 when we are looking for a 4xe for my wife though...)
The way that ford priced the bronco doesnt really force Jeep to do anything about their prices. In most cases the bronco already slots in more expensive than a comparable Wrangler

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
The way that ford priced the bronco doesnt really force Jeep to do anything about their prices. In most cases the bronco already slots in more expensive than a comparable Wrangler
True, but if the Bronco starts taking away enough market share, then Jeep will lower prices, and start offering discounts, then Ford will... it'll take a few quarters AFTER ford is actually/finally on the road...

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Well said, couldn't agree with you more...
I tried to like Ford but after purchasing two vehicles from them over the years and both of them having absolute crap transmissions and then nothing but trouble from the dealerships getting repairs I just find myself not trusting in them but that is purely just my deal.

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
4 door Bronco is on my wife’s short list of cars when my alfa lease is up. It’ll be a cool ride for her and fun for the family, a nice go anywhere alternative without worry for bad weather and such. With the demand it’s probably going to lease very well. I’m looking forward to it.

Sponsored

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Yeah i dont really see the need for Jeep to "up their game" when it's already making great products. I have no problem with competition, but like I said, Ford is a rival to my favorite brands and im not gonna have any kind of fuzzy feelings for a new product of theirs
Fair enough. Also I hope I didn’t come across aggressive or combative that wasn’t my intent. Like PDiddy says I like the segment as a whole and I’m not a brand loyalist my self at this point and if I could I’d own them all.

2010JK

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Sport
Fair enough. Also I hope I didn’t come across aggressive or combative that wasn’t my intent. Like so so says I like the segment as a whole and I’m not a brand loyalist my self at this point and if I could I’d own them all.
No dont worry about it you were fine haha, i just came off as a huge hardo about it all. More than welcome to like any vehicles you want

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ram TRX4, 2019 Mojito JLUR,
I have worked for Ford for 11 years... We just had a bronco in here the other day for some training. I think they are amazing and like it every bit as much as my Gladiator.
Do they make you park in the back of the lot.??

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I'm a little confused,,,,,, why does it matter what a YouTuber is going to drive or purchase?
I bought my JT because I love Jeeps. And I'll be keeping my JT because, I love Jeeps.
I dont need a single other person in this world to own or drive a JT for me to be "good" with my ownership of a JT.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
I'm a little confused,,,,,, why does it matter what a YouTuber is going to drive or purchase?
I bought my JT because I love Jeeps. And I'll be keeping my JT because, I love Jeeps.
I dont need a single other person in this world to own or drive a JT for me to be "good" with my ownership of a JT.
It doesn't matter, really. Like you, I drive what I like, regardless of what other people think. But it is interesting to see what others are doing, esp when it comes to vehicles that are going to be true Wrangler competitors.

I love Jeeps (I think this is Wrangler/JT number 6 or 7 in my string of past vehicles) BUT I am not "brand loyal" -- if I thought I'd be happier in a Bronco, Tacoma, Raptor, etc.-- I'd eagerly buy one of those.

So far, Wranglers have been the sweet spot of what I like to do -- trail riding, light modding (i'm not into replacing axles or cutting frames), travel, etc.
*Tacoma, while solid, is WAY outdated, and Toyota isn't even trying to be in the hunt. The fact that you have to cut the frame to comfortably fit even a 33 is a deal-breaker for me in a class where others have FACTORY 33 and 35 inch options. Wake up Toyota.
*Raptor fits my bill, but are just too expensive for us working-class folks. Bravo to those who have the means, but I'm not so flush with cash that I will have an $80k truck in my driveway, when I can get everything I want in a $50k truck. I know -- I'll go be poor someplace else... :LOL:
*Bronco *might* be a possibility, but general availability is still a year or two away, so it's not even an option yet.

So we're back to Wrangler/JT...

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
It doesn't matter, really. Like you, I drive what I like, regardless of what other people think. But it is interesting to see what others are doing, esp when it comes to vehicles that are going to be true Wrangler competitors.

I love Jeeps (I think this is Wrangler/JT number 6 or 7 in my string of past vehicles) BUT I am not "brand loyal" -- if I thought I'd be happier in a Bronco, Tacoma, Raptor, etc.-- I'd eagerly buy one of those.

So far, Wranglers have been the sweet spot of what I like to do -- trail riding, light modding (i'm not into replacing axles or cutting frames), travel, etc.
*Tacoma, while solid, is WAY outdated, and Toyota isn't even trying to be in the hunt. The fact that you have to cut the frame to comfortably fit even a 33 is a deal-breaker for me in a class where others have FACTORY 33 and 35 inch options. Wake up Toyota.
*Raptor fits my bill, but are just too expensive for us working-class folks. Bravo to those who have the means, but I'm not so flush with cash that I will have an $80k truck in my driveway, when I can get everything I want in a $50k truck. I know -- I'll go be poor someplace else... :LOL:
*Bronco *might* be a possibility, but general availability is still a year or two away, so it's not even an option yet.

So we're back to Wrangler/JT...
Haha yep but $50K even to rich for my blood. I mean I could probably afford it but there is just something in me that will not allow me to pay that much for a truck even a jeep truck.

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach-1, 2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Sales, and generally being awesone
Do they make you park in the back of the lot.??
Yea, pretty much.... Funny thing is I have worked for the company for so long, they don't care what I drive, they were all pretty excited to see my new toy the other day.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well as long as it's not a Chevy.. :LOL: now that's out of the way.:giggle:. Good for Brad, his family and business. I'm subbed to his U-tube videos, I start with fast forward few minutes. If you have watched his videos you will hear his transition to "Pro" U-Tuber so now he needs to make videos so changes will be needed for drawing new watchers.
Now as passed on about Venture 4WD I follow him. If some things had not happened in my life, I would be doing that now, that was My "planned" retirement as far back as 1988. Starting with the A T. PCT, travel world and throwing in Scuba diving around the world too. Needless to say if some things had happened different, I'd possible be one of the U-Tubers. Not likely I try not to grandstand but to blend in be unnoticed, overlooked and forgotten. That's been a good survival skill in many places I have been.

Now back But I'm not watching to see what to "get" I've got most of what I'll ever need for camping. Heck some of. My go to gear is well over 25 years old do to I was "Overlanding" before it was a thing here in USA..... Just another form of camping. I've even done the water version with my father on pontoon boat too.
Someone might end up with a well set up JT. Years long past a young guy got the Warn competition rock crawling Wrangler given to him (parents), he didn't like it due to the Atlas T-case, all of us offered to put a stock 231 back in for it.;) he finally figured out what he got then.

LAJEEPR

First Name
Jimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well Brad is just about as a sellout as they come. Good for him for making tons off youtube, but I hate his goodygoody attitude. He has no grit.
No grit? Brad is a retired Navy Corpsman who deployed in theater with Marines. He doesn’t shove that in everyone’s face which also says a lot about his character. Pretty safe to criticize there keyboard warrior. Have some respect.
Sponsored