Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I ended up getting the Curt Echo and it works amazingly well. I really love it.
Sponsored

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
So I just looked up the Curt Echo. I had no idea it was a stand alone no wiring unit. Kinda interesting but not sure it is for me. My luck I would loose it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Redarc makes two models that would work which one are they out of stock on? Has someone contacted them directly? I went right through a fellow at Redarc in Australia when I bought one.

MarkN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
Adding some more Redarc love.
Redarc for me, I have one on my 4runner as well as my JT and it works amazing. It can be mounted cleanly on the dash and looks factory as shown above. Redarc also has great support and the controller offers multiple braking modes. It's definitely worth the money.

I mounted mine in the blank where locker button would be

IMG_20191203_184232.jpg

IMG_20191022_212622.jpg
Great picture!!

BMac316

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Adding some more Redarc love.
Redarc for me, I have one on my 4runner as well as my JT and it works amazing. It can be mounted cleanly on the dash and looks factory as shown above. Redarc also has great support and the controller offers multiple braking modes. It's definitely worth the money.

I mounted mine in the blank where locker button would be

IMG_20191203_184232.jpg

IMG_20191022_212622.jpg
I want to mount the redarc in the same spot as you did (if my gladiator ever gets built, but that’s a whole other story). What is it mounted to in the opening? It looks like one of the redarc switch insert panels but I was wondering which one and how it fits in the cubby.
Also, how do you like the No Boundaries trailer? I like some of their layouts but have also heard some horror stories online about people having cabinets and microwaves fall off walls on their first trips.

Sponsored

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
So I ended up buying THIS but from Amazon as etrailer was out of stock on the harness. Once it arrived I realized it is not plug and play. In fine print etrailer say you need to purchase another harness to connect to the harness to the brake controller.
The Redarc brake controller came with its own harness with bare wires on one end. With all the talk of diodes I'm not sure one is present. Normally I wouldn't even ask it seems like a no brainer....Can I clip the end off the Tekonsha 3073-P Brake Control Wiring Adapter and solder it to the Redarc harness?
Thanks
Scratch

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So I ended up buying THIS but from Amazon as etrailer was out of stock on the harness. Once it arrived I realized it is not plug and play. In fine print etrailer say you need to purchase another harness to connect to the harness to the brake controller.
The Redarc brake controller came with its own harness with bare wires on one end. With all the talk of diodes I'm not sure one is present. Normally I wouldn't even ask it seems like a no brainer....Can I clip the end off the Tekonsha 3073-P Brake Control Wiring Adapter and solder it to the Redarc harness?
Thanks
Scratch
You don't need the diode - if your truck is a 2020 manufactured before the dates mentioned in these threads, have the dealer flash the ABS module. (on or before January 8, 2020)
If the build date is after that, you'll be fine.

Don't worry about messing with a diode.

Yes, the reason some of these come with single-ended harnesses, or pigtails, is because some vehicles, the Grand Cherokee, for example, comes with it's own pigtail that connects to the vehicle's harness. They don't know what brake controller you are going to use so they leave those ends open.
All you need to di is get the wires matched up -
Power
Ground
Line to trailer brakes
Line to vehicle's brake light circuit

Match the wires up for the correct function, solder them, use heat shrink.

Below is REDARC's wiring colors and positions.

Jeep Gladiator Trailer brake controller redarc-wiri

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So I just looked up the Curt Echo. I had no idea it was a stand alone no wiring unit. Kinda interesting but not sure it is for me. My luck I would loose it.
Now that I've seen how great it works, it's a no brainer. With the new included rubber strap they provide, no fears of it falling out while driving. And when I'm not using it, the under seat storage is a great place to keep it. And, it can be used on any vehicle so it's flexible in that way as well. Best of all, no wiring and no clutter in the already small JT interior.

I'll never buy a traditional brake controller again.
Sponsored