Sponsored

"Truck" or "Jeep"?

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
So I keep alternating between calling my Gladiator either my truck or my Jeep and I have a non-Jeep owning friend who keeps getting miffed that I was calling it a truck. He didn't realize at first that it was a Gladiator and that it had a bed (sent him a pic since then) to which he has now stubbornly decided it's still a "Jeep" and if I wanted a "truck" I should've bought something else LoL. How do you guys refer to your Gladiators?
Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I went to the curb side pick up at HD. When I called to tell them I was there, they asked me what type of vehicle I was driving. I did not think they would know what a Gladiator was, so I told them I had a Jeep truck.

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
If you tell someone to meet you somewhere and that you drive a Jeep, they're going to look for about 50 different wrong cars in the lot first.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I use truck. Never had a Jeep before this one so saying truck is habit for me.

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
I say truck as I was already referring to my YJ as “the Jeep.”

txn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1991 YJ, 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk
My YJ is the Jeep, my wife’s Cherokee is the Trailhawk, and the Gladiator is the truck.
Keeps it simple.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I've gone back & forth calling it both, but since I still have an actual truck (2007 Ram 2500 Cummins), I call it my "truck", and the JTR gets called my "Jeep" when talking to people that know me. That way it's differentiated.

When I was at the tire shop getting my tires & wheels mounted and balanced everyone asked me "what the hell is it? Is it a truck? Or is it a Jeep?" I couldn't help but laugh, because I was just as confused as they were. So I said, "I guess it just kind of is what it is...A Jeep with a bed on the back..."

I always wanted a Jeep Wrangler, but could never justify having one for a daily driver... Because I'm always doing something that requires the need for a bed on the back, because like most things, nothing is ever simple and easy and clean and quick... It never fails... When I had my Mustang, I'd drive it somewhere, I'd end up in a situation where my truck would have been a better option. When I'd drive my highly-impractical Cummins on 38's somewhere, it would be overkill and completely unnecessary, and I could have driven my car and saved the fuel cost (diesel vs. gas). Now, that I have the JT, it's like a nice mix between the 2, except the full mileage sucks just as bad as every gasoline-powered V8 4x4 trucks I've ever owned...But without the V8 powerplant. :mad: Except now I can go places my other trucks couldn't, and it's much nicer than my other trucks were. There's always a trade-off somewhere. Like the Rolling Stones said... 'You can't always get what you want..." Unless you have $100,000 laying around for a new JTR and 6.4 SRT Hemi swap... Of which, I do not.

And to quote those old commercials on TV from years ago... They (Gladiators) "shoulda' had a V8...:facepalm:"

Sponsored

Nuttall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR ,2023 Grand Cherokee ,2011 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Construction
I've always called it the Jeep Truck.

5JeepsAz