Sponsored

Two weeks removed from new and new car smell is gone

TTU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Willys
Sad day today. I noticed after the JT had a particularly full day of property work and hardware store visits, doors off of course, the new car smell is officially gone. JT also received a fine layer of dust throughout the interior today. Man I love this truck. Best vehicle purchase I have ever made.

What do yā€™all use for a wipe down on the interior? Im thinking a simple damp microfiber cloth. Lots of cracks and crevices to clean out as well though.
Sponsored

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
My Gladiatorā€™s new car smell was gone when I farted in it on the way home from the dealership.

Griotā€™s Garage interior cleaner, leather cleaner, interior detailer. Expensive but excellent. And donā€™t forget the pine tree hanging on the rear view mirror.

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
Well I would suggest getting a bottle of 'New Car Smell'

Jeep Gladiator Two weeks removed from new and new car smell is gone newcarsmell

But if they have to grind up 1,600,000 roses to get a kilo of rose oil, I would hate to think how many new Gladiators they would have to grind up to get that! šŸ˜³

Jeep Gladiator Two weeks removed from new and new car smell is gone roses

Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Almost one year old and mine still smells new. The top has never been off, no dogs, no smoking, no French fries. But, I have farted in it.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I used to use an interior cleaner to wipe down everything. I found that a micro fiber cloth and water work just as well. I stopped wasting my money.

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I vacuum the interior, then blow it out with an air hose, then wipe everything down with a micro fibre cloth and Armour all. Well, everything except the cloth seats. I have the wet suit covers on them.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not so sure I really want the "new car smell" to linger forever - it's mostly the fumes from the new vinyl, dyes, plastics and other parts. I've cleaned the inside of the glass on some new cars and the film you get after a few weeks of that stuff letting loose from the interior materials - I think, and I'm BREATHING that stuff?
Not as bad in the JT - but some cars with large fat dashes, clean the glass after a few weeks and see what you get - that same stuff is in your lungs.

Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Not so sure I really want the "new car smell" to linger forever - it's mostly the fumes from the new vinyl, dyes, plastics and other parts. I've cleaned the inside of the glass on some new cars and the film you get after a few weeks of that stuff letting loose from the interior materials - I think, and I'm BREATHING that stuff?
Not as bad in the JT - but some cars with large fat dashes, clean the glass after a few weeks and see what you get - that same stuff is in your lungs.

I take this to heart but I think the guy whos fart overshadowed the chemical smells on the way home from the dealer is probably in worse shape ...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I take this to heart but I think the guy whos fart overshadowed the chemical smells on the way home from the dealer is probably in worse shape ...
I will not ride with a person who can fart and undo 100 square feet of vinyl and plastic smells in one fell swoop. I thought there were international agreements against gas warfare.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
compressed air from an air compressor. and run it thru the car wash with the top off or down, ha ha!
Sponsored