Uconnect freezing/rebooting

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Sting Gray/Toyota 4Runner Limited Pearl White
@CAL32 I've only got 850 miles or so on mine and it's happened 4 or 5 times now. Hopefully I can get it figured out here soon
you go back to the dealer yet? If it keeps happening I plan to...
Sponsored

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not yet. I've been busy the last couple weeks. I sent some info over to @JeepCares just earlier today, so I am going to see how they can help first. I'm not a huge fan of my dealer.
Yea I don't think anyone is a fan of their dealer/service center...luckily I found a family friend that works in a service dept that I trust...if it keeps happening i'll be bringing it to him not where i bought it.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I've got 3k miles in almost 3 months. The Offroad pages would not load one day, just hung on the opening screen, but everything else worked fine. After the next start of the truck, it was back to normal. So far, that's the only issue I've had with the Radio/NAV system.

Sponsored

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine goes back on Monday to have a new radio put in
How many times did yours freeze/reset? So far I am on 3 times total in roughly a month with about 1200 miles...not sure if its an actual "issue" or just something like an iPhone needed a restart every once in a while...

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many times did yours freeze/reset? So far I am on 3 times total in roughly a month with about 1200 miles...not sure if its an actual "issue" or just something like an iPhone needed a restart every once in a while...
Mine only froze and rebooted once but I get the please wait... almost every every time I start the truck. And the touch screen is unresponsive at times

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine only froze and rebooted once but I get the please wait... almost every every time I start the truck. And the touch screen is unresponsive at times
Got it thatā€™s helpful, mine has never been unresponsive, just the 3 times frozen/reboot thing

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it back from the shop. The radio boots up quickly as I would expect. Although Iā€™ve only started it twice since picking it back up. I was told it may take up to 24 Hrs for the radio to update and be fully working. I did notice that favorites werenā€™t notifying today so weā€™ll see tomorrow. Now, I only was able to add 3 or 4 favorites but when I went to the on air right now screen nothing showed even though I had just favorites a band and it was still playing. I hope thatā€™s just because it needs 24 hrs to get completely set up

Sponsored

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Mine hasnā€™t done turned off again. So maybe it was the radio itself and not actually a ground issue. Either way I canā€™t replicate it anymore so no point going to the dealer for a problem I cant find haha.

I have heard random single Chimes while driving down the highway.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I had mine at the dealership the other day. No luck at all. They looked and said they were unable to replicate the issue and tried to send me on my way. I talked them into calling Chrysler engineering, and called the UConnect case manager. The case manager offered to pay for a rental for me to leave my truck at the dealership, they just needed to arrange it for me. He also called and left a message with the service manager. The service manager assured me he would call Chrysler engineering and call me back to let me know what they would like to try. He also declined to keep the truck and arrange a rental for me. As one might expect, they never called me back.

I am basically where I started.

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That Sucks. Iā€™d keep at em. Especially if your radio is fubar. This starts right up as you would expect. My old one was taking 1-2 minutes to fro from ā€œPlease wait...ā€ to music playing

Rush83

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
My radio shuts off routinely. When I get in and start the truck sometimes (once daily) the XM doesnā€™t come on right away. Sometimes over a couple of minutes. I think the radio has a time limit and will reset itself if it doesnā€™t connect to Sirius quickly. Then it reboots.

Maldonado Iā€™ve put about 3,500 miles on it and I have yet had it ask me to switch to one of my favorites Iā€™ve selected. U donā€™t think the favorite button is working.

I did install my own antenna but I donā€™t think thatā€™s the issue. To be on the safe side Iā€™ll try it with the original antenna soon.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
My radio shuts off routinely. When I get in and start the truck sometimes (once daily) the XM doesnā€™t come on right away. Sometimes over a couple of minutes. I think the radio has a time limit and will reset itself if it doesnā€™t connect to Sirius quickly. Then it reboots.

Maldonado Iā€™ve put about 3,500 miles on it and I have yet had it ask me to switch to one of my favorites Iā€™ve selected. U donā€™t think the favorite button is working.

I did install my own antenna but I donā€™t think thatā€™s the issue. To be on the safe side Iā€™ll try it with the original antenna soon.
Hi Cory,
We're sorry to learn about your infotainment concern. Are you considering having your dealer dealer look into this? If so, please feel free to reach out to us if additional assistance is needed during your appointment.
Alex
Jeep Cares
Sponsored