John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
This thing is a turd. Never updates vehicle info, send and go doesn't work, hotspot is a joke, I wonder if Onstar works this badly. I should have went with a most basic stereo and installed after market.
Sponsored

Rush83

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
This thing is a turd. Never updates vehicle info, send and go doesn't work, hotspot is a joke, I wonder if Onstar works this badly. I should have went with a most basic stereo and installed after market.
I stopped in at my dealership yesterday and asked why it takes so long for my Sirius to acquire a signal. It’s a known issue. They asked me to take a video and give to to them. What a joke.

arnranch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright white Gladiator, 2016 BMW M235I, 1962 Jeep FC170, 1970 Mach1
Occupation
tech
My new Gladiator started doing the uconnect reboot the first week I had it. It stopped for a while then started up again this past week. I drove 10 miles before the issue cleared and I could listen to the radio or do anything display wise. Took it to the dealer later (it happen twice on the way there). The dealer did the Uconnect recall fix for the backup camera and said they updated the software too (2 days ago). This morning the camera did not come on when I backed up and the Uconnect rebooted about 10 times on my 30min trip to work. Back to the dealer soon.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Mine has been solid for a few months now. I am going to keep an eye on it, but ever since I went to the dealer last, things have been better. knock on wood

arnranch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
tech
The dealer finely seen what I was talking about Monday, said they would order a new head unit. Yesterday and the day before we drove 3.5 hrs each day. The radio never made it all the way through a reboot the whole time. Reboot after reboot ever 2 min. Thank God and Jeep for the bluetooth speaker. About 7hrs of playing with no charge. Saved me form wife. :) Today the Dealer says it could be up to 8 week before they can get the head unit. My first new Chrysler or Jeep, so far not real happy with the service it product.

Sponsored

arnranch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
tech
Now the battery is dead 5.4v. Seems like the reboot is happening even when the thing is idle too. Tried to jump start it but everything is on, lights, AC, even the wipers want to run. Cant get enough jump power to run all that and the starter. I am about 60 miles from the dealer, they wont tow it. Asked if I had road side assistance. I am on the edge with this high dollar POS right now.

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
My radio today took a long time to connect then didn’t play any audio. I changed stations. Nothing. Bluetooth from my phone - audio. Switch back to radio - nothing.
This is awful. I have already had it replaced once. I am giving up I suppose

arnranch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
tech
Okay, so I pulled the cable off the neg post and charged the battery. The jeep started and i drove it a few miles and put it back on charge. The display is still rebooting every 15 seconds, guessing that is what discharged the battery. Anybody know if there is a fuse i can pull to disable the display but the AC will still work until the head unit is replaced?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Okay, so I pulled the cable off the neg post and charged the battery. The jeep started and i drove it a few miles and put it back on charge. The display is still rebooting every 15 seconds, guessing that is what discharged the battery. Anybody know if there is a fuse i can pull to disable the display but the AC will still work until the head unit is replaced?
Pull fuse F97 for the radio. Should be a location map under the fuse box cover.

HVAC controls are on another fuse circuit so pulling the F97 fuse should not affect it.
Jeep Gladiator Uconnect freezing/rebooting Fuse

arnranch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
tech
Thank you sir!
I found this earlier. The dealer tech said to pull the radio fuse but provided no location info. First chance, that was the one I found too.
I wonder if the backup Camara will still work, did not test that yet. Hope the radio head unit fixes it, besides this trouble I really like the JT.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I doubt the backup camera will display with the Radio fuse pulled.

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone still having this issue? Mine has rebooted by itself several times the last few weeks. Frustrating, as this is my second unit

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Question. Those with freezing issues, have you checked to make sure it's running the latest software?

Rush83

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Question. Those with freezing issues, have you checked to make sure it's running the latest software?
At the time there wasn’t an upgrade. Now there is an upgrade and it completely fixed mine.

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where do you check? I check online and it says it’s up to date. What version are you on? I have the 7”
Sponsored