First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jku Sahara, 2010 mustang GT, 1970 Mach 1, 2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Designer
Just did the uconnect update that was sent to my 8.4” today. Update was successful but now my backup camera icons are overlapped and I can’t take phone calls while my phone is plugged in and connected to car play. Regular Bluetooth phone calls are fine, but when plugged in it forces call audio to my phone and not the truck speakers. Anyone else having this issue? Never had phone issues like before the update. Even used it today a few times before the update

49509859-57B7-4D37-9CEF-427731DAB653.jpeg

2A28A495-0433-41E6-8F39-EA8F775F62AF.jpeg

A9CA95CC-36D9-41B4-9FFC-EE16F4DAD564.jpeg
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Check your uConnect app or your Jeep app, it should show you that there is a recall for if this happens. Mine works fine, so I'm not taking it back to the dealership unless I have to.

OP
OP
Grabberbluemach

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer
Check your uConnect app or your Jeep app, it should show you that there is a recall for if this happens. Mine works fine, so I'm not taking it back to the dealership unless I have to.
Yeah I saw that and assumed that this update was the recall one. But now it has problems it didn’t before lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I saw that and assumed that this update was the recall one. But now it has problems it didn’t before lol
This is why I haven't updated mine. Everything works great, no sense in rocking the boat.

OP
OP
Grabberbluemach

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer
This is why I haven't updated mine. Everything works great, no sense in rocking the boat.
It popped up an update window every time I started it up today. If they hadn’t have been popping up I wouldn’t have updated either

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It popped up an update window every time I started it up today. If they hadn’t have been popping up I wouldn’t have updated either
Yeah, they do that shit to irritate you into doing it, and then everything f*cks up, and next thing you know, you have to go to the dealership anyway to get it fixed... It's just a damn joke.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, I took mine in for the recall update and it has worked flawlessly afterwards, none of the stuff you’re seeing.

OP
OP
Grabberbluemach

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer
Update. Took it to the dealer, they re-flashed it. Carplay phone calls work again. Back up camera icons are still screwed up. They took another JT with both front and rear cameras like mine and the back up icons were also screwed up. So nothing the dealer can do about that until it’s patched in a future update I guess. At least my phone calls work now when it’s plugged in

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Update. Took it to the dealer, they re-flashed it. Carplay phone calls work again. Back up camera icons are still screwed up. They took another JT with both front and rear cameras like mine and the back up icons were also screwed up. So nothing the dealer can do about that until it’s patched in a future update I guess. At least my phone calls work now when it’s plugged in
Something isn't right because they flashed mine a couple weeks ago for the recall (didn't do OTA update) and I don't have the overlapped icons. I also have front and rear cameras on mine. Something else weird is going on there.

OP
OP
Grabberbluemach

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer
Something isn't right because they flashed mine a couple weeks ago for the recall (didn't do OTA update) and I don't have the overlapped icons. I also have front and rear cameras on mine. Something else weird is going on there.
Strange... I feel like I saw another post on here where someone had the double icons too and I can’t find it anymore. Strange the one off the lot did the same thing, he showed it to me. The buttons still work, theres just a duplicate of the magnifying glass and it overlaps the others

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grabberbluemach

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer
Update number 2. The weird double icon went away in its own today. Guess the system just needed a few on/off cycles to even itself out

f2f46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Just did the uconnect update that was sent to my 8.4” today. Update was successful but now my backup camera icons are overlapped and I can’t take phone calls while my phone is plugged in and connected to car play. Regular Bluetooth phone calls are fine, but when plugged in it forces call audio to my phone and not the truck speakers. Anyone else having this issue? Never had phone issues like before the update. Even used it today a few times before the update

Jeep Gladiator Uconnect update issues and carplay A9CA95CC-36D9-41B4-9FFC-EE16F4DAD564

Jeep Gladiator Uconnect update issues and carplay A9CA95CC-36D9-41B4-9FFC-EE16F4DAD564

I've had the same issue... Won't play audio from calls over the stereo, only through phone.

May take it to the dealer this weekend if that's the only solution anyone has come up with.

BrnxBomr2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch
My iPod says the device is not recognized now... works with Bluetooth but not if I plug it in to usb... anyone else have same issue? My carplay works alright it seemed.

f2f46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Trip to the dealer fixed the problem.

At first when I got in and tried it car play still wouldn't play phone audio but I realized the volume had been all the way down after the update haha.

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone know how to get rid of the onscreen menu bar that appeared since the update?

right below where the cover art is, that menu bar is now bothering me.... not one for change lol
Sponsored