Sponsored

Undercoating

jipi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Only downside to FF is when you have to work on some part of the under carriage like the suspension that has been sprayed, it leaves an oily film that attracts dirt and dust, turns into a black grimy film. I usually wear rubber gloves and have to clean my tools after.
That is a good point. It also attacks any other previous undercoating that might already be on the vehicle so be aware of mixing undercoating regardless of what you use. There could be chemical incompatibility.
Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
If in the NE, you’ll have access to Krown dealers usually paired with line-x shops. Same as mentioned above, inside frame, all body cavities (they drill and plug) etc. $165 for the gladiator here locally. At resale time the cars go quickly at a premium the moment a potential buyer looks under and sees it looking unbelievably new. Krown is big with fleet operations in Canada. We get all our vehicles done every other year. Fluid film at home is fantastic too but the time vs. cost savings doesn’t make it work on our end with 3 kids etc. That plus Krown has 6’ wands for bed/body internal coverage etc.

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
I don't want to be nosy but about what did it cost you at the dealer
Not being nosey at all. I think I paid a premium price (read overpriced) at $800. The saving grace was that it was done, worry-free and I was able to finance it in my loan.

Sponsored

OP
OP

quantumleap39

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 hummer, 1987 firebird, 1929 Mercedes
Not being nosey at all. I think I paid a premium price (read overpriced) at $800. The saving grace was that it was done, worry-free and I was able to finance it in my loan.
Thank you,, I reached out to a shop, 800.00 wax filled cavities and lifetime warranty in Leominster ma. But can't get in until end of December.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I had my JT undercoated by the dealership new back in February when I picked it up. I then ordered 5 cans on line of 3M Cavity Wax and application wands to do the internal parts of the doors, hood and frame. I also ordered on line CRC MARINE Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor wax spray for all the other parts that couldn’t be undercoated. To date, there is no rust to see.
BABFBF1F-3A63-47D7-A5BC-D7EEDF481EB0.jpeg
BD8EFC8D-0B76-45B2-8D8B-77DFD069AD05.jpeg

rymac986

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I bought 5 cans of Fluid Film at Lowes and did the under carriage myself in the driveway. Did a decent job been through one winter already and no corrosion or rust. There are places that will apply it for you as well.
Same exact thing here! I also did the bottoms of the doors and thresholds. I’m sure I didn’t get everywhere but I did what I could and I’m happy with it. Don’t need it to be perfect
just want to take care of her.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Petty- but my one hang up here are things like my orange control arms and front track bar. Then there is my fancy diff covers also.

I suppose I could mask those off like a car going into the paint booth.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Petty- but my one hang up here are things like my orange control arms and front track bar. Then there is my fancy diff covers also.

I suppose I could mask those off like a car going into the paint booth.
Stuff like Fluid Film or similar will not harm the finish on those items just coats them with a oily waxy film, you can wipe it off in the spring if you want a cleaner look. I sprayed my Fox shocks and they still look new under the gooey film.

johnh442

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, RAM 1500, Chevy SS
Occupation
Computer / Car Geek
Did Krown here, for $165. Sure beat crawling under with spray cans..for that price. Plus heard lots of good things about it.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Stuff like Fluid Film or similar will not harm the finish on those items just coats them with a oily waxy film, you can wipe it off in the spring if you want a cleaner look. I sprayed my Fox shocks and they still look new under the gooey film.
That’s a good option, so it’s clear? Is krown clear as well?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
That’s a good option, so it’s clear? Is krown clear as well?
Sort of clear, has a yellowish tint to it, they also sell it in black.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Sort of clear, has a yellowish tint to it, they also sell it in black.
Yeah, kind of like fresh synthetic oil, a yellow/gold tint but not so much that you can tell it has a color as a film if that makes sense. You’d have to spray a bunch in a cup or puddle to see that it has color. Then there is black but it too is more like a tint.
Sponsored