Up to 7% off in Idaho

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I’ve got three calls into Kent with no response, not a way to earn sales.
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Funny, later last night I got a text letting me know he was in the weeds but would call me today so we shall see.

Sponsored

Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Is Dennis Dillon no longer competitive with Kent at Peterson's prices? In a perfect world, I am looking for 6% below invoice with my own financing for an order. That used to be possible with the JLs, is that sort of deal now impossible with the Gladiator?

MontanaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
I ordered a jt rubicon model through Kent on 5/13/19. Initially tried calling the dealership and waited for a response. However, I emailed him, got a fairly quick response, and through emails got the truck ordered. It took a a couple days with questions and such. His written quote was invoice minus 5% plus1% tread lightly program, and financing through him 1%.I don’t know interest rate quote yet, but through reading wrangler forums with orders understand it is competitive, but some people have refinanced at 6 months. He was fairly easy to deal with, no hassle. Just writing my experience, as the best way to initiate communication is through email.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Yeah the only time I ever talked to Kent on the phone was on 4/4 when he was checking if I wanted an LE or a custom Rubi. Otherwise it's been all email. Seems he prefers that, which makes sense. Paper trail and what not.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I ordered a jt rubicon model through Kent on 5/13/19. Initially tried calling the dealership and waited for a response. However, I emailed him, got a fairly quick response, and through emails got the truck ordered. It took a a couple days with questions and such. His written quote was invoice minus 5% plus1% tread lightly program, and financing through him 1%.I don’t know interest rate quote yet, but through reading wrangler forums with orders understand it is competitive, but some people have refinanced at 6 months. He was fairly easy to deal with, no hassle. Just writing my experience, as the best way to initiate communication is through email.
Unless he doesn't like what he hears...then it looks like he doesnt respond.

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
I had been discussing an order with Kent as well … when I asked what the price was if I provided my own financing, the price went up $2,000 on a $40,000 MSRP order. He also could not give me a rate since the order would not arrive for 12 weeks, beyond the rate lock. I don't blame him, but it no longer pencils out for me to travel to Idaho. I ended up with a better price from Spencer anyways, but will likely go with a Colorado dealer at around 3-4% below invoice since travel costs would offset any savings.

Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
I mean it makes sense for the price to go up. Bringing your own financing or paying cash means Kent has no opportunity to get the bank incentive payments. It's a direct hit to his bottom line. We can't expect him to take a loss on a sale simply because we want a deal. I'm lucky that travel from Salt Lake is cheap. What Kent is offering won't be for everyone though.

If I was any farther east I'd be hitting up Spencer. Not worth the extra miles to me though, even though he's clearly better at communicating.

HoldMyBeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon (waiting for delivery ugh)
I had been discussing an order with Kent as well … when I asked what the price was if I provided my own financing, the price went up $2,000 on a $40,000 MSRP order. He also could not give me a rate since the order would not arrive for 12 weeks, beyond the rate lock. I don't blame him, but it no longer pencils out for me to travel to Idaho. I ended up with a better price from Spencer anyways, but will likely go with a Colorado dealer at around 3-4% below invoice since travel costs would offset any savings.
Where in Colorado are you getting 3-4% below invoice?

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
Where in Colorado are you getting 3-4% below invoice?
John Elway in Greeley ... James Hovey, General Manager.
MSRP - $40,025
Invoice - $38,929
Offer - $37,260 plus tax ... fees included in price

I think I have another dealer at $36,982 plus tax ... I plan on placing that order tomorrow. I will forward on if it works out.

HoldMyBeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John Elway in Greeley ... James Hovey, General Manager.
MSRP - $40,025
Invoice - $38,929
Offer - $37,260 plus tax ... fees included in price

I think I have another dealer at $36,982 plus tax ... I plan on placing that order tomorrow. I will forward on if it works out.

Definitely just called and left a message for him. Will let everyone know what I find out when he calls back.

HoldMyBeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK so James called me back. Really nice guy and super helpful. They are't able to sell into California but he is going to see what they can do with another John Elway store outside of LA in Claremont. That may work for us California folks on here looking to lease / buy.

I mentioned to James that he should provide his info here on the forum because he is giving really good deals in line with what Kent and Spencer are offering. If you are west coast and not in CA then I would reach out to him to see what he can do for you. Tell him that Thaddeus sent you and he will give you an extra hookup.
Sponsored