First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Subaru XV Crosstek
Occupation
US Air Force (Retired)
Finally! Congrats man. I'll be interested to see how you mount your kayaks so keep us posted. I grabbed the Mopar cross rails but they're pretty underwhelming.
YES! Looks awesome. Glad you finally got yours!
Sponsored

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Would you guys recommend having Kent handle putting new tires on prior to acceptance, or taking the OEM tires on a 10 hour drive home and then swapping them out? I understand that the dealer will buy back your OEM tires and install others on there for you (just like they'll handle installing a mopar lift kit if you so desire), but I wasn't sure about how that might affect tire insurance. If I buy tires locally, I know I can get tire insurance to help cover the cost of the inevitable sharp rock flat tire(s), but I have no idea if or how that would work if I got the tires 10 hours away in Idaho

Gymguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hydro Blue Unlimited Rubicon
So I FINALLY picked mine up after 6 months. Kent, Derik & team were awesome. Quick in and out. Playing in Idaho for a few days before a leisurely drive back to San Diego...

peterson.jpeg
Did you drive it back to Ramona? I can't find any dealers close to San Diego with this pricing. Does anyone know of any?

OP
OP
kayakmike

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Did you drive it back to Ramona? I can't find any dealers close to San Diego with this pricing. Does anyone know of any?
Bought it up there and took a 3 day road trip back. He can also ship it down. There's only a handful of discount dealers in the country, and Kent was the closest.

ScaleRCCrawler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Air Force (Retired)
Bought it up there and took a 3 day road trip back. He can also ship it down. There's only a handful of discount dealers in the country, and Kent was the closest.
Just like you, I too picked up there and took 4 day easy drive back down to Texas. It gave me a good chance to get to know the Jeep. Going to Kent and Jody was well worth it!

Sponsored

Bacon_00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
So Kent said my truck should arrive in UT on the 26th, but didn't elaborate on what that means for delivery. Anybody have any insight?

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
So Kent said my truck should arrive in UT on the 26th, but didn't elaborate on what that means for delivery. Anybody have any insight?
I talked to his assistant today with the same question. Mine theoretically is gonna be on the 25th. Well till it gets delayed again.

She said it's a week to a week and a half after it hits Utah before it'll arrive in Idaho. So the first IF we are lucky.

Bacon_00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I talked to his assistant today with the same question. Mine theoretically is gonna be on the 25th. Well till it gets delayed again.

She said it's a week to a week and a half after it hits Utah before it'll arrive in Idaho. So the first IF we are lucky.
Great, thanks for the details. Not sure why he didn't just say that, but good to know :) Hoping for the 1st/2nd then!

ScaleRCCrawler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Air Force (Retired)
Like what was said above, You are looking at anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks from when it hits the rail yard in Roper, UT. They mention that date because that is the closest "gate" that they know at the time and it is close to them. (Only a 4-4.5 hr drive away) The issue is that Roper is a HUGE automotive shipping yard and the timelines are fuzzy based off how long it takes to get your vehicle off the trains and scheduled on a truck to get to the dealership. I say all of this as a means of understanding and for expectation management.

Woga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty, big Merc, VW Touareg Punkn gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Ski bum
Picked up our punk’n Rubicon early Sat morning and drove back to Colorado Sunday.

The whole experience was a breeze; ordered about 22 Aug and delivered Oct 11. Probably could have been a week earlier but for some work travel. I wasn't actually expecting to get the vehicle until nearer Thanksgiving so this was a pleasant surprise.

Kent was great throughout the process. Price was fine; the finance requirement is really not a big deal. I did check this out with another earlier buyer who told me it required a ‘leap of faith.’ He was right so I did and the faith was not misplaced.

Kent picked me up at hotel early sat and I was back at the hotel in about an hour, with a full tank of gas and some local fishing advice to boot - too easy! Spent the rest of a gorgeous autumn day poking around Boise, Capital City market etc, dinner with friends and drove home early Sunday.

We might just do it all again if we decide to swap to a diesel in due course. I’m sure Kent will look after us if we do ;))

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Has anyone who ordered from Kent in September taken delivery yet. Seeing a lot of sub 5 week deliveries On the FB.

Bacon_00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Question for people who've ordered from Kent/Peterson in the past -- I have my Sport S showing up at their dealership in the next 2-3 weeks. I found a truck already on their lot that I may actually like more (It's max tow, premium audio, cold weather group, tan interior -- the exact 4 options that I've kicked myself for not ordering at one point or another over the last month). Any insight if they'd be open to selling me that one (at the same discount) instead? No idea how it all works -- I'd be nervous they'd be hesitant to have to turn around and sell the one I ordered, instead, given they didn't choose the options set. Though, maybe they wouldn't care. I might email/call/text him in the morning to see, but figured I'd ask here first.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Question for people who've ordered from Kent/Peterson in the past -- I have my Sport S showing up at their dealership in the next 2-3 weeks. I found a truck already on their lot that I may actually like more (It's max tow, premium audio, cold weather group, tan interior -- the exact 4 options that I've kicked myself for not ordering at one point or another over the last month). Any insight if they'd be open to selling me that one (at the same discount) instead? No idea how it all works -- I'd be nervous they'd be hesitant to have to turn around and sell the one I ordered, instead, given they didn't choose the options set. Though, maybe they wouldn't care. I might email/call/text him in the morning to see, but figured I'd ask here first.
Sale is a sale. Yours doesn't count towards a stocking order is the only benifit the dealer loses.

Bacon_00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Sale is a sale. Yours doesn't count towards a stocking order is the only benifit the dealer loses.
Kind of what I figured - what do they lose out on if it's not a stocking order? Trying to feel out if they'll be inclined to offer slightly less of a discount, if you have any idea.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Kind of what I figured - what do they lose out on if it's not a stocking order? Trying to feel out if they'll be inclined to offer slightly less of a discount, if you have any idea.
They can only order so many at a time. Sold orders don't count towards that. They'll have yours to sell tho so theoretically it's a non issue
Sponsored