First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
I have a Mojave and don't find the seats to be uncomfortable, but this is damn sexy. Did it actually cost 25k?
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I have a Mojave and don't find the seats to be uncomfortable, but this is damn sexy. Did it actually cost 25k?
Figure the seats are about $3,700 each X 2 = $7,400, plus the air bag install. I say he's got close to $12,000 total.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Looking at the underside I think Iā€™d have an issue. Iā€™m a bigger fella and completely whore out the seat in my Dodge. The fabrics are in excellent condition with the exception of a wear hole about the size of a dime. The seat foam is another story. The seat suspension caused it to flex under weight of going down lease roads in the patch.

When I installed the seat slammer kit on my JT I was pleasantly surprised to see the steel pan on the front 1/2 of the seat bottom providing excellent support. The slammer kit is actually too much and Iā€™ll adjust it when I get the time. The kit lowers the rear 2 inches and raises the front about a half. The issue with the stock seats is the pitch. ā€¦too flat / horizontal from the factory. Itā€™s amazing how itā€™s changed with the kit. Now my right knee rests behind the 4x4 selector and Iā€™m 6ā€™3.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
The leather seats in my Overland are very comfortable. They are a little bit firm, but that helps my back on long road trips. On a lot of vehicles, when on road trips, my knee will cramp up or my back does, or both, and I have to stop every few hours to walk around and stretch. Iā€™ve never had to do that in my Gladiator. I only stop for gas every ~400 miles for gas or for caffeine or a restroom break (caffeine intake dependent).

Iā€™ve had new German luxury cars with less comfortable seats. My only issue was that I couldnā€™t make the seat bottom angle right, but when I raised the front of my Jeep 2ā€ that solved itself. Haha

Sponsored

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
well Carl are you ever gonna tell us :)
@Rusty PW isn't far off... the seats with Airbags are about $4,700 ea and then there are import duties+ shipping + brackets.

Having just drove two back to back 12 hour days I can say these seats changed my life.

If there was real interest in the seats I could look into importing a bunch. Maybe could get it down to $4k a seat or lower... but that's still a lot.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Man I just don't know if my arse is worth 10K lol!!!

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
lol, mine is. I'm interested in all of it minus the airbags and 'recaro' logo.

spanishmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Gladiator, 2012 Ford F-150
Occupation
Something... something... software.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
From Day 1, I never loved the factory Gladiator seats, I have gone back and forth regarding airbags and ultimately decided to get aftermarket seats with side airbags. I finally got some time to install my Recaro Ergomed ES SAB seats. Airbags + Electric + comfort = Heaven. I am approaching the end of my build for my OEM+ Gladiator.

Like every other install, these are a bit more involved than I had expected. The seats are simple to install, but integrating them into the Gladiator electronic architecture is taking some TLC.

Background: Recaro does not sell airbag seats in the US due to liability/regulatory issues. I sourced these seats from Germany and had them covered in black diamond-stitched leather to match the rest of the interior. It took some time for the seats to arrive and I had to perform some repairs due to shipping damage but beyond that, I can't complain. I bought brackets from Wedge and had them lower the rear by about 1.5" (since I already had modified my factory seat height) The seats have thigh extensions, airbags, Heat, cool, power lumbar, power-adjustable bolsters, height adjustment (tilt), and power recline. The fore-aft adjustment is manual.

I removed the seat wiring harnesses and installed them into the Recaro seats along with the occupancy module/sensor, seatbelt sensor, and airbag connector. I have not integrated the seat heating controls yet.

With the modified Wedge brackets, the seats are at the perfect height and can be fine-tuned for the seating angle, something I have always missed about the Gladiator.

So far I love the seats, I am driving to Daytona in a few weeks and will get a chance to test them out on the long haul. I am sure they will satisfy. Interestingly enough, they are a very similar design to a previous Audi S8 I had, but these have way more adjustability.

2022-04-10 09.34.43.jpg
2022-04-10 09.34.36.jpg

2022-04-10 09.34.02.jpg
2022-04-10 18.36.28.jpg
2022-04-10 18.36.41.jpg
2022-04-10 18.36.48.jpg
2022-04-10 18.37.21.jpg

2022-04-10 10.08.27.jpg
2022-04-10 10.08.32.jpg

2022-04-10 18.37.05.jpg
Its crazy that jeep can make a seat that sucks so bad and then make the Mojave seat. I love the stock seats in the Mojave.

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I can't agree on not liking the standard seats, but the recaro upgrade looks sick and I have never had a recaro that was uncomfortable. Sick mod dude.
The stock seats are hella uncomfortable

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
The stock seats are hella uncomfortable
for you..., and the op has a solution for that:like:
Both my wife and I feel they are very comfortable :). We are very thankful not to have to spend another 4k+ā‚¬ to updgrade seats, also would not have bought it in that case

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
for you..., and the op has a solution for that:like:
Both my wife and I feel they are very comfortable :). We are very thankful not to have to spend another 4k+ā‚¬ to updgrade seats, also would not have bought it in that case
You must not do any long distance traveling

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nah bro. Not at all. You see, we live in a glass house and the truck just sits in the living room to look at :LOL:

Love it. Awesome how you can have an opinion, but not respect that others can disagree āœŒ
Never said I didnā€™t respect your opinion, I just have the same trim and itā€™s hella uncomfortable for being in the vehicle longer than an hour, seats are stiff and I bought it brand new.
Sponsored