V6 3.6 vs. EcoDiesel for daily driver

Tdubv

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator rubicon
Had a 2020 rubicon and got rid of if the a 2021 overland diesel and the only regret I have is not doing it sooner. Night and day difference. Diesel runs better on 37s then the rubi did on stock tires.

Deleted member 47279

dont get teh diesel. i suspect with the ecodiesel going away parts are gonna be tough to get. i love my diesel, but its a pain in the ass to get parts and aftermarket stuff for it.

Sponsored

gladtohave

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Online sales
dont get teh diesel. i suspect with the ecodiesel going away parts are gonna be tough to get. i love my diesel, but its a pain in the ass to get parts and aftermarket stuff for it.

I recall hearing somewhere years ago that a car company needs to support a rig for 10 years so my 2022 diesel "should" be parts supported till 2032 . I hope so cause I plan On getting the BIG factory warranty for it and enjoy it .

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I chose the diesel for the range, torque, and fun factor. I pay 15 dollars more at the pump than the gas version for an extra 160 miles on that same tank. 500 miles per tank is EASY, 600 is difficult but can be accomplished. When you drive the diesel you can tell that it's a much more refined system. The transmission feels better, firmer shifts, etc. You also get upgraded axles, steel steering knuckles, and a handful of other stronger components. So it's not just a gas Gladiator with a diesel swap. Make sure you understand EVERYTHING a diesel upgrade entails before making your decision.
Sponsored