• Thread starter Deleted member 21141
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Right, because it would be much better for things to go wrong once people get ownership of a vehicle.
Things go wrong, or have you always been perfect in everything you do? It has been what, 2 1/2 months since initial order date for LE’s (think I saw 4/28 somewhere).
Initial order date for LE's was April 3 if you received an invitation...April 4 if you did not. Special orders for non-LEs opened April 26.
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Your order is well within the 8-12 week timeline. Relax. If you honestly can't wait anymore cancel and pick one up on a lot. We are all anxious and not super fond of the delays in specific parts of the process. I think the only ones to be annoyed about are C and shipping status where people have been sitting for 30+ days stagnant.

It'll come. We have all waited this long for Jeep to finally make a new truck. What's a few more weeks? Start bitching after the 12th week goes by :like:

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm on week 9....after week 12 I'm asking for my deposit back and ordering a cooler color than white next year. Guy at work custom ordered a Porsche 911 a year ago and it took 9 weeks to receive it....and it floated on a boat for 3 weeks across an ocean from Germany and it was hand made!! If FCA weren't caught up in lets slam all the dealerships with Sport S model pre-specs then we'd have our cars

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Placed my order on 4/27, and the dealer put the order in on 4/29. So I am at 12 weeks today with no end in site. Stuck in D status because of the steel bumper for 63 days now. I really just want an accurate ETA on when the issue with the steel bumper will be resolved because the late June early July time frame has come and gone. At this point I'm looking at 20 weeks...maybe...

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Do you think dealers got priority over individual orders? That seems a bit messed up to me.

Sponsored

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
my jku was built fast and seems like they where friendlier then as far as giving updates, now im in and out of D and D1 for last 35 days and no one can tell me why,

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Your order is well within the 8-12 week timeline. Relax. If you honestly can't wait anymore cancel and pick one up on a lot. We are all anxious and not super fond of the delays in specific parts of the process. I think the only ones to be annoyed about are C and shipping status where people have been sitting for 30+ days stagnant.

It'll come. We have all waited this long for Jeep to finally make a new truck. What's a few more weeks? Start bitching after the 12th week goes by :like:
Yeah, the Granite LE thing makes bitching hard. I'm disappointed with this process, but how can you gripe a lot when people that ordered almost 4 months ago don't even have a VIN?

I've said it before, I'm not mad, just bummed. Like most people here, I've wanted this thing since I started hearing about them. Truly, I wanted one before I knew they were even a possibility. Always said I'd love a Jeep but I need a pickup. Then I caught wind of development years back.

Remember this?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15100202/2018-jeep-wrangler-pickup-spy-photos-news/

I had to go look to see when it was. Holy moly, that was 3 years ago, and I was searching for info quite a while before those pics started showing up.

This isn't about 12 weeks from order. It's about years of waiting... and then finding out you picked the losing combination that makes you wait some more while all the cool lucky kids are out there playing with their Gladiators.

I just want my Jeep.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
FCA ain't Amazon guys. I've special-ordered many vehicles from different manufacturers and 8-12 weeks is a normal delivery time. Being able to track orders weekly (daily? hourly?) just makes it seem longer...especially when they get stalled at any point in the process. I was afraid I'd never escape D status. But I did after "only" 45 days. I'm on Day 85 and just got my window sticker this morning. The dealer tells me mine is scheduled to be in Albuquerque on Aug. 5 and then needs to travel to the dealer in Cortez, CO. I expect to take delivery very close to the 15-week mark. I'm very happy with that time frame on a completely new product.
Hey saw what looked like yours on Craigslist awhile back... Were you able to sell it?

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I have only one question. I ordered a heavily optioned Rubicon but without the steal bumper and bed liner on 6/6/19 and picked it up on the 2nd of July. SO, WHY ARE SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT ORDERED A LE AND OTHERS STILL WAITING 6-12 WEEKS OR MORE? The only explanation I can think of is a production schedule of model and color. Therefore, if that is true then someone should be able to tell everyone when to expect delivery of their particular truck. My 2 cents!

Sponsored

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
LOLLLLLLLLLLL

i-will-bitch-about-heat-i-will-bitch-about-cold-14670732.png

wch_Chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I have only one question. I ordered a heavily optioned Rubicon but without the steal bumper and bed liner on 6/6/19 and picked it up on the 2nd of July. SO, WHY ARE SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT ORDERED A LE AND OTHERS STILL WAITING 6-12 WEEKS OR MORE? The only explanation I can think of is a production schedule of model and color. Therefore, if that is true then someone should be able to tell everyone when to expect delivery of their particular truck. My 2 cents!
Outside of the late availability colors, I believe most people are waiting because of the steal bumper. If I remember correctly there's a shortage.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Hey saw what looked like yours on Craigslist awhile back... Were you able to sell it?
If you are asking about the Scrambler, yes it was on Craigslist. I sold it for about half the cost of the Gladiator, but not through Craigslist. A doctor in St. George, UT., saw it on KSL classifieds and grabbed it. It went to a very good home and will remain in the dry desert southwest. I hated to let it go (bought it new in 1982) but selling it will now allow me to pay cash for the Gladiator.

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
It could be any verity of parts, I was told I am in JB status for 45 days now because they have no roll up tonneau covers, no reason to delay shipping for option that could have been ship to the dealer when the in stock, of just ask the dealer. to contact buyer if they want the option canceled, Just lack of common sense and competency on FCA part

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Outside of the late availability colors, I believe most people are waiting because of the steal bumper. If I remember correctly there's a shortage.
Hopefully someone did not steal all of the steel bumpers. There are several options that aren't available to order (steel bumpers being one of them), or forced to be added, depending on your configuration.

I think this thread highlighted many of the rumored reasons for delays (BedlinerGate, SteelBumperGate, FrontCamGate, UAWStrikeGate, HailGate, TrainGate, BluetoothGate, PaintGate): https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/bluetooth-speaker-delaying-le-order.18877/.

This thread shows the production schedule for colors: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...availability-dates-start-of-production.16034/. Jeep is falling behind this schedule and not providing updates to the affected folks (Granite LEs that were suppose to start 7/8 but looka like they may not start until August...at the earliest, Punk'N orders didn't open until after the Job 1 date, etc.).

I think you can see from the dozens of threads on this Ordering... section of the forum that everyone is frustrated (for varying reasons) their own order are not moving forward or stuck, and lack of info provided by Jeep.

Personally, 16 weeks after ordering my Granite LE and Jeep still won't give any info about when they may actually start the build process ("may start the end of the month, but no guarantees", which is basically the same line we've been fed for several months now). You would think that "...someone should be able to tell everyone when to expect delivery of their particular truck," but we've found that clearly the opposite is true.
Sponsored

Last edited: