Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I just ordered my first ever brand new pickup truck, a sarge green Willys and I’m stoked about it. I was bummed there was no option for steel bumper group on this package, but it fit my needs and budget best. I haven’t found an aftermarket bumper I like better than the stock Rubicon and am starting my search for one before the truck is even built.

There’s a local 4x4 store (Diamondback 4x4) that gets good reviews in my area. I’ll contact them when they open Monday and see if they have any takeoffs. What should I expect to pay for a new or like new bumper? And what would a fair asking price be for my Willys bumper?

There’s also a Rubi steel front on eBay at $600ish I’m watching now with 2 days to go. Are these a dime a dozen or do I need to grab one when I find one? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Definitely keep an eye out for take-offs ... there weren't any near me over a 3 month period so my patience ran out and I just ordered a new mopar rubicon bumper

https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem...piece-front-bumper-rubicon-version-82215121ad

I just checked the site and it is $875 ... so there is an upper bound ... this assembly also includes the led fogs if that matters to you

One thing to check on the ebay one is whether it is a takeoff or the knock-off (which many people have good things to say about ... the only issues that some have are the front parksense sensor holes and some have reported issues with rust ... the vast majority seem very happy though)

I opted for the mopar bumper over the ebay one strictly because I drive my family around a fair bit and wanted something that had gone through crash testing.

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
I have much better luck on facebook marketplace for jeep parts. Just picked up a steel Rubicon bumper today on there and have seen multiple others as well.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
One thing to check on the ebay one is whether it is a takeoff or the knock-off (which many people have good things to say about ... the only issues that some have are the front parksense sensor holes
Good point. And I think the safety group I ordered will necessitate the sensors, so I’ll need one with holes, or have someone cut them out.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Look on marketplace. A buddy of mine just picked up a steel rubicon bumper for his JL for $300 on marketplace last week in Winston Salem. I've saw a few on there over the past few months.

Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Good point. And I think the safety group I ordered will necessitate the sensors, so I’ll need one with holes, or have someone cut them out.
The front sensors in the bumper are a euro option ... we only get rear sensors in the US ... at least for parksens ... the adaptive cruise is forward facing but is mounted between the rear view mirror and windshield

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Just be careful, the knock-offs are very very similar. That said, the shape isn't quite correct and the stock lights don't just bolt in. Also, if you would want to order the piece to enclose the end for a road trip, you can't with the knockoff, they just don't fit correctly.

If you can lay eyes on the bumper, the easiest way to tell them apart is there are no impact can under the bump outs on the front of the knock-off. The real thing has them. The bolts on the real one are a thicker diameter.

Definitely don't pay OEM price for a knock-off.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Look on marketplace. A buddy of mine just picked up a steel rubicon bumper for his JL for $300 on marketplace last week in Winston Salem. I've saw a few on there over the past few months.
I’m not on Facebook but I’ll see if I can look without an account, thanks. That sounds like a steal. I was braced to pay a grand.

danieljustyn

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
If you do purchase new, I would also suggest to check with your dealership. The bumper sells for $995 but if you login to your Mopar account, they have a 15% coupon available, bringing the price of the bumper down to $846 before tax.

That being said, I've been holding off hoping to snag one off of here or FB marketplace for a way better price.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not on Facebook but I’ll see if I can look without an account, thanks. That sounds like a steal. I was braced to pay a grand.
Rubitrux has some but you will over a $1000 for one from there. They Are great people but they are proud of their Take-offs. I'll keep a look out on marketplace as well, if I see anything I'll PM you on here.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful there is a bunch of Chinese knockoff bumpers on eBay priced a lot lower than the real deal.

Genuine Mopar bumper
Jeep Gladiator Wanting a steel Rubicon front bumper, couple questions _DSC0001.JPG

Knockoff
Jeep Gladiator Wanting a steel Rubicon front bumper, couple questions 1615098808383

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I *think* the one I'm looking at is legit, but the price is almost retail. Not sure on rules regarding posting an Ebay link, but it's the only thing that came up for me. Still, at $670 shipped and needing some paint touch up, I'll keep looking.
@Jeeperjamie appreciate that! I should have a month before the truck comes and I haven't even called the 4x4 place (closed weekends), but if you spot a good price on the real thing, I'll take it.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I paid $900 for a new Mopar bumper from BAM Wholesale, including shipping.

$670 for a used one could be genuine Mopar.

Good luck.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
If you are planning on putting a winch on your MOPAR steel bumper remember you also have to buy a winch plate. Aftermarket bumpers are usually made with integrated winch plates. There are whole threads on bumpers too. Sometimes it takes time to find the right look.