First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP GLADIATOR RUBICON- 2010 JEEP WRANGLER
Occupation
Sales
Returned from family vacation after 10+ days and found water in my New '21 Rubicon Gladiator.

Snow had been removed from windshield, as I used "U-Connect" to start my Jeep while leaving airport to heat it up. After opening the drivers door, I found a pool of water & ice on the drivers side, as well as under the seat and starting to pool in the rear. Drain plugs had never been removed and hard-top is still factory installed (never removed). I purchased new and would not expect this right from the factory....anyone know where I can start the investigation?

History: never leaked during the Summer rains and definitely not after the many "touch-less" vehicle washes that the Jeep has gone through.
Jeep Gladiator Water on drivers floor (3"+) after  rain/sleet/snow 20220102_104555
Jeep Gladiator Water on drivers floor (3"+) after  rain/sleet/snow 20220102_104559
Jeep Gladiator Water on drivers floor (3"+) after  rain/sleet/snow 20220102_104601
Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Do you always park the truck outside? If so, has anything like this happened beforeā€¦even a little water?

Was the truck locked? I always wonder about stuff like this: like maybe was some d!ckhole possibly playing a joke and quickly shoveling half a cubic yard of snow into some poor schmuckā€˜s vehicle??

How much precip has fallen at the airport in question during the period left there? Because thatā€™s a lot of water to just casually enter the cabin.

Just hard to imagine the top being factory-sealed and allowing on this much water in ten days, ya know?

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Do you always park the truck outside? If so, has anything like this happened beforeā€¦even a little water?

Was the truck locked? I always wonder about stuff like this: like maybe was some d!ckhole possibly playing a joke and quickly shoveling half a cubic yard of snow into some poor schmuckā€˜s vehicle??

How much precip has fallen at the airport in question during the period left there? Because thatā€™s a lot of water to just casually enter the cabin.

Just hard to imagine the top being factory-sealed and allowing on this much water in ten days, ya know?
I agree with you on all points, however, I will say that on my old JLU I had a hardtop. I once didnā€™t reseat one of the freedom panels correctly when I put them back on and a bunch of water came leaking on my head while I was driving in the rain. I was really shocked at how much water was coming through. I always paid attention to how they were sealed going forward. Sorry, OP, this really sucks. Hope you get it resolved.

Last edited:

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
OP if I was you I would take it home and start spraying all around with the hose and look for leaks. If you had significant snowfall on the roof is there a chance the weight flexed the roof a bit to create a leak? Was your door shut properly when u left?

OP
OP
JCS81

JCS81

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales

Jeep is 90%+ inside a garage so no, it is not usually outside. It was left at secured lot and locked and nothing was missing from the console.

I did ask the hotel (Hilton) as to how much and reply was a lot of rain/sleet/snow. This happened in Chicago this last weekend.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JCS81

JCS81

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
I agree with you all points, however, I will say that on my old JLU I had a hardtop. I once didnā€™t reseat one of the freedom panels correctly when I put them back on and a bunch of water came leaking on my head while I was driving in the rain. I was really shocked at how much water was coming through. I always paid attention to how they were sealed going forward. Sorry, OP, this really sucks. Hope you get it resolved.
It's in single to teens for temps today and not much higher forecasted for next several days. I might look at the freedom roof panel on drivers side once it warms up. I also have dealer looking into this. Thanks for thread.

OP
OP
JCS81

JCS81

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
OP if I was you I would take it home and start spraying all around with the hose and look for leaks. If you had significant snowfall on the roof is there a chance the weight flexed the roof a bit to create a leak? Was your door shut properly when u left?
Door was completely shut and snowfall was only 3-5" of fluffy snow, weight should not be an issue. I will investigate further as temps warm above freezing. Thanks.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I would say check the alignment of your freedom panels. They must go in opposite of coming out (passenger first/ then driver) If the center lip gets pinched it will leak. My buddies leaked the same due to leaning to the drivers side in the driveway.

OP
OP
JCS81

JCS81

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
I would say check the alignment of your freedom panels. They must go in opposite of coming out (passenger first/ then driver) If the center lip gets pinched it will leak. My buddies leaked the same due to leaning to the drivers side in the driveway.
Much appreciated I will definably investigate this as well.

Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi

brewerydad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Laramie
The warranty will cover new carpet; don't let dealership try to dry out and reinstall wet carpet.

OP
OP
JCS81

JCS81

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Great input, thanks.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Hardtop? I have never had the slightest leak with the Premium Soft top. Iā€™ve seen other posts where owners have actually heard water sloshing in their hard tops. Ugh. Hope you get it figured out and Jeep repairs it at no charge
Sponsored