Sponsored

Well here comes model year # 2 and still no E-Lockers from the "aftermarket".

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Well here comes model year # 2 for the JT and still no E-Lockers from the aftermarket.... Model year #3 or 4 if you include the Wranglers. All the excitement and great improvements in the Gen 3 Dana 44s and still Dana, Mopar, ARB, Detroit and Eaton are just sitting on their asses waiting to get us some options. Business and revenues must be good.
Sponsored

S Kama Do!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
You could give the e-locker out of the colorado's m220 a shot, ac Delco 84366616. The differential in our m210 front and m220 rear appear to be interchangeable, so if the swap works for one it should work for both.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Second model year nothing... the JL is on year #4 and has the same carrier.

With the Colorado's M220, and the JL/JT and Bronco all offering the M210/220 combo, hopefully companies start stepping up. Then again they might not because all of them offer factory lockers that eat into their potential market.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Well here comes model year # 2 for the JT and still no E-Lockers from the aftermarket.... Model year #3 or 4 if you include the Wranglers. All the excitement and great improvements in the Gen 3 Dana 44s and still Dana, Mopar, ARB, Detroit and Eaton are just sitting on their asses waiting to get us some options. Business and revenues must be good.
Interesting that you call out ARB for sitting on their asses when they are the only one offering an aftermarket locker. To my knowledge they have always done air lockers only. And they offer not 1 but 2 different lockers for us (a 32 spline & a 35 spline).

Ox did tell me they would have a locker out for us at some point this month as well.

Also Ox has lockers for all the JL's that didnt come with them.

You cant really count the JL 18 & 19 model years here because they are either a different axle or have a locker from factory.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Interesting that you call out ARB for sitting on their asses when they are the only one offering an aftermarket locker. To my knowledge they have always done air lockers only. And they offer not 1 but 2 different lockers for us (a 32 spline & a 35 spline).

Ox did tell me they would have a locker out for us at some point this month as well.

Also Ox has lockers for all the JL's that didnt come with them.

You cant really count the JL 18 & 19 model years here because they are either a different axle or have a locker from factory.
To my knowledge, the only OX lockers you can get are for the D30/35 JL axles which were largely hold-overs (from a carrier perspective) from the JK.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To my knowledge, the only OX lockers you can get are for the D30/35 JL axles which were largely hold-overs (from a carrier perspective) from the JK.
So? They still offer a locker for everything on the JL platform that didnt come with a locker. It was a couple months ago that I emailed them but they expect the dana 44 advantek locker to be this month. That may of changed though since like the plague & all.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
So? They still offer a locker for everything on the JL platform that didnt come with a locker. It was a couple months ago that I emailed them but they expect the dana 44 advantek locker to be this month. That may of changed though since like the plague & all.
Because the D44 rear in the 4-door doesn't have a locker and no OX unit fits. The only OX units that work are the hold-over units, not like they actually created lockers for any JL let alone all the non-locker models.

I expect they'll have something at some point for the M210/220 and I too received the "we're working on something" response when I asked early this year. Hopefully that is soon because I love their design and I'd love to use their lockers when I do all that work next year.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Because the D44 rear in the 4-door doesn't have a locker and no OX unit fits. The only OX units that work are the hold-over units, not like they actually created lockers for any JL let alone all the non-locker models.

I expect they'll have something at some point for the M210/220 and I too received the "we're working on something" response when I asked early this year. Hopefully that is soon because I love their design and I'd love to use their lockers when I do all that work next year.
Now this may be news to me, but I was under the impression that JL's had D44 ONLY in the Rubicon's. If I am wrong about that then my above statement was incorrect. If it was an optioned item how many of those came with trutrac or some other LSD feature though?

I spoke with ARB & the guy there brought up a good point about Eaton/Detroit & the other ones that work with OEM's.. Quantity.. They need to be producing on a MUCH larger scale then ARB or Ox who cater to just aftermarket. So taking a guess that maybe 3% of buyers will ever upgrade the diff's to include lockers how many of the new Dana 44's were out there before & how many will likely see an upgrade? Until that surpasses however many hundreds of thousands of units that the likes of OEM manufacturers will need were going to be limited. Plus for the sake of eLockers Mopar is selling upgraded axles with no FAD & deeper gears. So whichever elocker manufacturer is making them for Mopar that would be cutting into their own business.

Believe me I would like to see more options, but I understand why there isn't. And my main point was calling out ARB as "just sitting on their asses" when they are the only locker manufacturer doing anything for us is quite bogus.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Now this may be news to me, but I was under the impression that JL's had D44 ONLY in the Rubicon's. If I am wrong about that then my above statement was incorrect. If it was an optioned item how many of those came with trutrac or some other LSD feature though?
From what I've read, if you get the trac-lok option on the Sport (S) or Sahara, you get the M220 narrow like the standard JT axle. The Rubicon has the M220 wide like the JTR and max tow packages.

I spoke with ARB & the guy there brought up a good point about Eaton/Detroit & the other ones that work with OEM's.. Quantity.. They need to be producing on a MUCH larger scale then ARB or Ox who cater to just aftermarket. So taking a guess that maybe 3% of buyers will ever upgrade the diff's to include lockers how many of the new Dana 44's were out there before & how many will likely see an upgrade? Until that surpasses however many hundreds of thousands of units that the likes of OEM manufacturers will need were going to be limited. Plus for the sake of eLockers Mopar is selling upgraded axles with no FAD & deeper gears. So whichever elocker manufacturer is making them for Mopar that would be cutting into their own business.

Believe me I would like to see more options, but I understand why there isn't. And my main point was calling out ARB as "just sitting on their asses" when they are the only locker manufacturer doing anything for us is quite bogus.
I think that's the key issue. So much of the market for this axle already includes lockers as an option. GM twins at the least get the Torsen in the Z71 or AT package. The ZR2 has lockers. Sasquatch package Bronco has lockers and the lower models have the D30/35 combo. Rubicon has lockers. I think the Titan has the M220 as well but they sell so few of those.

The JLU Sahara (in particular kit) and JT are really the only market and those who want lockers are likely to reach for the Rubicon.

So yeah I'll be happy enough if we get ARB and OX into the mix but I was really debating about a locker front and TrueTrac rear. Guess it'll likely be a pair from OX because I like the engangement pin as a backup.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
This is a bummer for the people that legitimately figured they could add lockers/LSD's if they didn't want to go to the full Rubicon. Heck, I miss having a limited slip on the street, I would definitely consider a 2DR Wrangler JL Sport with TrueTracs front and rear to be a great daily driver.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is a bummer for the people that legitimately figured they could add lockers/LSD's if they didn't want to go to the full Rubicon.
This!!! I legitimately bought my Max Tow with the intentions of adding eLockers..

The market will provide, but its the Aftermarket so it wont provide right away.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I want a regular mechanical Detroit, no air lines, no electrical wires. Had them in my D60/D70 CJ, worked well and never let me down.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I want a regular mechanical Detroit, no air lines, no electrical wires. Had them in my D60/D70 CJ, worked well and never let me down.
I'm with you. After burning out locker solenoids on a JK and powerwagon I wanted to go truetracks

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Hey Uparms,
The shop near me (Trail Jeeps) has been putting Eaton E-lockers into aftermarket axles for the JT. The owner of the shop, Wes, told me that the Eaton E-lockers can be wired to the Rubicon switches, and then the switch gear works just like it did from the factory. Because they can use the factory switches, Eaton is now their preference over ARB air-lockers (no need for aftermarket switches and drilling into the dash). You could probably wire the ARB lockers to the factory Aux switches if you have them though.

P.S. I don't work for Trail Jeeps or Eaton. Just trying to pass on some info.
Sponsored