Sponsored

What’s the average age here on the Forum?

How old are you and what Gender?

• Total voters

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Love this post. So accurate on many levels.
I think I fall into your category.
Weekend warrior, daily driver, open air driving with utility. I can afford a vehicle at this stage of life. So why not?
Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Damn. Im 38 and can finally afford a new car. It takes a long time to work your way out of poverty. I got my first car when I was 25. Trying to do everything by bicycle when you're young and live in the mountains is rough. I guess it makes you appreciate what you have but it also pisses me the hell off that it took so long and is so difficult. I really didn't appreciate being homeless and having to steal food multiple times in my life. Especially here in the USA. That just shouldn't be the reality it is for so many.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Pushing 60 HARD! Not going to retire in the near future.
60, the new 50.
Love my Vette, hope I love the JT as much when I get it. Waiting on Sting Grey.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I'm 29. It would be a better decision to not purchase a gladiator, but I have no kids, "own" my house, have a fiance that makes a decent wage, and have no debt other than my home. We're gonna be having kids after we get married next year, so this may be my last opportunity for awhile to make a purchase like this. Might as well enjoy it while I'm young

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Like this post and participated. But as a Marketer I’m not sure the results are anything but predictable based on how the groups are structured.

Constructive feedback would be to set up age groups as follows:
- Less than 25
- 26 to 35
- 36 to 45
- 46 to 55
- 56 to 65
- >65

And also add a category that asks the question on 100% purchase intent over next 12 months.

My presumption is 36-55 is the largest % of the entire group...and 46-55 are the largest % of buyers in next 12 mos (due to price).

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
It's 2019. I can't believe there are only 2 gender options on this poll.
I identify as plywood.
(Please put me in a gladiator)
LMAO, this rocks!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Like this post and participated. But as a Marketer I’m not sure the results are anything but predictable based on how the groups are structured.

Constructive feedback would be to set up age groups as follows:
- Less than 25
- 26 to 35
- 36 to 45
- 46 to 55
- 56 to 65
- >65

And also add a category that asks the question on 100% purchase intent over next 12 months.

My presumption is 36-55 is the largest % of the entire group...and 46-55 are the largest % of buyers in next 12 mos (due to price).
That’s me! Though I’m on the north end of this scale.....

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
36 male, single income family, like long walks on beach, pizza, beer, plywood.

In reverse, like my sexual positional preference.

:blush:

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I'm willing to bet that ownership of the gladiator is going to skew pretty hard when viewed as age versus trim level based on simple economics. You need to have reached a certain non-specific point in your given trade/field/vocation/occupation to afford the relative expense while still maintaining the mortgage, groceries, daycare etc. Kids over time cost more that exotics but we don't freak out because they come with 24 year financing, if I could string out gladiator payments that long it would almost seem free.

The statistical outliers are going to be the single young males who are in high risk high reward occupations; rig pigs, lumber jacking, pipeliners etc where you have a very high wage point, no external expense commitments like houses, spouses/significant others and the like and are in geographic isolation where there is limited outlet for the cash you do want to spend. Yes a huge fraction of these persons will blow a weeks pay at the bar in a weekend but there will be another check next week.

The other outlier is going to be the two income no kids family unit of any alignment, they typically replace children toys and pets and family time gets converted into high cost input hobbies such as rock climbing, parasailing, motorcycling etc. They have typically foregone children as a function of their work environment, viewing both as a detriment to the other ie can't be a high end hedge fund analyst who works 120 hours a week and being a devoted family member who goes to all the school functions and takes the time to slowly help their child with homework.

Now who exactly is jeep marketing to with the gladiator? The basic answer is all three is subtle ways. The cash rich brodozer crowd will gravitate to either the out of the box status of the rubicon or op for the sport and plow all the savings into the LS and dana 60 swap with the godzilla lift kit. It's all about the flash and fury. The Tinks are looking at the overland or the rubicon because they can both be had with some interior plush and swagger and both can stand the riggors of their play time. One might rarely dip a toe into the sport S to build an airstream fundgeon trailer hauler, because dude we are so going to Mavericks and I want a hot shower and a cold beer.

The rest of us fraction out based on out intended end use with heavy thirds going overland or rubicon because we can afford them and this represents a long term investment in time and money to reach "nearly done" status. We like the cachet and will walk it like the man with no name but like the man with no name we will likely be humble in our approaches, valuing quality modifications and upgrades versus peacocking. The other third, the light third will move to the sport S based on better option packages and is looking to build a stand out fun wagon,ready to tackle the beer tap grand prix, wisely foregoing the rubicon because they can always add it on afterwards and tout that they have 50k in mods that's how badass their rig is and if you don't respect that, you don't respect them. There is nothing wrong with dragging a credit card through the catalog and doing it up because before this is was a GTR and before that it was an S2000 and before that it was a Typhoon and before that a 300ZX and on and on. A leveraged toy that gets flipped to recoup to plow into the next toy.

Me, I softroad at least once a week, serious off road twice a year, plow snow when I can and use my utility vehicle as a rolling tool box, workshop, family livery and doer of all fine tasks that might involve dirt or water. Statistically I destroy far more grocery store parking lots than high country trails and the removables are removed for perhaps a week and a half total throughout the year. It's a lot of money to spend to not get naked but when we do nearly everyone enjoys it to the fullest.
Holy Mollies Batman . . . This could be the beginning of my kids "Thesis Paper" ? Longer than most (mine come close sometimes) . . . I had to start skimming through it . I'll try later in earnest to read it all, promise . Thanks for sharing, seriously ! :like:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
36 male, single income family, like long walks on beach, pizza, beer, plywood.

In reverse, like my sexual positional preference.

:blush:
I think I'm in love, PM me if your interested . . . :sun: :involve: :angel:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LOL.... Only 71.8% are identifying as Male or Female......
Go Figure . . . perhaps Steffen707 has the answer . . . after all with new insight via Painted Gator Green toe Nails and all ! ?
Maybe he's conflicted ? :LOL: :CWL: :clap: ;) . . . are you able to comfortably go to town with sock-less flip flops on, and still feel "manly" ? Just Curious, not that I would try this ! ;) :idea: :headbang:
Sponsored