Sponsored

What’s the average age here on the Forum?

How old are you and what Gender?

• Total voters

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
28 Male. Waiting very impatiently for mine to arrive.

I own a 2015 JK on 37's (will be 40's once the Gladiator shows up), Owned a YJ previously, and also ride a 2013 48 sportster.

I'm barely in the "millennial" group, don't really see myself as one.

Millennial my ass :rock:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'm willing to bet that ownership of the gladiator is going to skew pretty hard when viewed as age versus trim level based on simple economics. You need to have reached a certain non-specific point in your given trade/field/vocation/occupation to afford the relative expense while still maintaining the mortgage, groceries, daycare etc. Kids over time cost more that exotics but we don't freak out because they come with 24 year financing, if I could string out gladiator payments that long it would almost seem free.

The statistical outliers are going to be the single young males who are in high risk high reward occupations; rig pigs, lumber jacking, pipeliners etc where you have a very high wage point, no external expense commitments like houses, spouses/significant others and the like and are in geographic isolation where there is limited outlet for the cash you do want to spend. Yes a huge fraction of these persons will blow a weeks pay at the bar in a weekend but there will be another check next week.

The other outlier is going to be the two income no kids family unit of any alignment, they typically replace children toys and pets and family time gets converted into high cost input hobbies such as rock climbing, parasailing, motorcycling etc. They have typically foregone children as a function of their work environment, viewing both as a detriment to the other ie can't be a high end hedge fund analyst who works 120 hours a week and being a devoted family member who goes to all the school functions and takes the time to slowly help their child with homework.

Now who exactly is jeep marketing to with the gladiator? The basic answer is all three is subtle ways. The cash rich brodozer crowd will gravitate to either the out of the box status of the rubicon or op for the sport and plow all the savings into the LS and dana 60 swap with the godzilla lift kit. It's all about the flash and fury. The Tinks are looking at the overland or the rubicon because they can both be had with some interior plush and swagger and both can stand the riggors of their play time. One might rarely dip a toe into the sport S to build an airstream fundgeon trailer hauler, because dude we are so going to Mavericks and I want a hot shower and a cold beer.

The rest of us fraction out based on out intended end use with heavy thirds going overland or rubicon because we can afford them and this represents a long term investment in time and money to reach "nearly done" status. We like the cachet and will walk it like the man with no name but like the man with no name we will likely be humble in our approaches, valuing quality modifications and upgrades versus peacocking. The other third, the light third will move to the sport S based on better option packages and is looking to build a stand out fun wagon,ready to tackle the beer tap grand prix, wisely foregoing the rubicon because they can always add it on afterwards and tout that they have 50k in mods that's how badass their rig is and if you don't respect that, you don't respect them. There is nothing wrong with dragging a credit card through the catalog and doing it up because before this is was a GTR and before that it was an S2000 and before that it was a Typhoon and before that a 300ZX and on and on. A leveraged toy that gets flipped to recoup to plow into the next toy.

Me, I softroad at least once a week, serious off road twice a year, plow snow when I can and use my utility vehicle as a rolling tool box, workshop, family livery and doer of all fine tasks that might involve dirt or water. Statistically I destroy far more grocery store parking lots than high country trails and the removables are removed for perhaps a week and a half total throughout the year. It's a lot of money to spend to not get naked but when we do nearly everyone enjoys it to the fullest.
Good post.

I'm in the 2-income family WITH 3 kids, 1 dog, and 4 cats scenario. Neither the wife or I make a ton of money individually, but combined we are ahead of the U.S. household average. To an economist, my impending lease of this Jeep Gladiator I'm waiting on (or the current lease of the Jeep Wrangler I'm in now) would be a terrible idea. The sticker price on the Gladiator exceeds my current 401k balance. It's a financial advisor's nightmare.

But.. I do have 10 more years until my government pension kicks in, at which point I'll be young enough to start a second brief career. And most importantly, I've seen many friends and family members die before retirement or within a year of retirement. So my motto is be thankful for each day God gives me, and as long as the bills are paid, enjoy life. Hence, I'm going to be smiling like a kid at Christmas the day my new Gladiator is brought into the dealership on the semi-truck.

'Merica

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Well, I don't know were I fit in Cowboy's boxes ... BUT I've been retired 10 years putting me in the oldest group for sure! :LOL: I've owned 7 jeeps and about to make that 8!

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
You forgot to add the other 78 genders to the poll:computerrage::CWL:
I really don't get why there needs to be more than 2 .... crazy college students with nothing better to do (or doing drugs) dreaming this whacked shit up?

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK CRD
28 Male. Waiting very impatiently for mine to arrive.

I own a 2015 JK on 37's (will be 40's once the Gladiator shows up), Owned a YJ previously, and also ride a 2013 48 sportster.

I'm barely in the "millennial" group, don't really see myself as one.

Millennial my ass :rock:
I’m 28 as well and don’t fit the mold of what people think of as far as millennials go but we’re definitely very much in the millennial generation. Early 1980’s till 2000 or so.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I’m 28 as well and don’t fit the mold of what people think of as far as millennials go but we’re definitely very much in the millennial generation. Early 1980’s till 2000 or so.
NO

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
28 male with me only working wife stay at home mom with one kid and another on the way due end of July I barely hit 40k a year with my job job but I make another 20k a year doing side work. I definitely don't see myself as a millennial. I picture the ones about two years younger or so like my siblings to be exactly that lol

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I just want to say that I am 55 and to be put in the same group and an 90 year old, well we could narrow the age groups a little.
Better not complain too much or someone will make a "what prescription glasses do you use to be able to see to drive your gladiator" lol :LOL:

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just send old Bernie a text and get some of that free cash
Lol free cash, I've been in the work force for the last 20 years. Stuff just costs too much in California. Plus have a newborn due in July. Forces me to wait until gator and the diesel option are available at least.

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
I'm willing to bet that ownership of the gladiator is going to skew pretty hard when viewed as age versus trim level based on simple economics. You need to have reached a certain non-specific point in your given trade/field/vocation/occupation to afford the relative expense while still maintaining the mortgage, groceries, daycare etc. Kids over time cost more that exotics but we don't freak out because they come with 24 year financing, if I could string out gladiator payments that long it would almost seem free.

The statistical outliers are going to be the single young males who are in high risk high reward occupations; rig pigs, lumber jacking, pipeliners etc where you have a very high wage point, no external expense commitments like houses, spouses/significant others and the like and are in geographic isolation where there is limited outlet for the cash you do want to spend. Yes a huge fraction of these persons will blow a weeks pay at the bar in a weekend but there will be another check next week.

The other outlier is going to be the two income no kids family unit of any alignment, they typically replace children toys and pets and family time gets converted into high cost input hobbies such as rock climbing, parasailing, motorcycling etc. They have typically foregone children as a function of their work environment, viewing both as a detriment to the other ie can't be a high end hedge fund analyst who works 120 hours a week and being a devoted family member who goes to all the school functions and takes the time to slowly help their child with homework.

Now who exactly is jeep marketing to with the gladiator? The basic answer is all three is subtle ways. The cash rich brodozer crowd will gravitate to either the out of the box status of the rubicon or op for the sport and plow all the savings into the LS and dana 60 swap with the godzilla lift kit. It's all about the flash and fury. The Tinks are looking at the overland or the rubicon because they can both be had with some interior plush and swagger and both can stand the riggors of their play time. One might rarely dip a toe into the sport S to build an airstream fundgeon trailer hauler, because dude we are so going to Mavericks and I want a hot shower and a cold beer.

The rest of us fraction out based on out intended end use with heavy thirds going overland or rubicon because we can afford them and this represents a long term investment in time and money to reach "nearly done" status. We like the cachet and will walk it like the man with no name but like the man with no name we will likely be humble in our approaches, valuing quality modifications and upgrades versus peacocking. The other third, the light third will move to the sport S based on better option packages and is looking to build a stand out fun wagon,ready to tackle the beer tap grand prix, wisely foregoing the rubicon because they can always add it on afterwards and tout that they have 50k in mods that's how badass their rig is and if you don't respect that, you don't respect them. There is nothing wrong with dragging a credit card through the catalog and doing it up because before this is was a GTR and before that it was an S2000 and before that it was a Typhoon and before that a 300ZX and on and on. A leveraged toy that gets flipped to recoup to plow into the next toy.

Me, I softroad at least once a week, serious off road twice a year, plow snow when I can and use my utility vehicle as a rolling tool box, workshop, family livery and doer of all fine tasks that might involve dirt or water. Statistically I destroy far more grocery store parking lots than high country trails and the removables are removed for perhaps a week and a half total throughout the year. It's a lot of money to spend to not get naked but when we do nearly everyone enjoys it to the fullest.
Sponsored