Sponsored

What’s the big deal with the Bestop Sunrider?

jenkij

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I wondered about the color contrast also (Gobi hardtop with black Sunrider). Hasn't been an issue...looks fine to me. I wouldn't let the color issue stop you from enjoying the freedom of the soft top.
Agree, I actually think it looked better on my Jeeps with body colored tops over the black top.
Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Different strokes and all that. I rarely find myself not able to take the panels and put them somewhere if need be... they can always just go in the back seat if I'm driving from work to home. Truly though, I just don't remove them that much... I like to take my doors off, but panels off isn't really that compelling to me... so I won't justify the cost for how little I'd take advantage of it.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Different strokes and all that. I rarely find myself not able to take the panels and put them somewhere if need be... they can always just go in the back seat if I'm driving from work to home. Truly though, I just don't remove them that much... I like to take my doors off, but panels off isn't really that compelling to me... so I won't justify the cost for how little I'd take advantage of it.
Well, clearly you are just wrong.

(j/k)

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Well, clearly you are just wrong.

(j/k)
(c:

I have no hair up top, so I need all the protection I can get to keep the sun away from my scalp. I'm also at 5000' above sea level, so I'm closer to the sun... all this adds up.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Im assuming the chances are roughly 0% of getting one of these in a colored twill? Plan is to get a Sarge green JTR with a color matched hardtop when they are released. The thought of a black Sunrider on a green roof seems goofy to me. However, the thought of an olive greenish top sounds appealing, even though it obviously wouldn't be an exact match.

@Bestop, you hearing this? Make it happen!
I did actually ask Bestop about other colors last Spring, and they replies "no plans to offer other other colors" or words to that effect. But maybe that will change.

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I did actually ask Bestop about other colors last Spring, and they replies "no plans to offer other other colors" or words to that effect. But maybe that will change.
It would be nice if they'd at least do a tan one. I think it could look good with the right color combo. Also should do a full soft top in tan!

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
It would be nice if they'd at least do a tan one. I think it could look good with the right color combo. Also should do a full soft top in tan!
Tan was the specific color I asked them about, because they do make other Jeep tops in tan.

Maybe thy will eventually come around.

Jwc1776

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I got in on the NorthRidge Black Friday deal for the sunrider. I ordered it around 5:00pm ET on Wednesday. It arrived today.

got it installed in about 30min. Wanted to give it a try before the snow comes. Really happy with the purchase. I could not tell much of a noise difference on the interstate. Super quick to take down and put back up. Can’t wait for summer.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I got in on the NorthRidge Black Friday deal for the sunrider. I ordered it around 5:00pm ET on Wednesday. It arrived today.

got it installed in about 30min. Wanted to give it a try before the snow comes. Really happy with the purchase. I could not tell much of a noise difference on the interstate. Super quick to take down and put back up. Can’t wait for summer.
I really want to pick one up, but the price from Northridge4x4 in Canada is bananas ($1,140!! - $100 rebate and $200 gift card = $840 CAD; from US site it works out to $715 CAD) and Northridge4x4 in the US doesn't ship to Canada. I have a mailbox service just across the border in Blaine, WA, but I can't cross the border! :(

I wonder if picking up Jeep parts is considered essential travel...:angel:

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd.
I recently got my Gladiator and plan to buy the Sunrider top in the spring.

Sponsored

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
It takes like 2 seconds to remove or put back on. It's convenient. I have one and enjoy it, but don't care for the way it looks, but the wife drives the car often with the kids and she would never remove the panels herself so here we are. It's a nice piece for those who need the convenience, she'd never go "topless" otherwise lol.

If I was the only one driving it, I wouldn't get one.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
(c:

I have no hair up top, so I need all the protection I can get to keep the sun away from my scalp. I'm also at 5000' above sea level, so I'm closer to the sun... all this adds up.
And that's why you need to combine the SpiderwebShade JTKini top with the Sunrider! :)

BTW...Spidershade is REALLY easy to work with...if you were to go with one, contact them directly and ask if they have any coupon codes...

20200925_104631.jpg

Jwc1776

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Spider shade is a great product. I too suffer from lack of hair on the top of my head and have had spidershades in all my Jeep’s. Will be ordering one for my JT

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
And that's why you need to combine the SpiderwebShade JTKini top with the Sunrider! :)

BTW...Spidershade is REALLY easy to work with...if you were to go with one, contact them directly and ask if they have any coupon codes...

Jeep Gladiator What’s the big deal with the Bestop Sunrider? 20200925_104631
If I were to tick a webshade up there then I wouldn't need the Sunrider anyway, I'd just always have it open. =oP

I have an orange Webshade from my JKU that I never put up (in the 7 years I had it) because I would always leave a top on for the periodic afternoon monsoon. I like the idea of it, but the reality never manifested. It's this experience that lets me know I wouldn't take advantage of the Sunrider.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
If I were to tick a webshade up there then I wouldn't need the Sunrider anyway, I'd just always have it open. =oP

I have an orange Webshade from my JKU that I never put up (in the 7 years I had it) because I would always leave a top on for the periodic afternoon monsoon. I like the idea of it, but the reality never manifested. It's this experience that lets me know I wouldn't take advantage of the Sunrider.
But that's the beauty of the Sunrider. I'm like you...removing the Freedom Tops (or whole thing) is a bigger thing than I usually have budgeted time for but with the Sunrider, it's just two clips and toss it back - reverse when the monsoon comes. It literally takes less than 10 seconds, even with the Spidershade on.

Works splendidly for me...without this I'd be topless WAY less often. And while the Sunrider by itself is great, the Spidershade makes it an "all the time" thing. I get the breeze and a little sun without the sunburn cause if I was any more fairskinned, I'd be clear... :LOL:
Sponsored