Sponsored

What’s your best mod for appearance, comfort, bang for the buck and usability?

OP
OP
Mflowers11

Mflowers11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Hi Alt, 2017 Wrangler, Rcky Mtn
Occupation
Finance
I'm amazed how many people are into the dead pedal... I'd rather have the extra room to move my leg around and stretch. I've never even thought about it in the Gladiator specifically until this thread. My 6 speed TJ doesn't have one either. Or the Ram.
Neither did I, but as I thought about it I sometimes a couple 3-4 hr drives a week, do try to stretch without a good foot rest and I have a bad knee that gets stiff. I think it will be s game changer no matter what I’m driving.
Sponsored

Y-Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm amazed how many people are into the dead pedal... I'd rather have the extra room to move my leg around and stretch. I've never even thought about it in the Gladiator specifically until this thread. My 6 speed TJ doesn't have one either. Or the Ram.
Neither did I, but as I thought about it I sometimes a couple 3-4 hr drives a week, do try to stretch without a good foot rest and I have a bad knee that gets stiff. I think it will be s game changer no matter what I’m driving.
I felt the same when I heard about them with my JKU, once I installed it I loved it. Rented a couple Wranglers in Hawaii and felt lost without have it. Order my MORE Dead pedal on Jan 4... it's finally arriving in 2 days.... I can't wait. I took a 6 hour drive a couple weeks ago, all went well but I know the dead pedal would have made the drive more comfortable.

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave

JeepCode4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Gladiator HA
Appearance - front 1.5" level, 35's, tints
Comfort - Front seat jackers, and a dead pedal. So much better
Bang for the buck - OEM headliner for freedom top
Use ability - Fox performance elite shocks

Sponsored

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
Appearance - LED bulbs for headlights and fog lights

Comfort - Seat Jackers, highly recommend them. They make a huge difference on long trips

Bang for buck - Start X - My Mojave did not come with remote start so this add on was a must. And its cheap and easy to install.

Usability - Tonneau cover, I have the Mopar soft roll up and its great at keeping the bed dry

OP
OP
Mflowers11

Mflowers11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
I’m installing mine on Saturday. I really believe that they have to help.

Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I'll qualify my responses by saying I'm retired (wife still works in the schools) and we are empty nesters. Also, we both have Wranglers for "rock work" so the Gladiator is our overlander.

That said, I'm not sure my responses are applicable to the OP's use case but maybe others reading this are overlanders looking for inspiration...

Appearance: Desert Tan Rhino Armory Wheels - perfectly match the Gobi paint
Jeep Gladiator What’s your best mod for appearance, comfort, bang for the buck and usability? x25_Campin

Comfort: Icon Stage 6 Suspension - probably the best riding suspension I've ever had under a Jeep and way better than the AEV Dualsport XT in my JKUR
Jeep Gladiator What’s your best mod for appearance, comfort, bang for the buck and usability? x32_NewIconShock

Bang for the buck: This one will be odd for most and it is expensive but it has to be my Garmin Tread XL - Overland Edition. We use AllTrails, Trails OffRoad, Gaia, etc. but the Garmin does the same things AND allows 2 way satellite communication. When we head into the wild for a couple of weeks, our family can literally track us on the Garmin website to see where we are and can stay in touch texting through the device.
Jeep Gladiator What’s your best mod for appearance, comfort, bang for the buck and usability? 03_VortexDock

Usability: Goose Gear Rear Seat Delete - i'm not worried about losing 2 seats and makes it nice for storing things that aren't needed (don't want) under the canopy like backpacks, clothes, etc.
Jeep Gladiator What’s your best mod for appearance, comfort, bang for the buck and usability? 05_RearSeatDelet

Cheers!

OP
OP
Mflowers11

Mflowers11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
@HooliganActual That’s amazing! You are right, for me it’s not what I need, YET. But I get about 2 weeks more vaca than my wife so I’m planning to take a trip out west with one of the dogs for light trails and desert fun. Would love a setup like you have but am thinking an off-road teardrop would be better for the pup.

In a couple years when I buy a new work car I’ll be getting this in the pole barn and getting to work on the gears, lockers, a lift and probably the Garmin doodad you have there. Lol. Definitely inspired! Looks great!!

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
@HooliganActual but am thinking an off-road teardrop
I'm right there with you. I retired young (57) and most of our "camping setup" (RTT, kitchen, awning, etc.) was "repurposed" from one of the Wranglers. Being the realist I am, i know that there will come a time where either my wife or I won't be able to climb a ladder to the RTT and the trailer will be the way to go. FWIW, I watched many a YouTuber have to carry a dog up a ladder into an RTT and that doesn't look fun! lol

MacPhaeton

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Gobi Gladiator + 1948 Willy’s + Tiffin Phaeton Motorhome
Occupation
Software Sales
Comfort & Bang - dead pedal (can’t live without it on 4-wheel or long distance drives)
Sponsored