Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Pirate 4x4 was probably one of the worst. I haven't been on there in years don't know if they have cleaned it up or not.
A few years back I tried to find some info there - what I found was bad, and it was a total trash-talk sewer. Everyone spewing out bad info about all sorts of things, because they had done it once and it worked it was obviously the correct way. No one dared point out anything wrong. It was death by a thousand cuts if you even slightly disagreed. Worse than a bunch of drunken sailors when I last checked it out trying to get information.
Sponsored

Tall Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Super Trucker...
A few years back I tried to find some info there - what I found was bad, and it was a total trash-talk sewer. Everyone spewing out bad info about all sorts of things, because they had done it once and it worked it was obviously the correct way. No one dared point out anything wrong. It was death by a thousand cuts if you even slightly disagreed. Worse than a bunch of drunken sailors when I last checked it out trying to get information.
Yeah that pretty much sums it up !

OP
OP
Murgatroid

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Well what do you expect from a Pirate.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Well what do you expect from a Pirate.

aarrrrgggghhhh........

non-pirate: Hey, what's that bird doing on your shoulder?
Pirate: hopefully nothing.

Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I never wanted to be on F.B. where I worked before went in and set-up anyone who didn't have a account. :mad::swear::swear: then started posting the schedule and patrol areas..:facepalm::facepalm: I started a S### storm about that and the fact some A$$ h### started a account with my info. Thanks scumbag for that. I tried to close and delete it but it's there forever! I even tried to get the account closed by F.B. by being a A$$ h###.
I did use it for short time to connect with people who I did know years ago. My mother found my profile that was set up back then and without her having any sense of protected information post happy birthday and other information in open for identity theft.
During deployment I got back to find out I had new C.Cards. while I was overseas and had just requested to raise limits.
So I haven't been on it in years and don't miss it.
That let alone any D. Bag can say anything but if you don't agree you can be put in F.B. jail or what ever.
F.B. and WeChat and the others are garbage and another control measure to enslave minds. F.B. is just one of the "West" ones
I'll tell you what Facebook (as bad as it is) is nothing compared to wechat. Do some research on wechat and have your eyes opened.

It is far worse for different ways and for different reasons. It is the ultimate surveillance and control tool. You cant really live life without it and that is how they want it. Everything goes through it. Other web sites, business, your location, what you eat, what you buy. All databased for the kind gentle eyes of the regime to process and look for patterns etc etc.

Now, let's be clear. Wechat is mandated by the Chinese government for their people. Facebook is a business.

But if anyone thinks that Facebook would not funnel everything you do and say through their platform if they could, you would be sorely wrong.

China = control
Facebook = profit

Different goals. Same methods.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I quit Facebook years ago. I only pop on it to get certain info for my kids school’s Facebook group.

Sometimes forums are not much better. I love pretty much any offroad vehicle and belong to multiple forums. I was in the 4Runner forum and am still in the Bronco6g forum. God forbid you mention another brand vehicle in one of those Forums. It's as if you have to pick a brand and be a D!ck about it.

I was just on the Bronco forum, discussion about a future bronco truck, which would be a cool truck. Mentioned I had a Gladiator and people proceeded to loose their minds to tell me how ugly the Gladiator truck was. You wouldn't say that to someone's face, you know. You would be polite. I don't care if people don't like the look of my chosen vehicle but don't be a D about it. If your friend shows up at your house with a new truck, you would be happy for them, even if you don't like the truck. You wouldn't say it's hideous.

The 4Runner forum is just full of gate keepers. Instead of enjoying some good discussions, I ended up just using the site for searching info. Every topic turned into a turd sandwich. The Mods were the main part of the sandwich. Last time I was on there was to see what people were saying about the Bronco. Same old thing, 4Runner reliable, every other vehicle explodes after a few hundred miles.

This group is the best so far. Nice people, mods remove political talk (Thank God), and great info.

I got to go now. I need to start a new post about what are the biggest tires I can fit on my Rubicon without a lift.

4fp34c.jpg

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
People don’t know how to search. Gets old seeing the same 4 questions asked 30 times a day. Forums like this get way less traffic because it’s a dinosaur design. Altho as a forum this site has pretty progressive software.

Sponsored

jbmdux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
most time searching forums, including one using the same engine as this one, are exercises in futility. Doing a search in fields where free form text is allowed, is guessing game.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
most time searching forums, including one using the same engine as this one, are exercises in futility. Doing a search in fields where free form text is allowed, is guessing game.
Yes. That may be one reason "the same 4 questions asked 30 times a day". Another is laziness. Another is most threads get hijacked after a while, so rather than wade through all that its easier to start a new thread.

RVcruzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Wrangle Unlimited Rubicon
I'm an administrator on the TiffinrvNetwork forum. I se the same thing there. Tiffin owners have a Facebook page but it's the same situation as on here. The only useful information and courteous dialog is on the forums, not Facebook.