Sponsored

What are people doing with the big blank dash area in front of the passenger?

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
After having that airbag deploy to protect my girlfriend when we got hit, I won't be putting anything on that panel at all on the new truck. The panel splits right down the middle of that to allow the bag to pop out.

IMG_2731.JPG

IMG_3176.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG
Sponsored

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
Ouch! Hope all are OK? Repairable or a new Jeep on order?

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Ouch! Hope all are OK? Repairable or a new Jeep on order?
Thanks! Girlfriend has a tweaked back / neck, I foot slipped off the brake pedal at impact and I rolled my ankle pretty good. Old truck was totaled, new truck I just picked up 2 weeks ago and just dropped it off at the Port in Seattle for shipping to Hawaii.

Sponsored

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow; 2020 Chevy Silverado Duramax 3500
I wouldn’t worry about putting a sticker on the dash. If you really think that will prevent the airbag from deploying you have never seen or experienced the power of an airbag. It will not stop it. That said, it would not be wise to apply something metal or anything you wouldn’t want buried in your face or that may be so strong as to prevent proper deployment of the airbag.

Sponsored

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Ok, I give up. What is it, besides "Bigfoot dolly-towing a Gladiator"? Must be more to the story...
I have this on the outside too. Just a continuation of the bigfoot.

Jeep Gladiator What are people doing with the big blank dash area in front of the passenger? 20201010_163330

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I wouldn’t worry about putting a sticker on the dash. If you really think that will prevent the airbag from deploying you have never seen or experienced the power of an airbag. It will not stop it. That said, it would not be wise to apply something metal or anything you wouldn’t want buried in your face or that may be so strong as to prevent proper deployment of the airbag.
I did experience it, and because I did, I won't be putting anything on that panel.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Depends how much you like your passenger.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I was Going to use it for trip/trail decals, but ended up with an Overland, so I have the leather dash...
Sponsored