Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well not really something done with my JT today of sorts... but Monday I was using it as a landmark for ambulance to identify to pick me up. Emergency room then to Emergency surgery total of 3 days in hospital.
Got back home late Wednesday, to just be able to get in the driver's seat for awhile not driving though.
Well a quick little project since released from hospital.

20230324_105141.jpg
Sponsored

Freems

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Retired
installed the Xsporter and basket and put in ARB fridge and the group 31 battery in the bed as well. Started fabing up a rack for them to attach to the forward tie downs bolt holes. I’ll post some more pics as I get it finished.

E4DB55E0-1A21-47C7-A0E1-9D17FF2F7C74.jpeg

6D1ADEDC-D75C-4FE4-A512-C220A16FC9E4.jpeg

Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.
First real bath, outside of some rains, in two months since detailing.
Warmer weather is here, and that means top and doors off soon, but also bugs. All the bugs.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 8986D844-0B88-4ACB-8ABD-26E544BDE998
the bugs are the worst part of warmer weather, just try to keep your lips together on rides so you don't get bugs in your teeth.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Couldn’t agree more. I wish more manufacturers gave options. FedEx is the worst carrier in the world. My employer uses them. The stories I could tell you about their service would make your head explode. I guess it comes down to money. As long as a company is saving more in shipping than they lose from crappy shippers like FedEx, why change.
From what I understand there’s ground and home delivery. One of those options use contractors under the FeEx name. It’s supposedly the contractors that are the shit heads. Maybe someone here knows more about the details and can verify or correct me.
My FedEx guy here in Missouri is fantastic. He's a regular and we know him by name. We also get many other FedEx packages by the contract carriers and haven't ever had an issue. UPS has been mostly good but we've definitely had unusual delays with them.

Y-Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My FedEx guy here in Missouri is fantastic. He's a regular and we know him by name. We also get many other FedEx packages by the contract carriers and haven't ever had an issue. UPS has been mostly good but we've definitely had unusual delays with them.
I've read some concerning things about the hub in Troutdale, Oregon - a lot has to do with trouble of attracting and keeping staff, and related to the very very relaxed drug laws in Oregon now. I see package arrive, leave and return to Troutdale 2-3 times before getting delivered - I really have no idea why but it's beyond frustrating. Reddit users talked about large numbers employees not passing drug tests to operate forklifts or drive causing major problems. No matter the cause behind it, when a package goes through Troutdale I can almost guarantee it will add another day or two to their delivery date. The big issue for me is the near impossible ability to talk to a human, let alone one that can converse in English and the constant lack of ontime delivery. The local FexEd woman is great, totally not her fault. But I cringe when I see a FedEx package coming my way.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I've read some concerning things about the hub in Troutdale, Oregon - a lot has to do with trouble of attracting and keeping staff, and related to the very very relaxed drug laws in Oregon now. I see package arrive, leave and return to Troutdale 2-3 times before getting delivered - I really have no idea why but it's beyond frustrating. Reddit users talked about large numbers employees not passing drug tests to operate forklifts or drive causing major problems. No matter the cause behind it, when a package goes through Troutdale I can almost guarantee it will add another day or two to their delivery date. The big issue for me is the near impossible ability to talk to a human, let alone one that can converse in English and the constant lack of ontime delivery. The local FexEd woman is great, totally not her fault. But I cringe when I see a FedEx package coming my way.
thats crazy. I have been seeing some of the fastest delivery times i ever have. most amazon things seem to get here within days.

this was ordered on tuesday. It was supposedly out of stock with a shipment time of 30 days. It arrived thursday afternoon. Still waiting on the rest that supposedly will be here monday. Well see if it is the complete order or not though
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 64D5C523-01CD-4A23-AF8C-18D1EE95B6C9

Y-Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
@chorky I'm honestly jealous, I wish I didn't hate FedEx so much. UPS is great and well USPS is mostly good, but FedEx here in the State of Washington & Oregon is so bad these days.

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
@chorky I'm honestly jealous, I wish I didn't hate FedEx so much. UPS is great and well USPS is mostly good, but FedEx here in the State of Washington & Oregon is so bad these days.
Everything there is bad 😅 It's why I left - kidding. But I do feel your pain. Only recently has products here arrived so fast. I have a feeling there must be a warehouse local that just happens to have what I order.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
More progress on the power step process.

The wiring harness install on a Gladiator is 1,000% easier than on a 4xe Wrangler. ZERO comparison! You can reach up and over and feed the harness across the cross member without any need of fishing it through, you can see the cross member, you can reach above it to strap the harness to it, it's just plain totally different. The 4xe you can only see about 4" of the cross member and it's blocked on both sides from reach up onto it. I can't stress enough how much easier it is to wire the JT up for these than the 4xe was. It took minutes to get the harness in place on this truck compared to a heck of a lot more time and effort on a 4xe where you can't even reach most of the cross member and have to fish it through.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20230324_162326394.MP

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20230324_162337320

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20230324_162357715

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20230324_223427421

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20230324_223432204

Bolts and nuts not tight, just started, when I stopped for the day.......

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20230324_223451884.MP

Last edited:

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
More progress on the process.

The wiring harness install on a Gladiator is 1,000% easier than on a 4xe Wrangler. ZERO comparison! You can reach up and over and feed the harness across the cross member without any need of fishing it through, you can see the cross member, you can reach above it to strap the harness to it, it's just plain totally different. The 4xe you can only see about 4" of the cross member and it's blocked on both sides from reach up onto it. I can't stress enough how much easier it is to wire the JT up for these than the 4xe was. It took minutes to get the harness in place on this truck compared to a heck of a lot more time and effort on a 4xe where you can't even reach most of the cross member and have to fish it through.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20230324_223451884.MP

Bolts and nuts not tight, just started, when I stopped for the day.......

Man I really want a pair of those but between how heavy they are, and the body bolt issues - it has me nervous.

Have you thought more about how to deal with that busted bolt?

Chaos Theory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I'll post a pic when I have a cool mountain backdrop or something... Today I had installed front/rear steel bumpers w/winch, light bar, full belly skid, 1.5 inch front spacer to compensate for bumper/winch, adjustable lower control arms w/skids, mudflaps. Added a couple hundred pounds, curious to see how bad the mileage is now...