RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
well that's cool.

You into wood working i'm guessing TRex?
Nope, handyman mag likes to email me, every once in a while they have something cool. I actually am not very good with wood, more like a mechanical wiz kid
Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Gotta be some saying about if you can't fix it with a hammer or screwdriver it's too complicated or something?

Ideally, one boy would be a cardiologist, and the other an attorney, but I'll settle for anything more than living in my basement forever.
This is what the gif is from, funny as hell.

I make 54k a year, not alot but enough that I'm not in my parents basement. I imagine when I have a wife and kids someday I'm gonna need a better paying job.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
This is what the gif is from, funny as hell.

I make 54k a year, not alot but enough that I'm not in my parents basement. I imagine when I have a wife and kids someday I'm gonna need a better paying job.
i loved top gear. haven't watched 2nd+ seasons of grand tour yet.

hey @DMoney can you look at my other thread in the "lounge" section? ugh.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I noticed some days ago how it looks like you live in a log cabin, always loved the idea of living in a log cabin, may actually get one some day. Need to find the right piece of land for it though. Already have some plans in mind.
? . . . Walden Pond ?

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I got my art, drafting, and architecture merit badges.
nah. . .nah nah . . . nah nah nah ! Bet ya I made Eagle Scout 40 years BEFORE You ! 'architecture merit badge' ? Calling you out bro . . . FAKE NEWS !

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
nah. . .nah nah . . . nah nah nah ! Bet ya I made Eagle Scout 40 years BEFORE You ! 'architecture merit badge' ? Calling you out bro . . . FAKE NEWS !
Architecture merit badge was one of the original 57 merit badges from 1911.
https://meritbadge.org/wiki/index.php/Architecture

It was like the 3rd merit badge I earned. I had 3 eagle palms, Brotherhood member of the Order of the Arrow. Got to go to a national Jamboree around 1997 that was pretty fun.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Proof? This hangs in my office at work
1999 is when I got mine.
1552682790777267572885306542382.jpg

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Proof? This hangs in my office at work
1999 is when I got mine.

1552682790777267572885306542382.jpg
Couldn't tell I was being a "smart ass" ? Steph . . . shame on you, finding the need to BRAG on live tv ! :LOL:
ps; congratulations though . . . i'd show you my scout uniform, but it's long gone . I do have a photo of me & mom when I was a cub-scout and she was my den mother ! Only reason I have it is cause when she past away ('83), I got to go through some of her things and keep a few - this was just a month before I started my Navy Career, so I didn't have any place or forethought to take more ! I haven't digitized it though - but I can, sort of like I did with the VAN photo.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't tell I was being a "smart ass" ? Steph . . . shame on you, finding the need to BRAG on live tv ! :LOL:
ps; congratulations though . . . i'd show you my scout uniform, but it's long gone . I do have a photo of me & mom when I was a cub-scout and she was my den mother ! Only reason I have it is cause when she past away ('83), I got to go through some of her things and keep a few - this was just a month before I started my Navy Career, so I didn't have any place or forethought to take more ! I haven't digitized it though - but I can, sort of like I did with the VAN photo.
Lol, I thought you were serious and got your eagle. Yeah that eagle scout project at 16 was super hard. Glad my dad kept pushing me to complete it.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lol, I thought you were serious and got your eagle. Yeah that eagle scout project at 16 was super hard. Glad my dad kept pushing me to complete it.
True Confessions ? No I "grew out" of the being a "boy scout" before that could happen . I did however make 1st Class .
Wow, typing that just gave me a chill . . . time for more personal true confessions ! I was unable to make Chief Petty Officer during my 20 year Navy Career - it was my GOAL to do so when I decided to Join ! Major health issue and subsequent mental issue got in the way . 15 1/2 yrs in, at age 48, I had an Aortic Aneurysm about a foot off the top of my heart (aorta). Should of killed me, but I'm a stubborn pro-lifer I guess and managed to survive not just the 1st 6+ hr operation, but the 2nd one a short time later (from the recovery room) where 2 male nurses saw me struggling to get their attention -- It was,"looks like we got a bleeder" -- I passed out and then I woke the next day in my Hospital room !
Gee, all this because I didn't make Eagle Scout ? :headbang: ugh ! :(. Never had the "desire" (that mild depression thing that I blame on the experience of nearly dying I guess?) ! So, I "settled for (again) 1st Class Petty Officer in retirement . So they'll be burying me in my Dress Blues instead of Dress Kaki's ! Like I'm gonna notice right ?
. . . and now you know "the Rest of The Story" !
P1000481.JPG

Well there I am - somewhere about '60/'61 ? Note the cool cars - I think maybe they where Chryslers ? I think my mothers friend had a Plymouth Fury ? I was such a good boy -- good boy . . . time for a treat ! Let's go get an ice cream ! :)

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
. . . and now you know "the Rest of The Story" !
I'm Paul Harvey.....Good Day.

wow, glad you made it through that cardiac trouble. Need to enjoy that pension!

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm Paul Harvey.....Good Day.

wow, glad you made it through that cardiac trouble. Need to enjoy that pension!
Thanks . . . seems like a long time ago - Sept. 1999 - Just when I was thinking about Partying with Prince, bam ! :facepalm: .
Ya know I tried for the longest time to remember Paul Harvey's name and I couldn't do it . . . he was an Icon . . . and I'm not referring to suspensions, though Paul sure could keep us all "in suspension" waiting for his, ". . . Good Day." ! :)
Sponsored