Sponsored

What happened? Official Mopar doors-off side mirrors

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Whatever happened to the Mopar official doors-off side mirror kit announced back in October? There was a bit of buzz around Jeep finally offering a side mirror solution to driving with the doors off because the upcoming Ford Bronco would have side mirrors mounted to the A-pillar instead of the removable doors.

But I've seen no reviews on these mirrors. Only one photo of them seems available on the interwebs. No one is discussing them. YouTube has nothing. Heck, even a $8 Chinese-made stubby radio antenna gets 24 YouTube videos made that review it. Anyone purchase the Mopar official doors-off kit? Anyone? ? How well do they perform? How secure is the mounting? Anyone? Bueller?

Jeep Gladiator What happened? Official Mopar doors-off side mirrors 1614514552823
Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Whatever happened to the Mopar official doors-off side mirror kit announced back in October? There was a bit of buzz around Jeep finally offering a side mirror solution to driving with the doors off because the upcoming Ford Bronco would have side mirrors mounted to the A-pillar instead of the removable doors.

But I've seen no reviews on these mirrors. Only one photo of them seems available on the interwebs. No one is discussing them. YouTube has nothing. Heck, even a $8 Chinese-made stubby radio antenna gets 24 YouTube videos made that review it. Anyone purchase the Mopar official doors-off kit? Anyone? ? How well do they perform? How secure is the mounting? Anyone? Bueller?

Jeep Gladiator What happened? Official Mopar doors-off side mirrors 1614514552823
We moved back to the Midwest just in time for winter, otherwise you would have seen a review by me. My intention is to buy them as a birthday gift for myself in early April near the time I might be able to take the doors off from time to time until summer hits.

OP
OP
CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
I have them. Not installed yet though
Thank you. My main question is: can you put the doors back on and still use these body-mounted mirrors? Or, do they utilize the hinge for the door and, therefore, require you to remove the mirrors when you put the doors back on?

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Thank you. My main question is: can you put the doors back on and still use these body-mounted mirrors? Or, do they utilize the hinge for the door and, therefore, require you to remove the mirrors when you put the doors back on?
The latter....

Sponsored

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
The bracket with the light on it and the part that actually holds the mirror, is that one piece and needs to bolt at all four spot plus the door for the mirror? Can you go without the light mount? I bought the Rugged Ridge snorkel, curious if I can still use this mirror setup. Thanks.

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
There are plenty of other non Mopar aftermarket setups for mirrors. A few that mount to the cowl bolts as well so you wouldn't have to remove them to put doors back on. Having seen a few JKs that ran the A-pillar windows...it always looked goofy with two sets of mirrors near the pillar when the doors were back on.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
These caught my eye initially as well as was even in camp thinking that Ford went the right way with a fender mount.

Now, not so much. Today the Jeep has a ton of options you can do with the cowl area and A pillar (light bars,etc) that companies are going to have to design around the Ford mirrors.

Right now I am enjoying the best of all worlds. Doors on — OEM mirrors. Tube doors on —- excellent aftermarket mirrors installed. Doors completely off — excellent options that easily mount. All 3 options and I don’t have to think or worry about that area over run by the OEM mirror set up. And the set up is very easy and quick to change between all 3.

It may just be me, by I prefer to have the ability to be as flexible as possible. Especially in areas where there will be additional items added. Mind you, I haven’t seen options from Ford yet. The afermarket will come to party I am sure with no issues.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Oh. Bummer. Was hoping for a more permanent solution that makes pulling off doors easier without having to keep switching mirrors. Thanks for info, though. Look forward to your review.
I swear it is the goal of FCA to make the teardown process of a jeep as hard as possible, lol. When I saw these there was even a description indicating they might be like quadratec's mirror movers they had for the JK.

I am still completely confused how they would release this product that doesn't even work with mopar tube doors. I thought for sure this would be a response to the bronco when I saw it
Sponsored