Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
Here is a new one ( I think.)
Like most of you I’m guessing, you found this forum through google. I bought the truck and wanted to lift it, so googled for info. This site came up first…big mistake. Long story short, once upon a time I had a gladiator and a $3000 wish list.

Things I wanted to do before this site:
1: small sensible lift
2: larger tires
3: front bumper
4: side steps

things this forum has cost me:
1: voswitch
2: intake
3: tonneau
4: more lighting
5: front lower control arms
6: rear track bar relocation bracket
7: front lower track bar
8: four new shocks
9: a different lift (after 5 weeks)
10: rokbloxz

things this forum will cost me
In the next few weeks/months
1: limitless rear badge
2: Mojave orange trim jeep logo fender badges
3: exhaust
4: 4.56 gearing
5: sunrider
6: hot heads liner
7: rear bumper LED
8: oracle rear brake lights
9: that expensive clear freedom top panel thing

things it hasn’t cost me yet:
1: marriage

Curious what Limitless badge you got. The grey is a little off from the Mopar badges for the fender and I was thinking of taping off the orange and lightly dusting it with a darker grey.

Jeep Gladiator What has this forum cost you? 53A910B1-E2BD-42DA-B43C-3069AADD9456
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Outside of the parts I never knew I wanted let alone needed. I would say the forum has cost me some of the optimism I originally had when I said hell yeah a Gladiator!
I still am excited every time I sit behind the wheel but reading so many stories about issues and concerns so many people have, and are having, I tend to brag less than I did a year ago.
I wouldn't change my mind about pulling the trigger on mine but I do overthink EVERYTHING much more.
The JT is still an infant. There are going to be issues. They basically took JL parts and threw them on a truck. Some things are not going to work the same.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
So far I've spent approx $550 on the following:

Old School Large Jeep Lettering
Mohave Gas Hood Struts
41.22 Hitch Slider
Add on Tow Mirrors and Adapter Set
Adjustable Cargo Bar
Suicide Spinner for the Steering wheel

The really big expenses will come after I finally get mine.

My wife actually thinks we'll be doing home improvements next year---silly girl :giggle:

OP
OP
USMC-SSGT

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Curious what Limitless badge you got. The grey is a little off from the Mopar badges for the fender and I was thinking of taping off the orange and lightly dusting it with a darker grey.

Jeep Gladiator What has this forum cost you? 53A910B1-E2BD-42DA-B43C-3069AADD9456
This is helpful as I haven’t ordered this yet. I’m on the fence between how much orange accent I want. Right now it’s got chrome overland badging over granite crystal…that won’t work. I may end up just going flat black out on those since I have orange D rings, front traction bar, and rokblox logo. I wanted the fender badging you have pictured here but may hold off (been hesitant because they also want like $25 to ship them.)
Still think I want the same limitless badge as you for the accent, but not certain how that grey will go with granite crystal, May just go black out with that. I could then add on the Mojave fender logos.

…and this believe it or not is the kind of stuff that keeps me up at night.

Sponsored

MarkyMark80

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
This is helpful as I haven’t ordered this yet. I’m on the fence between how much orange accent I want. Right now it’s got chrome overland badging over granite crystal…that won’t work. I may end up just going flat black out on those since I have orange D rings, front traction bar, and rokblox logo. I wanted the fender badging you have pictured here but may hold off (been hesitant because they also want like $25 to ship them.)
Still think I want the same limitless badge as you for the accent, but not certain how that grey will go with granite crystal, May just go black out with that. I could then add on the Mojave fender logos.

…and this believe it or not is the kind of stuff that keeps me up at night.
I havent taken delivery on mine yet, but I have the Overland Chrome badges on Sting Grey...same, that just doesnt look right.

Shipping on the Mopar badges wasnt bad. I'll see if I can find the link but I got the 2 plus shipping for maybe $60ish total. I'm debating dusting the Limitless badge with a darker silver, but don't want to risk messing up $119 😨 Worst case scenario I screw it up and black it out.

**edit** Actually I'm thinking about this all wrong! Why would I paint the larger more expensive badge? I'll lighten up the Jeep logo. Less risky if I screw it up, its smaller as well so probably easier to blend.

Last edited:

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Best thread title of the year, I immediately laughed when I read it the title.

Last edited:

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
This forum has saved me money on group buys for things I wanted to get for the Gladiator. I wonder how people can afford to do a 3" plus lift, new wheels, tires, etc. the first week they get it. Love the vehicle and seeing what everyone else is doing, just don't have the bucks to get it done as fast as I want.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
It's like the gas mileage.

I. Don't. Want. To. Know.

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Yeah, it’s everyone on this forums fault. I don’t appreciate all your encouragement to spend endless amounts of money on my JT. It’s very rude.

But my JT does look sick with all its upgrades… ;)

Where you have convinced me to spend my future money:

Metalcloak 3.5” ride right
37” tires and new wheels
ARB onboard air

I’ll never put another upgrade on after these. I promise…

OP
OP
USMC-SSGT

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
This forum has saved me money on group buys for things I wanted to get for the Gladiator. I wonder how people can afford to do a 3" plus lift, new wheels, tires, etc. the first week they get it. Love the vehicle and seeing what everyone else is doing, just don't have the bucks to get it done as fast as I want.
It’s all relative. I’m fortunate to have the discretionary funding to do what I want with the truck… but know enough not to blindside my wife in the first month.

I did: lift, wheels and tires, steps and bumper right away.

next up was some more suspension components I knew I’d need “it’s all in the name of safety, THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!”

little things under $250 she doesn’t notice so those have been sprinkled in.

Now, 4.56 gears will take some work. I’ll likely just wait and do that in the spring. I’ll plant the seed and water it till it grows into a mature re gear.

same with the sun rider- it’s fall in New England so can put that off. But that and new tube doors, that’s for her and the kids obviously. She just doesn’t know that yet.

OP
OP
USMC-SSGT

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I’ll never put another upgrade on after these. I promise…
Same… no way I’ll EVER want 37s…and fancy falcon shocks for $500 each?! I’ll likely maybe never do those. Possibly.

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
Nothing.

This site has provided me information I need to make more informed decisions about things I was going to buy anyways.

So really it's saved me money because I don't have to buy things twice due to getting the wrong thing the first time.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Same… no way I’ll EVER want 37s…and fancy falcon shocks for $500 each?! I’ll likely maybe never do those. Possibly.
Actually, I’ll probably want some stickers, just to add a little horse power to it. Two things things that add horse power to your gladiator, cleaning it and a few stickers.
Sponsored