Sponsored

What is everyone seeing? Below Invoice and rates?

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I was looking at a rubicon basically loaded. Listed at $63,675. Emailed an offer of 55, told them I was ready to buy, and never heard back. Talked to a guy that worked there and he said they’ve been completely dead so I was surprised to hear nothing.
Did you pick up the phone and speak to someone. Either your email went to spam, or someone that is no longer employed at the dealer. They should jump at that offer.
Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
I got a little over 5k off MSRP/sticker but they were the only dealer with any sports with Max tow. This was at lithia jeep of Reno. They knew the max tow was a hooking point and no dealer could order me one in a timely manner which they also knew.

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery, 392 Daytona, JK
Did you pick up the phone and speak to someone. Either your email went to spam, or someone that is no longer employed at the dealer. They should jump at that offer.
I was responding to their salesman’s email. Went to another dealer and their salesman texted me. I sent him a picture of their gladiator I liked and all the guy responded was that it was his favorite they had on the lot. Seems I’ll have to sell one to myself.

That dealer has a rubicon listed at ~$59 that is just missing the metal bumper and tonneau cover. Not sure what I should offer but the guy said in person weeks ago they could put the metal bumper on any that don’t currently have it without much trouble

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
So what is everyone in your area seeing right now for prices below invoice? (before any rebates)

Also, what kind of rates / term lengths are people seeing as well??
I just picked up an Overland here from Mac Haik in Houston (Katy) sticker was 52k and got it for just under 38k (AFTER back and forth about that stupid tracker/nitrogen/tint crap they make you buy). So 14k -or 27% off!. I was looking at the Sport S, but the Overlands are 8k off MSRP with 4k in factory incentives, and it worked out cheaper to get one with leather, matching top/fenders, upgraded stereo, and tow package (not max tow). Once you get past the overpriced "add ons" they still have unbelievable deals. No where here in TX would match them except Greenville in Dallas, but they had that stupid tracker/nitrogen crap as well. I had to finance with them (to get all incentives) and the rate sucked at 4.5, but after two payments, I can switch to my credit union which is giving me 3.25.

teleportJeep

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
I just picked up an Overland here from Mac Haik in Houston (Katy) sticker was 52k and got it for just under 38k (AFTER back and forth about that stupid tracker/nitrogen/tint crap they make you buy). So 14k -or 27% off!. I was looking at the Sport S, but the Overlands are 8k off MSRP with 4k in factory incentives, and it worked out cheaper to get one with leather, matching top/fenders, upgraded stereo, and tow package (not max tow). Once you get past the overpriced "add ons" they still have unbelievable deals. No where here in TX would match them except Greenville in Dallas, but they had that stupid tracker/nitrogen crap as well. I had to finance with them (to get all incentives) and the rate sucked at 4.5, but after two payments, I can switch to my credit union which is giving me 3.25.
That is a great deal. Here in southern CA most I seen on an overland fully loaded ~5K off MSRP + 2K incentives. Some offer more discounts, but play games on adding dealer install options.

Sponsored

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That is a great deal. Here in southern CA most I seen on an overland fully loaded ~5K off MSRP + 2K incentives. Some offer more discounts, but play games on adding dealer install options.
I'm from Newport, bought my JKU at HB Jeep, family still lives there. When I was looking a couple of days ago I saw quite a few for 10-11k off at their website. Just checked and they have 5-6 at over 10k off. There appears to be a 2 k rebate from Chrysler they are not applying, its called "southwest market rebate" i think CA is in the southwest too. These new rebates started on April 1. They are about an hour and a half north of you at Beach and 405.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm from Newport, bought my JKU at HB Jeep, family still lives there. When I was looking a couple of days ago I saw quite a few for 10-11k off at their website. Just checked and they have 5-6 at over 10k off. There appears to be a 2 k rebate from Chrysler they are not applying, its called "southwest market rebate" i think CA is in the southwest too. These new rebates started on April 1. They are about an hour and a half north of you at Beach and 405.
Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 2.31.11 PM.jpg

teleportJeep

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
I sure did gave them a call last week.
when you are ready to buy, they tell you that those prices don’t include a $3900 appearance dealer package...

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I sure did gave them a call last week.
when you are ready to buy, they tell you that those prices don’t include a $3900 appearance dealer package...
Let me guess, Some sort of knockoff lojack, back tinted windows, nitrogen in the tires and rock sealant film? They pulled that crap on me at Mac Haik as well. I started off with their package and cut it in half and asked them to negotiate. MH had it listed for 36825, with a sticker of 50k + 3k in their add ons.- I said make me a deal for under 38k and I'll sign today. They added another 1k to my trade in and knocked off the price of the Nitrogen (200) and somehow we were able to get it down to just under 38k. It's worth a try, I did it all by the phone and text. Besides that dealer sells more jeeps than anyone in the US, they get serious volume discounts, And with CA lockdown being super restrictive, they have zero traffic right now.

teleportJeep

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Let me guess, Some sort of knockoff lojack, back tinted windows, nitrogen in the tires and rock sealant film? They pulled that crap on me at Mac Haik as well. I started off with their package and cut it in half and asked them to negotiate. MH had it listed for 36825, with a sticker of 50k + 3k in their add ons.- I said make me a deal for under 38k and I'll sign today. They added another 1k to my trade in and knocked off the price of the Nitrogen (200) and somehow we were able to get it down to just under 38k. It's worth a try, I did it all by the phone and text. Besides that dealer sells more jeeps than anyone in the US, they get serious volume discounts, And with CA lockdown being super restrictive, they have zero traffic right now.
It was actually a very special nuclear nitrogen air:CWL:

Sponsored

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Picked up a custom order max sport yesterday. Sticker was $48250, invoice was $46149. I paid $41380 (6 percent under invoice that we agreed to when I ordered and the $2000 Jeep rebate) plus $800 dealer fee plus taxes and title fees. Was about $45,000 out the door. Guess you could say I got a little over 14 percent off sticker or 13 percent if you count the dealer fee in the price. I tried stacking the 1 percent under invoice affiliate discount and the $750 mailer. They refused and said they can't go any lower on my deal. It's a good deal and the best they can do.

Anyway. Feel my deal was fair, but my no means spectacular. Left dealer pissed off at them. Only had jeep filled with half a tank of gas. I filled it up immediately. Cost $13.

Also when I went into financing, he tried to give me a really high rate (almost 4 percent) and a longer term than I asked (63 months vs 5 years). When I called him out on it, he got defensive. I told him to try bank of america and I ended up getting 2.99 percent which is still high if you ask me. I could have gotten 2.3 from my credit union (found that out later). After doing the math, it cost me $9 per month or $540 total.

I left remembering why I despise anyone in the car business. They really are scumbags.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Yes they have some deal to be had on the Overlands in Houston all of a sudden. From them not wanting to come off anything they are now dropping prices like crazy. I just got a notice from Maik Haik as well as Hellfman about price drops of $4000 on overlands off already lowered prices

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery, 392 Daytona, JK
They’re listing all rubicons here 5-6k off. Still not selling. The same I’ve seen for the last month are all still on the lots of the four dealerships within 30 miles

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Very strange. I spoke with my local dealer manager recently. Still sticking to their pricing (and units) they've had for months. Exception being Overlands, but no thanks. Essentially said not gonna discount a JTR to better than 8K without factory incentives. I had that from Tri-cities etc before the current recession so I feel like I can close the book on buying from the local dealer. That's ok, it's not personal, it's just business. I'll continue to keep my $ in my pocket.