Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Topic says it all. What’s next? A mod? A trip? Rooftop tent? Giving the keys to a family member? Going to the shop? Thought it’d be cool to hear the aspirations and plans from fellow jeepers.
Mine's in the shop as we speak for quite a big of custom fabrication, then when I get it back home, gotta get the CB and fridge in place for a trip into the San Juans at the end of the month. Can't. Freaking. Wait!

Needless to say, Brown Santa's been visiting a lot lately ;)
Sponsored

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
RCV CV Axles
Adams front drive shaft
Rock Krawler 4-1/2" springs
King shocks
Motobilt skidplate system
Motobilt Crusher rear bumper
A Pillar and Front bumper KC Pro 6 led lights

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
There are a couple of full coverage skid plates that cover it. Rockhard and motobilt I believe. May be overkill though if your just trying to protect the muffler.
Yeah, the prices are ludicrous, and there's no evidence so far that I need it. Even on some pretty challenging obstacles. I hit some frame areas (that interestingly already had welded on extra plates from the factory), the exhaust, and the crossover member.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the prices are ludicrous, and there's no evidence so far that I need it. Even on some pretty challenging obstacles. I hit some frame areas (that interestingly already had welded on extra plates from the factory), the exhaust, and the crossover member.
And then there is me where one time out and I’m scared to take it back out till I get some protection down there. I have the motobilt in order already. I am a one and done shopper. So wanted to get everything protected all at once the first time and then I can abuse it

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Winch is next. Already put the bumper on, and have the Aux switches ready to support it.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I just have no fear of hitting most of the parts. My last two JKs were beat on the bottom, and before that I had Broncos that were beat. It was never an issue except for specific things. I just cover things that need it. The JK's gas tank was super weak, the JT's is fine. The JK had an exhaust crossover that was susceptible so I covered it, the JT's is questionable.

Winch is next. Already put the bumper on, and have the Aux switches ready to support it.
There's another thread on this. You do not use the aux switches for the winch!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Same question I've asked before, because I'm curious...why? I don't get the point of powering off a winch. The winch is completely off until you plug in the controller. For safety, you need to have a fuse or breaker at the battery anyway, so in a wreck or failure, it's automatically handled. I can't figure out why a few people are adding relays too. Just one more thing to fail.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same question I've asked before, because I'm curious...why? I don't get the point of powering off a winch. The winch is completely off until you plug in the controller. For safety, you need to have a fuse or breaker at the battery anyway, so in a wreck or failure, it's automatically handled. I can't figure out why a few people are adding relays too. Just one more thing to fail.
this wouldn’t be something most folks would do but using the appoint restyle head unit and the alpine switch back for it I’ve seen a video where someone has added winch controls to the touchscreen. Hell of a buy in for it, but cool just the same

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
It's just personal preference. I'd prefer to have in-cab controlled power from the aux switch.
If I want to kill power to the Winch, I can control it via a switch, regardless of the controller status.

I've never had a properly placed relay fail before, so not worried about a point of failure

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
A failed winch relay left me without a winch in the middle of the ocean trying to pull up a 30 pound anchor.

this wouldn’t be something most folks would do but using the appoint restyle head unit and the alpine switch back for it I’ve seen a video where someone has added winch controls to the touchscreen. Hell of a buy in for it, but cool just the same
Now that could be cool. On my JK, I had a wireless controller in addition to wired, and it was useful one time. I was in water and it allowed me to start feeding cable before the Jeep filled with water. On the other hand, once the electrical system flipped out, the radio stopped working but the winch kept working and got me out.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A failed winch relay left me without a winch in the middle of the ocean trying to pull up a 30 pound anchor.

Now that could be cool. On my JK, I had a wireless controller in addition to wired, and it was useful one time. I was in water and it allowed me to start feeding cable before the Jeep filled with water. On the other hand, once the electrical system flipped out, the radio stopped working but the winch kept working and got me out.
Right... Cool indeed, but I cant see the real use for it. If you in the cab it would be easier to hold a wired or wireless remote then it would to reach over & touch what ya need on the touchscreen.

pdril

First Name
tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
nuclear chemist
had mine for a week now. 1st ordered the seat rail extenders [will give feedback when they come in]. next ordered headliner to reduce noise. steel bumper, [i have the greatest dealer on earth, Franklin jeep, Franklin VA. Phillip is giving me bumper at reduced price and putting it on for nothing].
then a spray in bed liner. i think i would like it to go only half way up the sides. I purchased a president bill cb radio. It is very small, about 3"x4". I wanted to get the quadratec inside light bar but for $700.00 i think that is way too high.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
First mod I recommend for new JT owners, if your's was not factory ordered with it (mine wasn't)... Is the Mopar Jeep all-weather front & rear floor mats with the drain plugs that go through the floor board. That was my first mod. And it's been worth every penny. Got them on eBay from a dealer for like $117 shipped to my door. :like:

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
It's funny because people in certain areas think that's the top mod, and I've never changed out my fabric mats. Definitely depends on your weather and terrain.
Sponsored