Sponsored

What is the normal wait time for repair or oil change?

Whatthepuck

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Meat and seafood wholesale
I took my gladiator rubicon in for a check engine light, for an oil change, a look at the radio volume lowering for no reason, and the tab on the steering. Made the appointment 2 weeks in advance and dropped my jeep off at 9am. At 3pm I called to see if the work was done or how much longer it would take. Was told that they had 6 cars in front of me and that they wont even be able to look at it that day. Now i was a little bit upset since i have to go through alot to drop off the jeep during work hours. The service department told me if i needed the car back i could pick it up and return the following day. I had a trip to NY the next day so i rescheduled it for the day after. Fast forward to thursday (today) when I dropped it off(9am) he said they would look at my car right away. So I left thinking I would either have my car back by 4pm or at least have an update on the car, like why the engine light had come on an all the other issues. I just got off the phone with them (3pm) they haven't even had a chance to look at the jeep yet.
Is this normal for jeep? I've had an acura, caddy, bmw, and Mazda in the past and never had this sort of problem. Or should I start getting my work done at another dealership? And if so what is a good dealership to get work done in the Philadelphia area or south Jersey area? Live in medford, nj and work in south philly.
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I’m having a similar issue as well. I made an appointment to get the steering box recall done last Tuesday. The SR asked me when would I like to ring it in and I asked him if he had to order the parts. He said they have plenty in stock...Cool so I made an appointment for Thursday..
I get there Thursday morning and guess what? They don’t have the friggin parts! Well here it is the following Thursday and the service manager ( who knows me well with my daily calls) finally told me it will be done and ready by 5 today...We’ll see..

You should be able to get a free loaner as part of the Jeep Wave program so at least that may help some.

OP
OP

Whatthepuck

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Meat and seafood wholesale
Oh, he was very quick to day they had no loaners... smh

Love the jeep, but so far the service department of jeep is the worst I've seen.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
How frickin' annoying. I expect when I have an appointment that I will be seen at or near to that appointment. Haven't had cause to be at a dealer for service in a while but one time not long ago, when they knew I was waiting on the vehicle, I asked them why it hadn't moved in 90 min....5 min later it was in the shop.

Sponsored

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
i'd hang around and give em the stink eye till they moved me to the front of the line.

but that's just me.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, right............

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have had decent service from Spirit CDJR in Swedesboro, NJ but I have been a purchasing customer from them in the past.

The problem is most service department prioritized paid customer work and customer who have bought from them for warranty work over out of area customers who bought elsewhere.
Sponsored