First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Altitude
Occupation
Tech
My Jeep Gladiator Sport S the window sticker says it has trac–Lok® Anti–Spin Rear Differential

just wanting to know exactly what this means and how this helps. Thanks
Sponsored

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Differentials allow the rear wheels on a vehicle to turn at different speeds and the anti-spin differential rear axle work so that wheels lock up, turn together at the same rate under low traction conditions. If one of the rear wheels starts to lose traction, the other wheel will engage and keep the truck moving.

The mechanism provides overall stability in how it affects your wheels and how your new vehicle will handle in snow, ice, and off roading. With built-in anti-spin effect for maneuverability and safety.

anti-spin differential rear axle is helpful because it actively transfers friction to better control turns and put wheels on the road when needed,

OP
OP

Jbadstorm09

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Altitude
Occupation
Tech
Differentials allow the rear wheels on a vehicle to turn at different speeds and the anti-spin differential rear axle work so that wheels lock up, turn together at the same rate under low traction conditions. If one of the rear wheels starts to lose traction, the other wheel will engage and keep the truck moving.

The mechanism provides overall stability in how it affects your wheels and how your new vehicle will handle in snow, ice, and off roading. With built-in anti-spin effect for maneuverability and safety.

anti-spin differential rear axle is helpful because it actively transfers friction to better control turns and put wheels on the road when needed,
Thank you

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
LSD is like a locker but it locks the axle only partially (usually 80%) to allow both tires to rotate at different speeds on turns.

Lockers are the ultimate traction device. However, over the years I’ve found LSD to be more effective in slippery/winter conditions because, unlike lockers that can only be used in very specific offroad conditions, LSD works all the time, on-road and off-road, in 2WD, 4H and 4L.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
LSD is like a locker but it locks the axle only partially (usually 80%) to allow both tires to rotate at different speeds on turns.

Lockers are the ultimate traction device. However, over the years I’ve found LSD to be more effective in slippery/winter conditions because, unlike lockers that can only be used in very specific offroad conditions, LSD works all the time, on-road and off-road, in 2WD, 4H and 4L.
I would agree with all of this except the that a Spool is the ultimate traction device. Lockers such as a Detroit still ratchet and allow for some differentiation. A spool allows for zero under any condition. Great for the drag strip or the stop light boogie, not so good for anywhere else.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
The window sticker on my Sport-S Max Tow delivered in June 2019 has the words " Speed Sensitive Power Locks" listed in the optional package. Any idea if this is LSD ?

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The window sticker on my Sport-S Max Tow delivered in June 2019 has the words " Speed Sensitive Power Locks" listed in the optional package. Any idea if this is LSD ?
No. That just means your doors lock as you start driving