Sponsored

What kind of deal can I realistically expect?

OC357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
Did the dealership in SC beat the VA Price? I’m in Northern VA but willing to travel. I have just started looking. Dulles seems to have some good advertised prices as does Stafford in Warrenton.
Thanks

I shopped around. Had a deal negotiated with Dulles Jeep in Leesburg, VA for $7000k off MSRP (that was our "home" dealership). We are in SC due to the virus and I could not find one in SC with the cold weather package. Finally, after much searching, found the one we wanted at Lake Keowee Jeep in Seneca, SC. They have over 100 Gladiators on the lot. You might be able to find one close to your build and then tweak.
Sponsored

viiiball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Did the dealership in SC beat the VA Price? I’m in Northern VA but willing to travel. I have just started looking. Dulles seems to have some good advertised prices as does Stafford in Warrenton.
Thanks
The package I bought was a bit different than the one I had negotiated with Dulles. From a percentage standpoint SC was just slightly more expensive. But it saved me a 9 hour and 500 mile drive.

OC357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
The package I bought was a bit different than the one I had negotiated with Dulles. From a percentage standpoint SC was just slightly more expensive. But it saved me a 9 hour and 500 mile drive.
Thanks for the input, just started looking. Dulles has one that’s super close to what I want.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
That's what I paid for my new LE, identical to that one.

Sponsored

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Coming from one of the many that purchased through Travis at Tri-City, I can say it would be worth the drive down to NC. Bear in mind he’s right on the NC/VA border. I felt like I got a great deal at 6% below invoice and now he’s offering 8% below... can’t beat that!! Send him what you want to order and he’ll send you a breakdown of the exact price before making any deposits.

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
Coming from one of the many that purchased through Travis at Tri-City, I can say it would be worth the drive down to NC. Bear in mind he’s right on the NC/VA border. I felt like I got a great deal at 6% below invoice and now he’s offering 8% below... can’t beat that!! Send him what you want to order and he’ll send you a breakdown of the exact price before making any deposits.
i would second that. I ordered my JL here, and now I have a JT on order.

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S (STOCK) 2014 Jeep JK (NOT STOCK)
Occupation
Wouldn't you like to know.
For orders I found that motor inn of spirit lake (sticky discussion above - 5% off invoice with affiliate/tread lightly) was the best price I could get on order close to me That was within about a 3-5 hour drive (Minneapolis area). None of the local dealers could/would match his pricing.

Koons out in VA I think was about $1000 cheaper if they are truly offering 8% off invoice, even with the crazy $800 doc fee, but the time and money needed to get to the east coast from the Midwest wasn’t worth it to me.

On the “west coast” I saw good things said about Dennis Dillon our in Utah. Sounds like there were a few other options in the west coast too but I can’t remember them.

I will say, I was ready to order, but I found a great deal on one on a lot that had nearly all the things I really needed and bought it. I think the big thing when comparing ordering to buying on the lot is making sure you find one that has all the stuff you want that would be very hard to add later. If something on the lot has everything but is missing the simple stuff like bedliner, tonneau cover, headliner, etc and the deal looks good to you then go for it. You can add a number of things easily later.
BLUF: I got mine for $7,200 below MSRP and should have gone lower.

So I looked at Koons since I live around there... bunch of jokers and I have emails to prove it. I asked for a Jeep Gladiator Sport S with a soft top, 7" radio, cold weather package, Aux switches, and the power convenience package. Both Koons and Adams Jeep said $43,000 including tax titles and tags ($4000). So what did I do... I looked at all the dealers within 100 miles. I found the one with the most gladiators in stock (83) and went there. BRING YOUR CHECK AND APPROVAL LETTER FROM THE BANK). So I went into DARCARS because they had 83... I walked around to where they have their big board with their sales for the month. I noticed that they only sold 2 Jeeps on May 4th. FIND OUT HOW MANY THEY SOLD. Here is why. I went to the sales person and told him what I wanted (what I said up top).

1) I ask for the vehicle and how much it will cost. He replied It was $43,759 MSRP but with employee pricing and military it came down to $41,000 and some BEFORE TAXES

2) I show him the approval letter from the bank at this point and tell them I am a serious buyer... look I am approved and given the economic situation you are going to have to do better. He replied and said I can give you a similar jeep but missing the cold weather package for $40,000 and some.

3) I then point out his sales board and said I see you sold 2x jeeps on the 4th.. you sold them ON THE 4th BECAUSE THATS WHEN THE JEEP INCENTIVES ENDED AND PEOPLE GOT NERVOUS AND BIT. He replied okay so I will give you the Jeep you want for 40,000.

4) I reply with, I can order it from the factory and have it sent to Texas (they have an additional $1000 off incentives if you buy it in Texas, go to the jeep website and use the Houston zip cone and build your jeep and you will see it at the end "western rebate") for cheaper and I could get everything else I wanted like the exact color and it would new from the factory and NO test drives. He replied okay name your price then.

5) I told him I want the gladiator for $39,999.99 OUT THE DOOR INCLUDING TAX TITLES AND TAGS. He laughed and said he couldn't do it.

6) MY LAST MOVE: Recap the economic state, lack of sales, low quarter 1 sales and April sales were 47% of what they were supposed to do, tell them they have a ton in inventory, sold very few, comparable trucks like the Colorado and tacoma are cheaper, and that Jeep is resuming production soon so not only do you have inventory BUT you will be getting more and in 5 months you will have 2021 models... THEN I WHIPPED OUT THE REAL CHECK and told him hey, I am here to buy a jeep. He countered $41,000 out the door INCLUDING tax titles and tags.

7) Have them write it down and send it to other dealership then say you are going to lunch (unless they match the number you requested). So I did that and the Koons salesman said that it wasn't a real offer because it is crazy low and that if it was true to show him and he would give me a free tank of gas. Adams said they couldn't match it. A dealer 200 miles away said they would match it. BUT AT THIS POINT YOU ARE AT LUCH... take your time, let them sweat it out. 30 minutes exactly after I left I got a call saying if I was coming back, and I said unless you can give me something worth my while I will take my check elsewhere. He said they are working on it and to come back.

8) I go back, they said they could do it for $40,500 out the door including tax titles and tags. I said too much, throw something else in the mix to make it worth it. They said fine, how about free slush mats, some fluids change and something else. At this point KNOWING MY JK HEAD GASKET BLEW AND I STILL NEED TO GET TO WORK I did not get too greedy and accepted it. If I was not pressured for a vehicle I would have pushed lower. But break down of vehicle I got the vehicle I wanted for $36,550 and then taxes were $3,950.

I could have gone lower, I think you should go for $8,000-$10,000 below sticker. Since it is later in the month I would go for it ASAP because even though the dealer may say "Oh we are opening up soon" you need to remind them that A) this is the highest unemployment rate in a long time and people who get their jobs back are going to pay back debts... not buy a new car. B) States that have opened have seen a spike in COVID-19 cases and could potentially close again C) Tell them that means that Jeep will be making more Gladiators and no one to buy them.

Please let me know how it goes.. I need to live through you so you can get a better deal than I did. If my jk was working at the time I would have pushed lower!

So I sent the sticker and receipt to the Koons guy and asked when I can get my free tank of Gas and then all of a sudden he said he would have given me the same deal... then I replied I would have bought it at full price from you if you weren't so sarcastic.

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
Great story, reminds me of when I bought my wife's MB. However, I won't be buying in "these uncertain times"....by the time I place my order, I'll bet it's late summer or longer. I before I can do that I need to sell my Audi (and Bring A Trailer isn't exactly "expeditious" in getting your auction posted) and refi my house, and in order to refi my house I have to get a railing on my deck (code inspection), and the company making the parts for the railing is currently shut down for "these uncertain times"! So I am trying to be patient and making the wife drive around to every Jeep dealer within 100 miles, because I tell her I need to decide between Sting Gray and Gator, although I really know every single dealer has a lot just chock full of red, black and white Sports with automatics and all the same option packages.

That is f-ing awesome that you sent the guy the sticker asking for your tank of gas.

Sidenote, seriously, what is it with dealer inventory? I've been to about 5. One, out in bumblef...., had a GREAT selection, several Rubicons, and every color on the palette (no manuals though). But every other one had an inventory consisting of black, white and red Sports. Yesterday there was a place that showed 54 Gladiators on the lot. They had 2 Rubicons (red and billet) and 2 Overlands (both red). Every other one was a black, red, or white Sport with no notable options. Why fill your lot up with a dozen of the same truck?

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
You’d be in that range if you just ordered from Tricity and avoided all that hassle. I came in at 13% below sticker. They’re currently offering 8% below invoice on orders. Mine was only 6% below. You could probably have it shipped and still make out better.

jtim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Rubicon
I guess the deal you get is what you are willing to work for. If you ask the dealer to give you your best price out the door and you accept that, you've left money on the table but you've spent an hour or less all in. I ordered mine and got $9000 off the MSRP ($55232 MSRP) and paid no dealer adds/fees. Took me about 2 hours. I did the same with my JK. It's all about if you have the time and can handle the stress of the negotiation.
Was that with extra incentives? Which dealer did you go through? I'm in Mesa also, trying to get a good price on a Mojave order. The best price I've gotten yet is $1000 under invoice, but I'd like to get it lower.
Sponsored