First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I was merely helping him identify which oil from his list that he had by referencing SN+

if a warranty question comes up, that strategy could become an issue.
I can buy 55 gallon drums of mobile delvac 5w-40 for $600 but if the motor shits the bed inside the 100k warranty and Jeep wanted to be a holes, that massive savings turns into a major L
The chances of that happening with proper OCI’s is slim to none. There are more important things in life to worry about....
Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
That may be true, but... better safe than sorry! :LOL:

What's $60 in oil when you have to pay $50 for a filter...

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
I'm planning on putting in Pennzoil for my first oil change...
Why not take advantage of the first 3 oil changes free at the dealer through the Jeep Wave program?

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Why not take advantage of the first 3 oil changes free at the dealer through the Jeep Wave program?
Trust? Idk, I don't enjoy being that person that is constantly questioning what the dealer needs to do/has done for work i.e. how much oil are you putting in, what brand of oil are you using, etc.

We've all heard about the issues with dealers putting in too much oil in the 3.6 on the JLs since they upped it from the JKs, and I've already seen a slew of dealerships putting in T6 (which is not up to the MS-12991 spec)

Overland-2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security
I used one of my free three oil changes last week and the dealer told me they put in Rotella T-6. They were genuinely surprised when they found out it took more than 8 quarts. Even came out and asked me if I knew how much it took! NOT a great confidence builder there! They did not write what oil they used on the slip - and I missed that!

I do admit I am still confused by all the different oil options and how FCA does not commit to a standard other than specifying 5w-40. T-6 is a low ash oil but the brochure (at least the one I found) doesn't specifically say for diesels. The word diesel is used once, and is under the "Excellent Deposit Control" heading.
When I do my own oil I'll most likely go for the Motul 8100 5w-40 X-Clean as it "looks" to be the kind of oil I would want in the engine.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
That's not great... I contacted my local dealer and asked what oil they would use, after saying they'd put in Rotella, I mentioned the MS-12991 spec, and the service person said she'd talk to the manager.

After a bit, they confirmed that they would be putting in Mopar MaxPro 5W-40, which gives me some confidence... I think I'll probably go there to get it changed.
Sponsored