First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
So that includes both plugs for the license plate lights, which are same size/shape plug as the rear fog lights?
Only difference is the bumper harness has 90° turns on the plugs, but the connection is the same. Even the parts diagram called for the same part number for both.
http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm
Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Only difference is the bumper harness has 90° turns on the plugs, but the connection is the same. Even the parts diagram called for the same part number for both.
http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm
Well I think i'll save the money then and go that route! Thanks for all your hard work, hopefully I can repay you with some researching of my own someday.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Well I think i'll save the money then and go that route! Thanks for all your hard work, hopefully I can repay you with some researching of my own someday.
Double check the polarity at the plugs just to make sure they haven't swapped them, but that's a much cheaper option.

Sorta bummed this morning, official start of Stay At Home mandate state wide here in Colorado, and would have been my final day driving to the store I've been covering for the last 4 months. There was heavy fog this morning, and I'm bummed because I could have used the new rear fog lights had I been able to go.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
‘Maybe send him a wheel of CHEESE!

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Keep hoping for morning fog, and nada. Probably doesn't help my work hours are now later in the morning, so any possible fog has long burned off by that time. The built in perimeter reflectors do look really good when headlights reflect off them, a definite halo look. I saw them tonight coming back from the store in my wife's Wrangler as we pulled into the garage. Should've got a picture, now that I think of it. Ah, maybe next time.

Edit: I have been able to watch more of these recently, catching some pics along the way from our back yard.

IMG_20200405_191715_142.jpg

Last edited:

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Looks great man, I’ve wanted to do this for so long and I don’t even have my Gladiator yet. Going to order the parts while I wait for them to build mine so I can install it once I get mine.

Jim smith

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Let me know if you need any help. I spent more time making the harness and running it up to the aux switches than actually installing them. There's supposedly two wires in the harness that allow it to be operated by the foglight switch, but until I can verify them through a JT wiring diagram, I did the aux route for now. The bumper wiring harness on my Sport S only had 2 wires vs 4 going to it. Maybe an Overland or Rubicon have them, but don't have either so can't compare.
Any luck, got the rear fog lights installed. Found that the easiest place to splice into us the license plate lamps. But i would love to control them with the fog light switch and make them somewhat stock

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Any luck, got the rear fog lights installed. Found that the easiest place to splice into us the license plate lamps. But i would love to control them with the fog light switch and make them somewhat stock
I stopped looking for now. Until the JT wiring diagrams are available, I'm not going to try and chase them down. I'm only 50% sure on the 2 wires I found that I didn't want to chance blowing a fuse or messing something up. Once I can 100% confirm, I'll change it. I can change them easily afterwards. They're hooked to Aux 3 switch.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
For anybody wondering you can order these directly from your parts department. I ordered the fog lights and wiring from my dealership here in Ontario and it showed up today. Pretty happy I didn’t have to order it overseas and pay customs, duties and shipping. Gonna see if I figure out if I can make it plug and play and try and find out if there is a sales code I can have flashed in to make work.

The crappy part is I’m still waiting for my Gladiator to arrive. Ordered in March and it looks like it will only get here in mid July.
Jeep Gladiator What plug would plug in to this? DCDE143E-64F5-4EC4-9E8B-3C7878295857
Jeep Gladiator What plug would plug in to this? 5B21D9A4-C99B-486E-A91A-14514CD6F61C

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
For anybody wondering you can order these directly from your parts department. I ordered the fog lights and wiring from my dealership here in Ontario and it showed up today. Pretty happy I didn’t have to order it overseas and pay customs, duties and shipping. Gonna see if I figure out if I can make it plug and play and try and find out if there is a sales code I can have flashed in to make work.

The crappy part is I’m still waiting for my Gladiator to arrive. Ordered in March and it looks like it will only get here in mid July.
Jeep Gladiator What plug would plug in to this? 5B21D9A4-C99B-486E-A91A-14514CD6F61C
Glad to see the wiring harness is available in Canada. I wired into the aux switches, my bumper harness connection wasn't set for plug and play.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Glad to see the wiring harness is available in Canada. I wired into the aux switches, my bumper harness connection wasn't set for plug and play.
yeah mine should be. I’m thinking with a sales code I should be able to make it work. Just need to figure out what sales code has it.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So after having this for a while I’ll be finally trying to install this with the factory harness and using the JSCAN app to unlock it. Hopefully that with help me to get it working.

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
Try this PN...it mentions the fogs...only $55 too.

Gladiator Rear Bumper Wiring Harness R/Fog Lamps Steel Bumper - Mopar (68406685AC)

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Try this PN...it mentions the fogs...only $55 too.

Gladiator Rear Bumper Wiring Harness R/Fog Lamps Steel Bumper - Mopar (68406685AC)
I actually picked that up yesterday. But 68406685AB,

going to try and install it tomorrow and see if I can get it working. In talks with JSCAN to see what is needed to make it work.
Sponsored