Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
You are not limited in your freedom of speech. You can speak it in any public place, and it can not be limited by the government as the Constitution provides. This forum is private property, another aspect of the Constitution that is equally important. I have no feelings on this matter to share, I am just trying to be a respectful guest. This is someone's home, not the town square.
I don't disagree with you at all... I just think the logic behind it is flawed. If this forum was mine, and it's not, I'd let people say whatever they want. I'd love to have people expose themselves for the jackwagons they are.

Also, this feeling may come from past experiences with forums. I've been passionate about motorsports of some type for my entire life and have always been on multiple forums related to that passion... and historically, these forum conversations have always led to regularly scheduled local meet-ups. Letting someone freely speak their mind on whatever they want to speak on makes it easier to decide who you want to be around in real life, not just on the interwebs. The local meetup aspect does seem to have disappeared though... which sucks.
Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Oh no, I'm not pointing a finger at you.

I don't make the rules but this forum is different. If your interested in speaking your mind, there's other ones like Pirate you can get on and pretty much anything goes, I know of another one that's more tame now that it used to be because it's under new management. All I'm saying is they got their rules and if we don't like it then it's their rules, we can either follow it or don't get back on the site

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/help/terms/
yeah, but the others arent geared toward the JT Gladiator. :(

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Its a privately owned forum without a membership fee. It provides a great service and has helped many. I wouldn't have been able to buy my Gladiator if not for the purchasing spreadsheet I got from here. I would not have had my steering issue handled if not for the people here. I get and read advice daily that helps me here ...

We get this for FREE ... But someone pays the bills. And they set the rules ...

Believe me, I am as hard core against the current events in the USA and this cancel culture thing is a travesty ...

But, a locked thread on this forum that clearly violates the usage guidelines that are posted and easily accessible AND were agreed to when we signed up ain't cancel culture ... Not even close ...

It is good management of a site that has clear policies.

And as pointed out above, if you agree to policies when signing up, then proceed to break the policies, then proceed to get mad and vocal about it than you are a whiner ...

Ads.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
So the real question is why did Jeep pull the commercial when he only blew a .02 and the limit is .08. Evidentially the cop witnessed him take what appeared to look like a shot of alcohol that a fan gave him while near or on his bike... and this happened back in November.

The commercial got pulled not because he was drunk, but drinking “near” his vehicle.

Sucks for him, he shouldn’t have taken that shot.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
What are you saying here ?

Its someone's business and the model is to create an online enthusiast forum and sell ads to fund it an hopefully turn a profit ...

Yep ...

Sponsored

Gladiator Girl

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Florist
Vehicle Showcase
So I threw up a post about how much I thought Jeep blew it using Springsteen for there Super Bowl Commercial. Almost as bad as using DeCaprio or Bill Nye. Anyway the responses were thought provoking and Interesting, just jeepers with opinions . Awesome! Next thing thread is shut down. Whats with that?
It started out to be a nice JEEP commercial. But in light of his DWI it kind of was a no brainer to take it down. I wouldn’t want to be associated with my product being out there with an offender THE BOSS or anyone for that matter, making it ok to drive a Jeep and drink and drive!! Just saying no politics involved.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I wish there were a political subforum here but the ownership is playing it safe IMO. All it takes is someone to have an opinion that someone doesn't like and said person starts calling advertisers and making threats. A bunch of corporations are doing that to Facebook because people were posting information from other places instead of getting it from big media.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
What should scare the sh#t out of us is that an entire generation thinks that "cancel culture" is a reasonable solution for aspects that they don't "like" or "agree" with.
Yep, 100% of us have made mistakes in the past. We could all be canceled if in the right spotlight with the right people looking.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Yep, 100% of us have made mistakes in the past. We could all be canceled if in the right spotlight with the right people looking.
Exactly. If you didn't like someone you'd put some dogsh#t on their doorstep, light it on fire, and then ring the doorbell. Now kids try to ruin each other online. The "adults" of this generation take it a step further and dig up crap someone said 15 years ago, totally take it out of context, and then stir up another 10 million people with their malcontent.

At some point, social media will implode. "This is why we can't have nice things."

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
What should scare the sh#t out of us is that an entire generation thinks that "cancel culture" is a reasonable solution for aspects that they don't "like" or "agree" with.
But it might hurt someone’s feelings...
Sponsored